175 visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

175 visa

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

175 visa

I already got ACS positive assessment as developer/ programmer and now I am planning to apply175 visa. When i apply ACS, I only submit one degree like that.
1st June 2001 - 16th December 2005
Bachelor of Science with Upper Second Class Honours Degree in Computing and Information Systems by London Metropolitan University, UK (learned in KMD education center in Myanmar)
But now when I will apply 175 visa, I need to include not only my IT degree but also my myanmar degree because of designated language point mark.
1st January 2002 24th December 2004
Bachelor of Arts (English) from University of Foreign Language, Yangon , Myanmar
I would like to know is it ok there is little difference between ACS resume and visa resume and can i get designated language point mark. I look forward to hear advice. Thanks!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
You obviously need to use your Bachelor of Science degree, the one used for ACS assessment as the basis for your visa application.
In seeking to use your Arts degree for the community language points if that is what you seek to do, that course will have had to be wholly conducted in Burmese and the course itself recognised as an equivalent to an Australian degree.
Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

Without having put it up for assessment, I'm not too sure who whould assess its equivalence and it is a question you could put to Immi via their pre lodgement enquiry under the contacts tab on Immi site pages.
If you are considering it to get additional points to make up the 120 for a 175, have you also considered applying to a state for nomination and then applying for a 176 as that will also have your application receiving higher priority.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.