Australian married to English guy wanting to live in Australia

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Australian married to English guy wanting to live in Australia

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Smile Australian married to English guy wanting to live in Australia

Hi I was hoping someone might be able to help me!!!???

I am an Australian passport holder married to a British man. My husband's Father is a New Zealand citizen and my husband lived in New Zealand for 10 years as a child/young adult on his Fathers citizenship but he only has a British passport. We have been living in london for the past 7years (I hold a bristish passport in addition to my Australian one)

We would like to live in Australia but are unsure of the best (and cheapest) way to go about this...spousal??? husband applies for new zealand passport?.....Aussie passport...????

I would really appreciate any advice that anyone may have on this.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
He just needs to apply for a partner visa, details @ Family - Visas & Immigration and that means you have to apply to be the sponsor and depending on circumstances there could be a requirement for you have an Assurer of Support.
Have a read of Booklet #1 you'll find in the partner section, check the eligibility section and use the Checklist in the applying section and you'll find it pretty straightforward.
Once your husband has been living in Australia for three years, he can apply for citizenship and then will be able to get an Australian passport.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what Visa if Married to a australian? sonity Visas and immigration 1 09-11-2011 04:56 AM
Aussie boy married to english lass question about coming to OZ meowmonique Visas and immigration 1 06-11-2011 07:56 AM
Australian woman wanting to Marry a Moroccan man. Nadina12 Visas and immigration 2 03-22-2011 12:53 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.