Holiday Visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Holiday Visa


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2010, 11:19 PM
NirvanasKurdt's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From usa

3 likes received
Holiday Visa

Hey guys I have a question on the holiday visa for tourist. I know that it expires after 12 months and you can stay in a country for up to 3 months or 90 days. My question is, how many days do you have to wait before returning to said country after you depart for another country? For example, can I stay in Australia for 3 months on a holiday visa and then leave to NZ for a night or two and go right back to Aus as long as my visa is still not expired? Or do I have to wait a certain amount of days or weeks to be able to go back to Australia after being there for 3 months?? Thanks guys


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
There is no set time though there is advice about the ETA type visa that says they are not for facilitating longer term stays and if that is what you want, then you ought to consider asking for a longer term tourist visa.
People have posted about leaving and then returning a few days later but it is not to say that you can not be quizzed on re-entry and that may especially occur after the first occurrence.
At any entry, Immi officers may want to query people on their intent and funds they have to support their intent.





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 PM
NirvanasKurdt's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From usa

3 likes received
Well i have an application lodged for the visa subclass 300 so I want to go on a tourist visa on holiday, then when I have to leave to activate my visa 300 or my 3 months is up, I will just buy a round trip ticket to NZ and return. But Im thinking about it more and I think im just going to fly to Aus with a return ticket back to the US and then buy a one way ticket back to Australia once my visa 300 is approved god willing Also, when and if I do get the visa 300 granted, can I buy just a one way ticket to Australia since I will be living there and working? Thanks for your responses Wanderer you are a huge help!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
It does help like in telling the full story to start with like that 300 and so there should really be no problem at all in using NZ how you propose but just to give yourself extra time to allow for the processing, save yourself some travelling and $$$ and just get a six months tourist visa and if that has a NO Further Stay condition on it, use NZ in the last week and apply for the ETA over there or you may be able to get an idea of how long off granting is going to be and decide to have a look about NZ for a couple of weeks or whatever.
It'll beat flying back across the greater pacific a couple of times.





Last edited by Wanderer; 11-25-2010 at 10:57 PM.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2010, 01:43 PM
NirvanasKurdt's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From usa

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
It does help like in telling the full story to start with like that 300 and so there should really be no problem at all in using NZ how you propose but just to give yourself extra time to allow for the processing, save yourself some travelling and $$$ and just get a six months tourist visa and if that has a NO Further Stay condition on it, use NZ in the last week and apply for the ETA over there or you may be able to get an idea of how long off granting is going to be and decide to have a look about NZ for a couple of weeks or whatever.
It'll beat flying back across the greater pacific a couple of times.
I will definitely look into the six month tourist visa to save me some money in the flights I talked to my fiance and she says that I can maybe fly to Australia on a one way flight with a tourist visa and buy another onward ticket to NZ so that will be my onward ticket leaving Aus. Then she says when i leave for NZ, I can just buy a return ticket back to Aus and that will of course be when the visa 300 goes into affect I will call the Australian Embassy and ask to be sure cause i will have to do my medical exam before I leave anyway and they have yet to contact me Do you know any reasons why they would not grant a visa?? I have no diseases or health problems and i have no criminal record (never been arrested or in trouble with the law) and I am from a low risk country(US). Also we are having a baby and we sent papers from hospital about that and sent every required documents they asked for, now I just have to do the medicals and hope for the best and a hopefully fast processing and an approved application


Last edited by NirvanasKurdt; 11-26-2010 at 03:54 PM.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
I doubt that you'll really have too many issues at all and there's not even really a need to ring the Oz embassy but they could confirm.
. Yes you can apply for a tourist visa and if granted use that for travelling to Australia while you are awaiting the PMV, and no reason why a tourist visa should not be granted.
. You do not need a flight out to enter Australia and the best thing to do when and if you'll need to is to just buy a return ticket for NZ when the PMV is ready to be granted.

What they may not confirm/advise on for Embassy based Immi people nor Immi in general are not really there so much to be advisors on what decisions people should make as an agent would and so
. Has your fiance had medical advice re flying whilst pregnant?, if that is what is being thought of, for she should and some airlines even have restrictions re pregnant women passengers.
Hence my if above!
. You will not need a medical if you still use a tourist visa and you could do a medical in Australia if you were flying out before having been requested for the PMV, probably a bit cheaper in Australia too.

So, In first making the decision about the fiance flying, depending on her stage of pregnancy, you could still be in the states when a PMV was due for granting and you'll not need the tourist visa and all the shuttling.
If that looks to be the case you may decide on and/or say you decided on marrying earlier than later, if you advise Immi of having done that before the PMV is granted, they will consider it as a partner visa and that will save you having to put in a partner visa application after marriage.

If your fiance/you still decide to fly out prior to the PMV being granted, the only catch with flying to NZ is that an airline will require you to have an onward flight to a country for which you have a right of entry and so in the event of the PMV still not having been granted, you would want to schedule your flight to NZ in the last week of the tourist visa with return flight before it expires and then on landing in NZ you can get an ETA on which to return.
Of course if the tourist visa does not have a No Further Stay condition on it, you could apply for an extension and not do the trip until the PMV granting was to occur.
But either way, probably best to wait and just book a NZ return when you need it.

If you are travelling before the PMV is granted, just advise Immi and have your email address as means of contact.





  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2010, 11:56 PM
NirvanasKurdt's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From usa

3 likes received
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I doubt that you'll really have too many issues at all and there's not even really a need to ring the Oz embassy but they could confirm.
. Yes you can apply for a tourist visa and if granted use that for travelling to Australia while you are awaiting the PMV, and no reason why a tourist visa should not be granted.
. You do not need a flight out to enter Australia and the best thing to do when and if you'll need to is to just buy a return ticket for NZ when the PMV is ready to be granted.

What they may not confirm/advise on for Embassy based Immi people nor Immi in general are not really there so much to be advisors on what decisions people should make as an agent would and so
. Has your fiance had medical advice re flying whilst pregnant?, if that is what is being thought of, for she should and some airlines even have restrictions re pregnant women passengers.
Hence my if above!
. You will not need a medical if you still use a tourist visa and you could do a medical in Australia if you were flying out before having been requested for the PMV, probably a bit cheaper in Australia too.

So, In first making the decision about the fiance flying, depending on her stage of pregnancy, you could still be in the states when a PMV was due for granting and you'll not need the tourist visa and all the shuttling.
If that looks to be the case you may decide on and/or say you decided on marrying earlier than later, if you advise Immi of having done that before the PMV is granted, they will consider it as a partner visa and that will save you having to put in a partner visa application after marriage.

If your fiance/you still decide to fly out prior to the PMV being granted, the only catch with flying to NZ is that an airline will require you to have an onward flight to a country for which you have a right of entry and so in the event of the PMV still not having been granted, you would want to schedule your flight to NZ in the last week of the tourist visa with return flight before it expires and then on landing in NZ you can get an ETA on which to return.
Of course if the tourist visa does not have a No Further Stay condition on it, you could apply for an extension and not do the trip until the PMV granting was to occur.
But either way, probably best to wait and just book a NZ return when you need it.

If you are travelling before the PMV is granted, just advise Immi and have your email address as means of contact.
I have a 3 month stay ETA tourist visa and I want to just go ahead and apply for the 6 month stay visa which is about $100. If I leave to Aus on this 3 month stay ETA I will have to probably fly to NZ and back to Aus twice because the visa 300 may not be decided on by the time the 3 months are up So if I try to do this with the 3 month ETA and flying to NZ to apply for another 3 month ETA, then I will end up spending $$ on an extra round trip to NZ. Can I apply for the tourist 6 month ETA visa while I still have an active tourist 3 month stay ETA visa? Cause I would rather spend $100 now on a 6 month tourist ETA visa then spend $500 later on another NZ flight. So I think if I apply for a 6 month stay ETA then I can just book a one way flight to Aus and have another flight from Aus to NZ booked as well to show I have a means to leave the country before my 6 months is up Also my fiance is about to burst! Shes at the point where she cant fly so we will have to wait for the partner visa until after we are married I also called the OZ embassy today and they also told me I could do my medical exam in Australia!!! So I think I will do that just in case they have me do another exam with the doctor. I will still be in Aus so it works out that way Also, the reason I am leaving at all before the visa 300 is decided on, is because I want to be there for the birth of our first child I know its taking even more steps but I think being well prepared and researching all of the things necessary then we will be just fine. Again, Thank you so much Wanderer you are the best!!!!!


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2010, 04:00 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
OK, so reading back to one of your other threads and your previous use of the ETA, I take it your fiance is in Australia and if so, her flying is not an issue.
So what I'd do seeing you already have the ETA is just use that and if you were leaving it until closer to when bub is expected, you might even have a chance of the PMV being granted.
Seeing as you already have the FBI check done and if a state check is needed as well and have done that I'd do a bit of a constructively compassionate check with the embassy [ and explaining your fiance is expecting, just ask without being overly forceful at all ] whether there will be any chance of your application being looked at prior to Xmas.
If your application is very clear and all in order, you never know your luck.

Are you qualified in a trade/profession for if so, sticking with the ETA for the time being will also give you the advantage of looking for an employer sponsor on arrival and if having luck with that, an ETA with no No Further Stay condition will allow you to put in an application for an employer sponsored visa and work while you're awaiting the PMV.
Because for the PMV to be granted, you are going to need that trip to NZ, that will not conflict with an employer sponsored visa for you'll still just have to take your trip, you get the PMV and return and you can continue with the employment.

And seeing as you have a PMV application in, I not expect they will knock you back on applying for a tourist visa while in Australia if you still need to resort to that.





  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2010, 04:40 AM
NirvanasKurdt's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From usa

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
OK, so reading back to one of your other threads and your previous use of the ETA, I take it your fiance is in Australia and if so, her flying is not an issue.
So what I'd do seeing you already have the ETA is just use that and if you were leaving it until closer to when bub is expected, you might even have a chance of the PMV being granted.
Seeing as you already have the FBI check done and if a state check is needed as well and have done that I'd do a bit of a constructively compassionate check with the embassy [ and explaining your fiance is expecting, just ask without being overly forceful at all ] whether there will be any chance of your application being looked at prior to Xmas.
If your application is very clear and all in order, you never know your luck.

Are you qualified in a trade/profession for if so, sticking with the ETA for the time being will also give you the advantage of looking for an employer sponsor on arrival and if having luck with that, an ETA with no No Further Stay condition will allow you to put in an application for an employer sponsored visa and work while you're awaiting the PMV.
Because for the PMV to be granted, you are going to need that trip to NZ, that will not conflict with an employer sponsored visa for you'll still just have to take your trip, you get the PMV and return and you can continue with the employment.

And seeing as you have a PMV application in, I not expect they will knock you back on applying for a tourist visa while in Australia if you still need to resort to that.
Yeah my fiance is in Australia that is why I am trying so hard to get there for the birth while my visa application is being processed Yeah I think I will just use the ETA I have now to travel to Aus for Xmas and hope that the visa 300 gets approved before March cause my ETA expires March 2, 2011 But, I front loaded the visa 300 app with everything but the medicals which I am now going to do whilst in Australia So, Im going to travel to Aus on a one way ticket and also book an onward flight to NZ for March 1st 2011. Do you know if I can change the date of my onward flight to NZ to an earlier date after its been booked?? Or does it depend on the airline?? Im planning to leave in 4 weeks from today, so I think they will probably contact me to do the medical exam. However, I dont want to risk taking the exam in the US and then flying to Australia and taking the risk of maybe having to take another exam if asked to by my CO. I read that they ask to take medical exams with the same doctors throughout the process. So I will take the medicals in Australia cause I plan to be there on a 3 month ETA and if the visa 300 is still in processing, then I will apply for the subclass 676 visa whilst in Australia. Which will extend my stay as a tourist in Oz I dont qualify to get a work sponsorship but I will be sponsored and supported by my fiance while I am on the ETA visa. Once the subclass 300 visa is granted, then I will start to work and get married and be on our way WOOT

Edit: I have sent the FBI and State background checks with app already So they should only ask for my medicals now


Last edited by NirvanasKurdt; 11-27-2010 at 04:45 AM.

  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
That'would all seem to be fine but you do not need to book an onward ticket to NZ in advance when flying to Oz.
If you get queried by Immi on arrival, all you have to say is that you are visiting until your PMV is ready to be granted and that you know on being advised for that you will have to take a trip abroad and plan on going to NZ.





Closed Thread

Tags
holiday visa

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Used my working holiday visa. Jorgo Visas and immigration 3 08-06-2011 02:44 AM
working holiday visa kelzr87 Visas and immigration 2 07-11-2011 08:33 PM
Getting Married on a Working Holiday Visa J&M Visas and immigration 4 06-10-2011 09:46 AM
Working Holiday Visa- $$ Margaret Visas and immigration 1 07-12-2010 12:05 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com