Please help me

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Please help me

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Unhappy Please help me

I am an American citizen living in Queensland Australia on a defacto visa. I
have been here for 4 years and the relationship has ended. We just do not get
along anymore. The problem is I have no money, and if I want to leave his
home then I am on the streets. He wants me to leave and I have no family here
and no family at home can help me leave. Immigration and the embassy are too far away for me to get to as I have not a cent to my name. Is there anyone
that I can contact that will help me get back home? Please help me with any
advice on what it is I should do.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Even if you are still on a TR visa, it does not automatically mean that you have to leave Auustralia if you do not want to is the first thing to understand for Immi will look at your situation individually.
As to getting help, the Immi office in Brisbane is affected by flooding but you should still attempt ringing them on 131881 and they'll advise of where and when you may be able to visit an office.
For help from other than Immi for that will be just in regard to the visa situation, you ought to see if the town/city/region you are in has a Red Cross contact or a Country Womens Association as they are kind hearted souls and someone may be able to help with some temporary accommodation if that is needed.
Failing anything like that, the Local Government Offices will usually have a list of what services are available or even the local police could advise/help.

On another note, you should contact your US embassy and see what help they offer to US nationals and between them and the various Aussie organisations you hopefully will get assistance.
With all the flooding everywhere, services are going to be stretched a bit all over the place and so it is not going to be the best time to do something but nothing will happen if you do not start asking around.
If it is a case of getting down to Brisbane and not necessarily the best place to head for a while, you would hopefully know someone to ask about who may be doing trips, even getting a ride with a transport driver if need be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.