Partner vis(309) - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree39Likes

Partner vis(309) - Page 3


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 185
Please update your flag here .

52 likes received
Ohh sorry collegegirl.. might be my mistake:-):-) but I read in her previous post she tried to apply tourist visa and got rejected so their option was to get married.. someone asked her too why they did not op for a pmv300:-)


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:42 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
The one thing I will say is Cairo loves the tradition and if you don't have it you will be asked when you are interviewed. They hold interviews for Moroccans twice a year in Casa in May and November so not sure if you have missed the November one.

If you met online they will also ask how and if it is a dating site might even ask if you signed up for the purpose of looking for marriage. My husband and I met in person so we never got any of those questions .

You really should have applied for a pmv as Cairo can be very hard core but what is done is done. Majority of us that apply through Cairo apply for a pmv for that reason.

Also the tourist visa rejection won't and should not have anything to do with your application though they may ask about it at interview time. My husband (then fiance) had 2 tourist visa rejections and was still approved for a pmv. He applied pre and post pmv application. I would not apply again because it will most likely be rejected again. Cairo are very hard core on tourist visa applications.

Feel free to message me if you want. I know alot about Cairo embassy.

Question for you is your husband born Australian or was he born in the middle east? Have you mentioned your religion in your statement? Even though they should know don't take anything for granted. My husband and I are different religions and we included information addressing all of this.

Also if it was me I would email the co and mention that you attached the requested info online so that you are not worried. Also it seems like they are wanting your original police information not scanned copies.

CollegeGirl likes this.

Last edited by Mish; 05-23-2014 at 10:48 PM.

  #23 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Users Flag! From australia

39 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
The one thing I will say is Cairo loves the tradition and if you don't have it you will be asked when you are interviewed. They hold interviews for Moroccans twice a year in Casa in May and November so not sure if you have missed the November one.

If you met online they will also ask how and if it is a dating site might even ask if you signed up for the purpose of looking for marriage. My husband and I met in person so we never got any of those questions .

You really should have applied for a pmv as Cairo can be very hard core but what is done is done. Majority of us that apply through Cairo apply for a pmv for that reason.

Also the tourist visa rejection won't and should not have anything to do with your application though they may ask about it at interview time. My husband (then fiance) had 2 tourist visa rejections and was still approved for a pmv. He applied pre and post pmv application. I would not apply again because it will most likely be rejected again. Cairo are very hard core on tourist visa applications.

Feel free to message me if you want. I know alot about Cairo embassy.

Question for you is your husband born Australian or was he born in the middle east? Have you mentioned your religion in your statement? Even though they should know don't take anything for granted. My husband and I are different religions and we included information addressing all of this.

Also if it was me I would email the co and mention that you attached the requested info online so that you are not worried. Also it seems like they are wanting your original police information not scanned copies.
Hey Mish,
Thanks for ur comment, my husband was not born in australia and he is not from middle east, we met in a matrimonial web site, and we got married a year after, we Also have the Proof of communication since january 2013!
Thousands of pages lol
The co wanted the original scanned police clearance , i already send it to him and im willing to call him to make sur that he got my e-Mails.

Regarding my tourist visa i applied before we got married as we wanted to meet each other before the Big day, but my application got rejected because ive never been abroad, or under any other immigration law of other country !!
So would you please give me more details about the proofs that i must upload, Also do u think that it Will be good if i Apply for a tourist visa now?

Thanks in advance

Dinkum likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith555 View Post

Hey Mish,
Thanks for ur comment, my husband was not born in australia and he is not from middle east, we met in a matrimonial web site, and we got married a year after, we Also have the Proof of communication since january 2013!
Thousands of pages lol
The co wanted the original scanned police clearance , i already send it to him and im willing to call him to make sur that he got my e-Mails.

Regarding my tourist visa i applied before we got married as we wanted to meet each other before the Big day, but my application got rejected because ive never been abroad, or under any other immigration law of other country !!
So would you please give me more details about the proofs that i must upload, Also do u think that it Will be good if i Apply for a tourist visa now?

Thanks in advance
When did you meet for the first time? Only communication from that point is considered in the application. You may provide it all but you have to know they may not take it into account.

Where is your husband from originally?

You are going to get questions from them regarding meeting on a matrimonial website so you will have to be prepared to answer them. Could be something like ... Why not find someone in Morocco, why did you join it etc. I know someone who was specifically asked if they joined a dating website for marriage and was asked twice.

Next thing ... In Australia we get 4 weeks leave a year what has your husband done with the rest of them? They are really not going to be happy with such short times together. I visited my husband every 3 months for 2-3 weeks and 1 was 5.5 months because couldn't afford a 3 month and then a 2 month and he was still asked why I didn't come more often!

I wouldn't bother trying for a tourist visa again they reject most of them. Only way you can get one would be a family sponsored one that is lodged in oz and your husband pays a bond which he gets back when you leave the county. I have only ever seen 1 person on this forum who applied for a tourist visa from Cairo and that is because they have been previously. Once you have been previously it is easier to get another one. If you applied again you would probably get "limited travel experience" this time.

You need to supply any evidence of funds your husband transferred to you. He can open a joint account for you in Australia but it can't be operated until you get there and do POI and also may not be considered due to after lodgement date.

Also how many statements/stat decs do you have? We supplied about 13 for a pmv application. You need more than 5 or so. You need some from your friends he has met as they want to see that you are seen as a socially acceptable couple. Do you have photos of both of you with your friends?

It is really hard to gain the evidence for 309 when living apart.

What are the initials of your co?

Another question for you did you travel with a mahram to Bali?

CollegeGirl and Dinkum like this.

  #25 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2014, 07:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Users Flag! From australia

39 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
When did you meet for the first time? Only communication from that point is considered in the application. You may provide it all but you have to know they may not take it into account.

Where is your husband from originally?

You are going to get questions from them regarding meeting on a matrimonial website so you will have to be prepared to answer them. Could be something like ... Why not find someone in Morocco, why did you join it etc. I know someone who was specifically asked if they joined a dating website for marriage and was asked twice.

Next thing ... In Australia we get 4 weeks leave a year what has your husband done with the rest of them? They are really not going to be happy with such short times together. I visited my husband every 3 months for 2-3 weeks and 1 was 5.5 months because couldn't afford a 3 month and then a 2 month and he was still asked why I didn't come more often!

I wouldn't bother trying for a tourist visa again they reject most of them. Only way you can get one would be a family sponsored one that is lodged in oz and your husband pays a bond which he gets back when you leave the county. I have only ever seen 1 person on this forum who applied for a tourist visa from Cairo and that is because they have been previously. Once you have been previously it is easier to get another one. If you applied again you would probably get "limited travel experience" this time.

You need to supply any evidence of funds your husband transferred to you. He can open a joint account for you in Australia but it can't be operated until you get there and do POI and also may not be considered due to after lodgement date.

Also how many statements/stat decs do you have? We supplied about 13 for a pmv application. You need more than 5 or so. You need some from your friends he has met as they want to see that you are seen as a socially acceptable couple. Do you have photos of both of you with your friends?

It is really hard to gain the evidence for 309 when living apart.

What are the initials of your co?

Another question for you did you travel with a mahram to Bali?
Hey Mish,
We first met in march 2014. And i didt go with a mahram!
My husband is an it engeneer, and he's working under contract so he can not take leave during the sight,or even after because gd have to start straight away or he Will loose the opportunity .

For the communication we have fb, daily SMS daily phone calls since january 2013, plus emails and letters.

And the statements , we have 6, 2 from australian citizen and 4 from my parents and sisters

Also we have the receipt of money transfer, supperannuation. Doc, Shared bills with both of our names,.

And picture of the ceremony in Bali and pictures with my family in morocco?!

He can not leave his job and Côme to stay here Like that ,!!! But i can if they Grant me the visa!!

I really do not know what to do, its really hard that u have to justify ur love to others so u can be together

Dinkum likes this.

  #26 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
This is why they have the pmv for people who aren't able to live together. Unfortunately you can't do anything about it and just have to hope for the best.

You met and married in March 2014? If that is the case they may not take into account any evidence prior to the first meeting. Also you need to do whatever you can to convince them that it is a genuine long term relationship as I have seen people who have just met in person and get married rejected from Cairo. Saying that, that was a couple of years ago so maybe they have gotten more relaxed. But you have to be prepared.

Also don't be surprised if they ask you why you didn't travel with a mahram.

Do you have any statements from your friends? They want to see if you are seen by friends socially. Do you have any pictures with friends? Cairo are really interested in the social aspect.

What kind of shared bills do you have? Do you have wills?

CollegeGirl likes this.

Last edited by Mish; 05-25-2014 at 08:23 AM.

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Users Flag! From australia

39 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
This is why they have the pmv for people who aren't able to live together. Unfortunately you can't do anything about it and just have to hope for the best.

You met and married in March 2014? If that is the case they may not take into account any evidence prior to the first meeting. Also you need to do whatever you can to convince them that it is a genuine long term relationship as I have seen people who have just met in person and get married rejected from Cairo. Saying that, that was a couple of years ago so maybe they have gotten more relaxed. But you have to be prepared.

Also don't be surprised if they ask you why you didn't travel with a mahram.

Do you have any statements from your friends? They want to see if you are seen by friends socially. Do you have any pictures with friends? Cairo are really interested in the social aspect.

What kind of shared bills do you have? Do you have wills?
Tes the two australian citizen are friend´s of my husband , Also we have a supperannuation that shows that i am the only benefecary

The bills that we have are hôteĺs bills, Sahara trip, wedding bills !

And Also why would they not take the communication before the mariage as Proof !! How can we know each other and décide to get married if we didnt Talk before!!!


  #28 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2014, 09:40 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Because you can't really know someone until you meet them in person, Faith. Many, many people "date" seriously over the internet, but once they meet, find out the other person wasn't who they thought they were, or learn things about the other person that are disagreeable that they never could have known until they met. I've been in many long-distance relationships myself, but I never, ever agreed to get serious with someone until we'd met in person. There's just way too much risk otherwise. One of the guys I talked to online that I thought I could be really serious about, we finally went on three dates in person and on the last one he let slip something about "my wife..." I'd had no idea he was married and I told him never to talk to me again. I guess DIBP feels the same way I do about "dating" before meeting in person.

Even with a lot of arranged marriages, the two parties (usually) meet each other before getting married, at least (that's my understanding, anyway). It's pretty uncommon to spend almost no time at all with someone in person before you say "I do." It's because it's so uncommon that DIBP thinks this kind of situation is very questionable.

I'm very, very glad that it worked out for you, that your husband was who he said he was, and that you're happy - but probably the vast majority of the time, it wouldn't work out that way. I can see why DIBP doesn't count it, but I'm sorry it's going to make it difficult for you.

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #29 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith555 View Post

Tes the two australian citizen are friend´s of my husband , Also we have a supperannuation that shows that i am the only benefecary

The bills that we have are hôteĺs bills, Sahara trip, wedding bills !

And Also why would they not take the communication before the mariage as Proof !! How can we know each other and décide to get married if we didnt Talk before!!!
But what about your friends? My husband's co specifically asked me if we go out with his friends who they were and if we had photos.

Hotel bills, holiday bills aren't enough for joint expenses. My husband and I had all of that when we were apply for the pmv.

CG answered the last point for you.


  #30 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Even with a lot of arranged marriages, the two parties (usually) meet each other before getting married, at least (that's my understanding, anyway). It's pretty uncommon to spend almost no time at all with someone in person before you say "I do." It's because it's so uncommon that DIBP thinks this kind of situation is very questionable.
They usually meet beforehand. The guy usually goes to the girls parents house and says "I want to marry your daughter". Then the girl gets to say yes or no she doesn't get forced in to (well in Egypt anyway). They also spend time together beforehand to make sure they like each other. Usually it is around 6 months from engagement to wedding.

CollegeGirl likes this.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help with type of vis and job restrictions in first year donnabrabham Visas and immigration 6 11-25-2013 08:35 PM
309 Partner help JandJ Visas and immigration 12 11-11-2013 03:44 AM
Sponsored family vistor vis mrl Visas and immigration 4 07-19-2013 03:42 AM
partner viza 309 aggie Visas and immigration 4 03-04-2013 11:54 AM
Partner Visa 309 myleen_you Visas and immigration 0 05-14-2012 04:34 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:21 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com