skilled 175 to skilled state nominated 176 conversion--plz need some advise - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

skilled 175 to skilled state nominated 176 conversion--plz need some advise - Page 2

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

PLZ i need help!
I have lodged an application for the sponsored Skilled Migrant visa subclass 176, it was given to an officer and it's still processing.

However, recent changes in the GSM took place on 1 July 2011 also the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) has been updated and the "Retail Pharmacist" (ANZSCO CODE 251513) is back on schedule 1, which make me eligible for the Skilled Independent Migrant Visa subclass 175.

Is there any possibility of conversion from the Skilled Sponsored Visa subclass 176 to the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 175?
If i want to convert to Subclass 175 what do u advise me to do? If the conversion is not possible can I apply for Independent skilled migrant visa subclass 175 without canceling the sponsored skilled migrant visa 176 application? I mean can I apply for the 175 while the 176 is still processing???

If i couldnt apply to the 175 & i took the 176, am I going to b asked for a bank statement for the 20,000AUD from an australian bank when i go there & before getting my papers ready for the residence??
plus i wont b able to renew my residence after 5 years if i didnt work for 2 years in the state that sponsored me..right?
that's why i prefer the 175 as it doesnt have all this hassle..what do u advise me to do??

Thank u

  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: U.A.E
Posts: 39
Users Flag! From india

3 likes received
It's not possible to convert a visa from 175 to 176 or vice versa. you have to lodge a new application with processing fee. It's better for you to wait till your visa is granted. You don't have to show any financial evidences also you can migrate to other state after two years. if you apply for 175 you have to wait for a long period hence it is good to wait for the visa you applied.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone applied for Skilled/State Sponsorship from New South Wales adeelijaz49 Visas and immigration 1 03-25-2011 08:21 PM
how do you get nominated by a state or territory? Indojo Visas and immigration 1 01-28-2011 11:53 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.