2 questions

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

2 questions

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
2 questions

hello i have 2 questions that i need to ask the first one is, a friend of mine has asked me would the immigration board allow her to have a temporary visa subclass 309 and a permanent visa 100 when she has had petty crimes like stealing but no prison sentence this was 15 years ago........................................My question is, i will be applying myself a temporary visa subclass 309 and a permanent visa 100 when i return to the UK next February. When i have completed the application form will i be allowed to travel to Australia on a Tourist Visa and be with my defacto partner and be there and wait until its been processed.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 895
Users Flag! From australia

88 likes received
1 likes given

First off, if your friend wasn't convicted of the crimes she committed and never served ay sentences that were longer than 12 months, those things should not affected a spouse visa application. How old was she at the time? If she was under 18, or the legal age wherever she was born, then she should be OK I think. But, you should read the relevant info. on the DIAC site for yourself:


Second, if you lodge a spouse visa offshore, the applicant has to be out of Australia when it's granted. So, the applicant can lodge offshore and visit on a tourist visa, but they have to be somewhere out of the country to get it. New Zealand is a popular place for this, or a quick trip to SE Asia for a short time will allow the applicant to get the visa.

You need to look in more detail at the DIAC website and get a clearer understanding of the different visas and how to apply:

Partner Visa Options - Family Members - Migrants - Visas & Immigration

Last edited by aussiegirl; 11-14-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Defacto Visa questions,questions,questions!!!! fazz Visas and immigration 1 06-05-2010 04:34 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.