Visitor visa for my Philippines girlfriend

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bob1315

Visitor visa for my Philippines girlfriend


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 05:47 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Visitor visa for my Philippines girlfriend

Hello,

I am Australian pensioner who has Philippines girlfriend with big gap of ages. I visited her two times and would like to invite her to Australia using visitor visa.

Some questions below I need to be clarified before starting procedure
Please help if you can

1. Better to apply for 12 month visa and be happy to get 3 or 6 months only? Or applying for 12 months would increase chances to be refused?
2. I need to prove that relationship is genuine – I think it is the most important point. So I need to provide proof of two visits (plenty of photos) and regular communication records as Skype, Line conversation records, any letters. What else?
3. Money support. My gf working but she has no chance to show genuine 100,000PHP or close earned by her. So I should transfer or deposit this amount on her bank account. How is better to do it? One transfer/deposit or several? Joint account is ok?
4. How long is usually waiting time to get Embassy decision? I should consider this time for booking return tickets for my gf. Should I book return ticket according to applied visa (3, 6 or12 months ticket back)?
5. My gf has uncle who has own house in Cebu. Any letter from him or other family members can help?
6. What amount of money I should have on my bank account to be accepted as a sponsor?
7. What kind of important questions my gf will be asked by Embassy officer on interviews or phone call?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thank a lot for your help

Dinkum likes this.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 06:35 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 2,030
Users Flag! From australia

644 likes received
177 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1315 View Post
Hello,

I am Australian pensioner who has Philippines girlfriend with big gap of ages. I visited her two times and would like to invite her to Australia using visitor visa.

Some questions below I need to be clarified before starting procedure
Please help if you can

1. Better to apply for 12 month visa and be happy to get 3 or 6 months only? Or applying for 12 months would increase chances to be refused?
2. I need to prove that relationship is genuine – I think it is the most important point. So I need to provide proof of two visits (plenty of photos) and regular communication records as Skype, Line conversation records, any letters. What else?
3. Money support. My gf working but she has no chance to show genuine 100,000PHP or close earned by her. So I should transfer or deposit this amount on her bank account. How is better to do it? One transfer/deposit or several? Joint account is ok?
4. How long is usually waiting time to get Embassy decision? I should consider this time for booking return tickets for my gf. Should I book return ticket according to applied visa (3, 6 or12 months ticket back)?
5. My gf has uncle who has own house in Cebu. Any letter from him or other family members can help?
6. What amount of money I should have on my bank account to be accepted as a sponsor?
7. What kind of important questions my gf will be asked by Embassy officer on interviews or phone call?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thank a lot for your help
Hi Bob
I will try to answer your questions the best I can.
1. Wether it be 3 , 6 or 12 months make sure that you have her include activities that would take up the full time..ie road trip around Australia etc.
2.As it is a tourist visa there is no need to prove a relationship, by all means send a letter of invitation to her stating you will cover all her costs, travel, accommodation, food etc.
3.The idea of "show money" is common but missleading.
What they are looking for is a compelling reason to return to the applicants home country. This could be certification of a permanent job with a letter from her employer guaranteeing she would be re employed on her return along with copies of deeds to property she owned.
4. The time taken to make a decision is short, 2 to 3 weeks in the Philippines.
DO NOT book any tickets until the visa is granted.
5. Irrelevant to the making of a decision unless she had a financial interest in the property.
6. My wife and i have never been asked to prove our financial ability to provide for any one we have invited as a tourist so I could not tell you.
7. If she gets to the interview stage then the questions will centre around the reasons she is coming to Australia.and most importantly what reasons she has to return home at the end of the visit.
If she has traveled elsewhere that will be a big help.
I should warn you it is VERY difficult for a young single female to get a tourist visa, I know as my wife tried to get one recently for her goddaughter.
Good luck

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Many thanks for your response

Many thanks for your response.
Can we dramatically increase the chances to get visa if include evidences of our relationship?
What kind (subclass) of visa should we should apply in this case?
Thanks again


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 2,030
Users Flag! From australia

644 likes received
177 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1315 View Post
Many thanks for your response.
Can we dramatically increase the chances to get visa if include evidences of our relationship?
What kind (subclass) of visa should we should apply in this case?
Thanks again
Hi Bob
I am afraid not as it is a tourist visa and your relationship is immaterial to that type of visa. If your lady friend had close family in Australia they could sponsor her for a family visa.
If you are looking at a relationship type visa the only chance would be a prospective marriage visa, where if she was granted that visa she would be able to come to Australia for 9 months and either marry within that period or return.
This is not something to enter into lightly as you still need to be able to prove the genuineness of relationship.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 08:04 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Thanks for your fast response
I think it is no problem for us to prove genuine relationship and I am going to visit her in 10 days again.
So it seams I did not formulate correctly my initial question.
Actually my final intention is marriage and I am looking for the best and the quickest way to get my girlfriend her in Australia to merry her.


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 2,030
Users Flag! From australia

644 likes received
177 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1315 View Post
Thanks for your fast response
I think it is no problem for us to prove genuine relationship and I am going to visit her in 10 days again.
So it seams I did not formulate correctly my initial question.
Actually my final intention is marriage and I am looking for the best and the quickest way to get my girlfriend her in Australia to merry her.
Ok Bob
Then no doubt go for the Prospective marriage visa. Get plenty of pics with you and her and her family in ordinary situations just to help you application.
Good luck with you PMV

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Couple more questions please.
Is chance to get PMV quite high?
How long is waiting time to get Embassy response?
Thanks.


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 2,030
Users Flag! From australia

644 likes received
177 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1315 View Post
Couple more questions please.
Is chance to get PMV quite high?
How long is waiting time to get Embassy response?
Thanks.
Hi Bob
The better the evidence the better the chance! Most people here who have applied for a PMV have had it granted though it takes a lot of effort.
Timewise you could count on 7 to 9 months from when you submit your application, which you can do online

Also some people have been able to get a tourist visa for their partner once they have submitted their PMV application, though your partner must leave Australia to have the PMV granted.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Much appreciated
Best regards


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 185
Please update your flag here .

52 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1315 View Post
Much appreciated
Best regards
Hi bob.. all advice by steeve are true, it would be much easier to acquire visa being granted is she has permanent job, and a supporting letter from employer and a phone interview as well helps in granting a visa. I got my tourist visa before in 2 working days only. My Co asked me before.."gave me reason why you should come back to your country and to your employer" after a few min of convincing answer.. co said Welcome to Australia, we will email your visa this afternoon.. as for the show money. Yes sometimes missleading but better to have her personal account because those are required documents too. Since you are her sponsor you will be shouldering all her expenses that will occur. But sgain steve is right Pmv is the best option to choose in granting him a visa. goodluck


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
visitor visa - business visitor stream loner Visas and immigration 1 03-20-2014 04:03 AM
Visitor Visa for my Girlfriend ndalian Visas and immigration 18 10-16-2013 03:59 AM
VISA for my Girlfriend from Russia ndalian Visas and immigration 54 10-15-2013 09:23 AM
tourist visa for mexican girlfriend? hucklee Visas and immigration 23 06-14-2013 02:35 AM
How to add my girlfriend to my 457 visa andy51086 Visas and immigration 3 02-15-2012 09:24 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com