Partner Visa (Offshore from Bangladesh)

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Partner Visa (Offshore from Bangladesh)


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Partner Visa (Offshore from Bangladesh)

Hi All,

I am an Australian citizen by birth and have been married to my Bangladeshi husband since 2007. Due to my poor health, we've only just recently lodged our spouse visa and its being processed offshore. We've also been apart throughout much of our relationship because I can't get adequate health care in Bangladesh and they won't let him live here. Since 2007, I've gone to Bangladesh, he's come here for 3 months and we've met in Malaysia (half-way).

We lodged our spouse visa last week and I was disheartened to learn that our application processing time will take 9-12 months!! I'm thinking that the lead-times given by the embassy are a rough guideline but I'm wondering whether anyone has processed a spouse visa through Bangladesh and if so, what your experience was.

Also are there any possibilities to fast track a Visa based on health reasons? if so, how can this be done? Are there any other things I can do to make the visa processing time faster?

Lastly, we gave them over 150 photos as a part of our evidence but they would only take 45 from us. Is this normal?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Peace Out!
Sister_Truth


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quite a few posters have posted re advice of expecting family visa processing times to be longer and there is not too much that can be done other than make sure you have a sound accurate application.
There have been posts in regard to applications where a couple have not been living together full time whilst married and some problems encountered so with the health reasons for being apart, it is probably advisable to have all that well documented for just marriage alone is no guarantee of a visa being granted.
As for photos, even 45 might be considered well over the top and photos can only offer so much whereas in addition to marriage you need to offer as much documentation as you can about your situation.





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 326
Users Flag! From australia

141 likes received
73 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sister_truth View Post
Hi All,

I am an Australian citizen by birth and have been married to my Bangladeshi husband since 2007. Due to my poor health, we've only just recently lodged our spouse visa and its being processed offshore. We've also been apart throughout much of our relationship because I can't get adequate health care in Bangladesh and they won't let him live here. Since 2007, I've gone to Bangladesh, he's come here for 3 months and we've met in Malaysia (half-way).

We lodged our spouse visa last week and I was disheartened to learn that our application processing time will take 9-12 months!! I'm thinking that the lead-times given by the embassy are a rough guideline but I'm wondering whether anyone has processed a spouse visa through Bangladesh and if so, what your experience was.

Also are there any possibilities to fast track a Visa based on health reasons? if so, how can this be done? Are there any other things I can do to make the visa processing time faster?

Lastly, we gave them over 150 photos as a part of our evidence but they would only take 45 from us. Is this normal?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Peace Out!
Sister_Truth
Sister_Truth, my name is Amanda, and i am Australian also by birth. My husband is from Bangladesh and we applied for Spouse visa 30th June 2009 and it was granted on 17th January 2010. This was all done offshore and i was in Bangladesh for 10months during this process. It was frustrating as my posts would tell you, but at the end was a relief.
I must say i tried all avenues to fast track the application - i even got a job across the road from the embassy in Dhaka so i can pop in every now and then and ask how the application was going. There is a way to apply for health reasons if your husband is the only one to care for you or on other grounds, yes it is possible. I did apply, but when i went in to put the papers in, the case officer said don't worry, you got the visa (as in my husband got it, but it was like i was getting it, it was more important for me to go back home to Australia).
Let me know how things go. I will try to find that application form for you to fast track or get priority.

Amanda.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
Sister_Truth, my name is Amanda, and i am Australian also by birth. My husband is from Bangladesh and we applied for Spouse visa 30th June 2009 and it was granted on 17th January 2010. This was all done offshore and i was in Bangladesh for 10months during this process. It was frustrating as my posts would tell you, but at the end was a relief.
I must say i tried all avenues to fast track the application - i even got a job across the road from the embassy in Dhaka so i can pop in every now and then and ask how the application was going. There is a way to apply for health reasons if your husband is the only one to care for you or on other grounds, yes it is possible. I did apply, but when i went in to put the papers in, the case officer said don't worry, you got the visa (as in my husband got it, but it was like i was getting it, it was more important for me to go back home to Australia).
Let me know how things go. I will try to find that application form for you to fast track or get priority.

Amanda.
Thank you so much Amanda!


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Hello Amanda,

My wife is an Australian citizen by birth. We got married June 2010 here in BD and lodged partner visa here from here on 03 Nov 2010. And as usual no outcome yet. Happy to here you got your visa just under 7 months. We would be more than delighted if our visa is granted with in 7 months. But we are losing hope cause now when my wife took an appointment with the immigration office in Sydney they told the normal processing time is 9-12 months! (not 6-9 months as they used to say when we lodged).

My wife had to leave for Sydney for her studies. She left on Feb this year. And it has been tough ever since...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
There is a way to apply for health reasons if your husband is the only one to care for you or on other grounds, yes it is possible. I did apply,...
I would love to know what is the way to apply on health grounds to fast-track the process. I could not find anything about it in the immigration site. I guess they are secretive about it.

We would do anything to be together before our anniversary. We are even going to apply for the 679 subclass visa.

By the way I have read some other posts of yours, I really appreciate that you tried to cope living here in BD, at times we, even after being born and bred here, find it hard to cope with everyday hassles...


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

progress of spouse visa

Hello hMuyen, What is the progress of your visa?


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak20 View Post
Hello hMuyen, What is the progress of your visa?
Hi,

I am finally here in Australia. I applied 03.11.2010 a positive outcome was given on 05.08.2011. No communication in between from the high commission in between But happy now as finally it all worked out


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 326
Users Flag! From australia

141 likes received
73 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by hMuyen View Post
Hi,

I am finally here in Australia. I applied 03.11.2010 a positive outcome was given on 05.08.2011. No communication in between from the high commission in between But happy now as finally it all worked out
CONGRATULATIONS
Where in Australia are you? ) We should hang out.

I was just in Bangladesh - from 1/8/11 til 12/9/11 - holiday - WITHOUT MY HUSBAND - weird hey, he's the Bangladeshi and look at me going to his country without him. HAHA. He came on 30/8/11 to join me.
We had a high speed vehicle accident from Comilla to Dhaka. It was horrendous. We were both injured, but alive - Thank God. As you said, people in their own country can't tolerate it, and I've tolerated, this is my third trip, and I will not stop going there even after this incident.

PM me.


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hMuyen View Post
Hi,

I am finally here in Australia. I applied 03.11.2010 a positive outcome was given on 05.08.2011. No communication in between from the high commission in between But happy now as finally it all worked out
Congratulations!
The wait was about 9 months. Did you apply for Visitor visa while you were waiting ?
Did you submit your medical and police certificate with your application or did you give it in later?


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offshore Partner Visa kleenex Visas and immigration 3 04-07-2013 11:23 AM
onshore or offshore for partner visa? brightsideee Visas and immigration 1 09-29-2011 06:56 AM
Offshore vs Onshore partner visa?!? Please help? mzanin Visas and immigration 19 09-09-2011 02:55 AM
australian with bangladesh partner who lives in malaysia mishmash New member introductions 2 10-13-2010 09:37 AM
Partner Visa (Offshore UK)-Dual Citizenship kuala Visas and immigration 4 06-11-2010 03:18 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com