Decision on my Onshore application while outside Australia - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Decision on my Onshore application while outside Australia - Page 2

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
That's more than just a little more information you have provided there in saying you have been requested to provide a valid passport [ which needs to be extended ]!
If you are saying your passport is out of date that is the very first thing you need to address and then it is usual to provide a certified copy of a current passport identification page rather than the passport itself.
That information and being requested to provide Form 80 would indicate your visa processing is not actually processing other than an initial look by a CO and the expired passport would have been the very first thing noticed and hence the request before proceeding further.
You need to get those matters in hand quickly I would suggest and if getting the passport renewed will take you past the 28 days limit, provide information on when you expect to renew and submit the details.
At the same time it would seem that your only option to return will be on something like a tourist visa.
As to the timing of it, the Form 80 is usually to allow for the external security check and that can take six months or more so finalisation could be quite some time off.
If you express an awareness of that to the CO you could ask whether you can time your return for when the processing will be closer to finalisation and seek to get a visitor visa closer to that date or get clarified whether you actually need to be back in Australia to have the visa processing continue.
But just as you have not revealed all initially here, you will just get yourself into more of a mess if you do not address the total situation with the CO and do it in a very clear dot point layout.

The other aspect you may also need to review is your character clearance from Turkey even if it had originally been provided, for now you have been back there for some time, I would not be surprised if you are asked to have an updated certificate provided and that is something else you could ask the CO. about and it may be that you will have to provide a new one to be co-incident with your date of departure.

Last edited by Wanderer; 11-12-2010 at 11:49 PM.

  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
Please update your flag here .

I have some news from my CO and the Australian Embassy in Turkey.

Firstly, after submitting my valid passport and form 80 the CO requested a few more expired documents. A new Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearance certificate, new Turkish police clearance and new medicals. Furthermore, she added that "Once all of this information is received and assessed, your application will be nearing finalisation." And the response of my question whether the processing can continue while I am outside of Australia is:
"Processing of your application can continue while you are outside of Australia. However, it is a time of decision requirement that you are onshore, in Australia at the time the visa is finalised."

Secondly, I managed to get advise about obtaining a return visa to Australia from the CO through the Australian Embassy in Turkey. They have contacted my CO for me as to which way is suitable for me to follow. The answer is as expected via a tourist visa. I was told on the phone that I will be able to change my visa to Bridging visa A, once I arrived to Australia with a tourist visa. They have suggested me to apply a tourist visa using form 48R.

Now I have a couple of questions, if it is not asking too much;
-In the request for information letter it is said that "Please contact your nearest medibank Health Solutions office to make a booking to undergo the health examinations". Is it possible to get my medical examination done in Turkey with the approved panel doctors and send the results to Adelaide?
-I have got 28 days from today to submit the requested documents and considering the upcoming public holidays how should I time my return and make the other arrangements?
Sorry for being a headache.. And thanks a lot for your help..

Last edited by OK_81; 11-30-2010 at 04:00 PM.

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
The request re Health solutions is probably based on the fact that your application is an onshore application but medicals can normally be done anywhere.
I'd suggest because you're kind of doing this application inside out to use an Aussie term, just conforming with your CO that a medical examination abroad is OK would be appropriate.
It's good that it all seems to be heading in the right direction for you.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
820 Onshore Partner visa application bessboo Visas and immigration 7 10-30-2011 05:10 AM
Before we submit: Contents of our onshore 820/801 application llawjm Visas and immigration 10 10-10-2011 08:41 AM
457 to onshore PR application question cjka Visas and immigration 2 02-02-2011 05:56 AM
Decision making to choose australia satish Jobs and work 1 07-29-2010 12:27 AM
Settling in Australia for good--a couples' decision studyinaustralia Housing 0 01-18-2010 06:45 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.