Partner Visa - Best way to present application? - Page 49

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree202Likes

Partner Visa - Best way to present application? - Page 49


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #481 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:29 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
No, no need to upload it multiple places. They'll take it into account across the board. If you're extra-paranoid (and who could blame you, when it comes to visa issues) you could always upload a note for each category that says something like "Evidence uploaded in other categories that also applies to category "Evidence of Shared Address": bank statements (uploaded in Financial Evidence), cards from friends (uploaded in Social Context of the Relationship)..." etc. etc. You get the idea.

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #482 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:46 AM
H.Protagonist's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: USA - Australia - All Points In-between
Posts: 84
Users Flag! From usa

60 likes received
32 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
No, no need to upload it multiple places. They'll take it into account across the board. If you're extra-paranoid (and who could blame you, when it comes to visa issues) you could always upload a note for each category that says something like "Evidence uploaded in other categories that also applies to category "Evidence of Shared Address": bank statements (uploaded in Financial Evidence), cards from friends (uploaded in Social Context of the Relationship)..." etc. etc. You get the idea.
Thanks, CG. I knew it sounded ridiculous, but as you say, when it comes to VISAs, take no chances.

For each of the long form responses on the application "Give details of the nature of the household," etc., I actually included footnotes at the bottom referring them to particular pieces of evidence.

Ex.

Please also see the following supporting documentation:

ApartmentBond.pdf
ApartmentUtilityBill.pdf
Relationship_FB_Timeline.pdf (Sections: Nov _C, Dec _A)
JointGeneralBankAccount.pdf
JointSaverBankAccount.pdf


So, hoping it's clear. Tried to make it as streamlined as I could to help the person looking over it, anyway. Hopefully it'll be enough. I'm just worried I'm missing something vital or not showing enough evidence for stuff they weigh more heavily. I have 26(?) documents, some of which are multiple pages long, but still... -_-

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #483 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:52 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Streamlined is good. That sounds like a great way to do it.

H.Protagonist likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #484 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2014, 08:05 AM
H.Protagonist's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: USA - Australia - All Points In-between
Posts: 84
Users Flag! From usa

60 likes received
32 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Streamlined is good. That sounds like a great way to do it.
Hope so! Seeing some people on the forum with 200+ pages of evidence makes me wonder if I'm going about this wrong, though.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #485 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2014, 10:04 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Some people like to throw absolutely everything in "just in case," especially when they are from a high-risk country, there is a history of a criminal conviction, or when they are not 100% sure they meet the twelve-month living together requirement for the de facto visa. Different people handle things different ways. I'm of the opinion that if you're from a low-risk country, with a straightforward application, a *moderate* amount of evidence is good. You don't want to look like your file is slim, and you want to make sure you're providing adequate, solid evidence in all categories. But you don't necessarily want to overwhelm the CO, either, as they have to read alllll the evidence you provide. Additionally, people with large numbers of documents may, for example, be submitting bank statements individually rather than all together in one PDF file, or they may not know how to compress PDFs so they can fit them all in one file, so require uploading multiple files to get all their bank statements in. That kind of thing. I really wouldn't be too worried. Make sure you feel confident you're providing adequate evidence in all the categories such that a reasonable person could look at it and say "This is a genuine married/defacto couple who present themselves that way to friends, family, and the community at large. They live together like a married couple, they share their household expenses, and their relationship is genuine and continuing." If you think a reasonable person would say that and you've provided everything Immi has asked for, I think you're fine.

Dinkum and H.Protagonist like this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Last edited by CollegeGirl; 04-22-2014 at 10:07 AM.

  #486 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 173
Users Flag! From australia

123 likes received
78 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Protagonist View Post
Regarding the online application and uploading the documents, I'm uploading everything into the best approximate categories, but naturally they can be used as evidence for multiple categories. As long as they're there, they'll be considered across the board, right? And therefore, there's no need to upload the same document multiple times to cover all the categories it can be used as evidence of?

It seems silly if you did have to upload the same thing multiple times, but just to be absolutely sure...
We had exactly the same dilemma

What we did, was to upload the document under its primary category i.e. bank statements went under financial aspects, my mother's statement went under nature of household as she is our landlord etc. We also uploaded a document for each of the four categories called something like "Additional evidence" and then listed each piece of already uploaded evidence that also went under that category. i.e. for the extra document for Social, we nominated my mother's statement; for nature of household, we nominated our bank statements due to the address, etc. We didn't have any problems with this method.

Edit: soooo, exactly what CG suggested

Hope that makes sense!

__________________
Visa: Subclass 820/801, Onshore Partner Visa
Partner Nationality: Denmark
Applied: Online in Australia
Application Date: 2 March 2014
Police Checks: Submitted with Application
Medicals: Completed before application 14 February 2014 .
VISA GRANTED: 31 March 2014 (straight to 801)

Last edited by danegirl; 04-22-2014 at 12:35 PM.

  #487 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2014, 08:20 AM
H.Protagonist's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: USA - Australia - All Points In-between
Posts: 84
Users Flag! From usa

60 likes received
32 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Some people like to throw absolutely everything in "just in case," especially when they are from a high-risk country, there is a history of a criminal conviction, or when they are not 100% sure they meet the twelve-month living together requirement for the de facto visa. Different people handle things different ways. I'm of the opinion that if you're from a low-risk country, with a straightforward application, a *moderate* amount of evidence is good. You don't want to look like your file is slim, and you want to make sure you're providing adequate, solid evidence in all categories. But you don't necessarily want to overwhelm the CO, either, as they have to read alllll the evidence you provide. Additionally, people with large numbers of documents may, for example, be submitting bank statements individually rather than all together in one PDF file, or they may not know how to compress PDFs so they can fit them all in one file, so require uploading multiple files to get all their bank statements in. That kind of thing. I really wouldn't be too worried. Make sure you feel confident you're providing adequate evidence in all the categories such that a reasonable person could look at it and say "This is a genuine married/defacto couple who present themselves that way to friends, family, and the community at large. They live together like a married couple, they share their household expenses, and their relationship is genuine and continuing." If you think a reasonable person would say that and you've provided everything Immi has asked for, I think you're fine.
Thanks, CG. I feel a bit better now. My concern about adequate 'proof' stems from the rather, ah, international nature of our relationship. He was living and working in Japan, me the US, long periods apart punctuated by visits to US, Japan and Australia, etc. We were finally able to live together for 3 months and we got an apartment in Melbourne (married this jan), but I had to come back to the states as my tourist VISA was up and I had both work and the wedding party in the states to organized. We're in constant contact, but I worry because it's so here-there if you look at our actual time spent physically in the same place. :P I think I have a good presentation (I've known the bloody guy for 7 years after all), but I wouldn't mind a seasoned opinion on the docs/evidence I have.


Quote:
Originally Posted by danegirl View Post
We had exactly the same dilemma

What we did, was to upload the document under its primary category i.e. bank statements went under financial aspects, my mother's statement went under nature of household as she is our landlord etc. We also uploaded a document for each of the four categories called something like "Additional evidence" and then listed each piece of already uploaded evidence that also went under that category. i.e. for the extra document for Social, we nominated my mother's statement; for nature of household, we nominated our bank statements due to the address, etc. We didn't have any problems with this method.

Edit: soooo, exactly what CG suggested

Hope that makes sense!
Wow. You were really organized. I've been uploading things and being descriptive (though succinct) about what they represent, but I don't have say, guides for each of the 4 categories with files divvied up like that. I did make sure to list the ones I thought most important at the end of my long answers at least!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #488 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From india

I and my husband want to come to australia. I have eight years of teaching experience. I have M.A., N.T.T. I am thirty eight years old. My points are 65 as 25 for age, 20 for experience, 20 for M.A. How can i apply please guide me.I have two daughter 12 years 8 years. Can they come with us.


  #489 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From bangladesh

apostille on fbi background check

apostille on fbi background check give you a certificates issued giving by a us department.When you feel to attested the certificate for visa purposes then the following link will be help you.


  #490 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From hong_kong

20 likes received
15 likes given
Hi, H. Protagonist

I would add my two cents, see if it will be of use to you.

I have applied for 309/100 last September offshore and visa was granted from the Australian Consulate in Hong Kong last month (April 2014), it took 6 months. Like you, my Australian partner and I have lived together and have had separation periods (due to work situations), what I have included in the application, besides the normal material, are the IDD bills and air tickets during the time of separation. We also use whatapp and Wechat a lot but that is a bit difficult to document. Include the air tickets, if you have, to show your visits to each other, that can be a strong evidence too.

I lodged in paper form, so I don’t know whether you can organize folders in the online application or not. Learning from this wonderful thread, I had indexed my material and paper-clipped them accordingly, printed a table of content and used it as the top page, so to make it easier for the CO to read my application and evidence. I think I have put in about 80 odd pages besides the two forms. I do not recommend too much evidence, you don’t want to overwhelm the officer, but to select and organize your material in a logical and convincing way is more important.

Dinkum likes this.


Last edited by Rains; 05-10-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa Application NEED HELP! peterpan Visas and immigration 26 04-04-2014 09:42 AM
820 Onshore Partner visa application bessboo Visas and immigration 7 10-30-2011 05:10 AM
Is it necessary for the sponsor to be present .. doctor1 Visas and immigration 3 03-21-2011 03:13 PM
Application for Partner Visa Darrenc Visas and immigration 3 05-10-2010 10:49 PM
How to present your application and documentation? caledonia Visas and immigration 3 03-04-2010 06:44 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:11 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com