Bangladesh Embassy Processing Times - Page 7

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree58Likes

Bangladesh Embassy Processing Times - Page 7


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 05-27-2015, 07:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From bangladesh

2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by abir hossain123 View Post
Hey russm mine one is also pretty similar to your case No more progress after Submission of additional documents as well . So are you planning to email them? If you do don't forget to share with us.
Hi Abir, I am still waiting to hear about my partner visa application. It is almost fourteen months of application. What about your application? Regards


  #62 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2015, 12:47 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 33
Users Flag! From bangladesh

2 likes received
4 likes given
It seems now the time taken is more than 1 year.

Hi russm, Did your said anything about security check or something like that? Which phone no. did you call?

__________________
From: Bangladesh, Applied: 29 Dec 2014, Applied From: Bangladesh, Visa Sub:309 , Application: , Agent: No, Medicals: 05 Jan 2015, Police Checks: 10 Jan 2015, CO Assigned: 16 Mar 2015, Visa Granted: 26th July 2015 , To: Australia: 7th Aug 2015

  #63 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 03:26 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasif View Post
It seems now the time taken is more than 1 year.

Hi russm, Did your said anything about security check or something like that? Which phone no. did you call?
This is outrageous. I understand "high risk country", "security check" and stuff but more than a year with "no time limit" simply cannot be acceptable.
I think according to the SLA they're required to provide a time frame and process within it. In case of extending that time frame they should provide reasons/explanations.
It's just not logical to waste people's time by that extent especially when married couple living separate for that long.

I wonder if filing a collective complaint would make any difference.

Thanks


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 05:56 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 2,004
Users Flag! From australia

638 likes received
159 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck477 View Post

This is outrageous. I understand "high risk country", "security check" and stuff but more than a year with "no time limit" simply cannot be acceptable.
I think according to the SLA they're required to provide a time frame and process within it. In case of extending that time frame they should provide reasons/explanations.
It's just not logical to waste people's time by that extent especially when married couple living separate for that long.

I wonder if filing a collective complaint would make any difference.

Thanks
I suggest you reread the website.
There are NO guarantees regarding the time it will take,it šlearly states that they are indicative and they only aim to procress them by the times shown.
By all means complÓin, it may make you feel better but i can guarantee it will join all the thousands of other complÓints in the bin.

firemansam likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #65 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesteve View Post
I suggest you reread the website.
There are NO guarantees regarding the time it will take,it šlearly states that they are indicative and they only aim to procress them by the times shown.
By all means complÓin, it may make you feel better but i can guarantee it will join all the thousands of other complÓints in the bin.

AussieSteve thank you for your valuable reply (not really)

"reread the website" is very vague term. Unless you can pin point where
exactly in the website it is "indicative" you should not claim it to be indicative.
FYI, I have read the website and received emails of CO stating that the
average processing time is 9-12 months. The reason for consistantly providing this time frame is the SLA that exists. If you are unsure what an SLA is I suggest you google it and literate yourself.

Clearly, you have not suffered being seperated from partner/wife.
Therefore, you have no clue of the reason for such frustration.

My point is, paying a "not so cheap" application fee I would expect value for it. I know DIAC Australia focuses on "value for money". Therefore, the practice of "question or complaint and feedback" exists in DIAC's posts in Australia. And so it should in Bangladesh post as it is an offshore branch of DIAC in Bangladesh.

Hence, I suggested to lodge "collective" complaints.

I know my complaint alone will make a very little difference. But if there are enough complaints about the reluctance of explanation from CO or other personels in Bangladesh post it will force to be actioned accordingly.

Above all there's nothing wrong with enquirying "what is going on with my application ? I have paid the full fees in advance"


  #66 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,203
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1171 likes given
Unfortunately they are only required to process 75% of applications within 12 months.

Usually if you ask what is happening you get a stock standard answer saying it is processing.

One forum member has been waiting almost 20 months and still no decision. She has lodged quite a few complaints with immigration minister and IGIS and gets the "everything is processing normally and contact us in xxxx if you haven't heard anything". It has gotten to the stage that the case officer has said he will call them the minute it is ready.

KitKaat likes this.

  #67 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 01:02 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 2,004
Users Flag! From australia

638 likes received
159 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck477 View Post

AussieSteve thank you for your valuable reply (not really)

"reread the website" is very vague term. Unless you can pin point where
exactly in the website it is "indicative" you should not claim it to be indicative.
FYI, I have read the website and received emails of CO stating that the
average processing time is 9-12 months. The reason for consistantly providing this time frame is the SLA that exists. If you are unsure what an SLA is I suggest you google it and literate yourself.

Clearly, you have not suffered being seperated from partner/wife.
Therefore, you have no clue of the reason for such frustration.

My point is, paying a "not so cheap" application fee I would expect value for it. I know DIAC Australia focuses on "value for money". Therefore, the practice of "question or complaint and feedback" exists in DIAC's posts in Australia. And so it should in Bangladesh post as it is an offshore branch of DIAC in Bangladesh.

Hence, I suggested to lodge "collective" complaints.

I know my complaint alone will make a very little difference. But if there are enough complaints about the reluctance of explanation from CO or other personels in Bangladesh post it will force to be actioned accordingly.

Above all there's nothing wrong with enquirying "what is going on with my application ? I have paid the full fees in advance"
We are all here to help! I find your decision to launch a personal attack against me offensive.
I am fully aware of Service Level Agreements
If you read the link i have attached it will clearly inform you that no obligation exists for them to meet any time frame!

http://www.immi.gov.au/About/Pages/s...standards.aspx

What makes you say I know nothing about being seperated from my wife?
It took 18 months for my wife's visa to be granted.
Why am i skeptical about complaing? Because I and many others in this group have written and called thousands of times for no result.

KitKaat and Silky like this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #68 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 11:32 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,213
Users Flag! From canada

1526 likes received
148 likes given
DIBP's service standard says they aim to finalise 75% of applications within the posted time. Even so, they make no commitments to any processing time and they take no responsibility if an individual application takes well beyond the published time frames.

If your application exceeds the advised time, you can start asking them about the status but you're likely to get responses such as "still being processed" and "external checks being completed". It's unfortunate that DIBP doesn't provide more transparency into the process and you're certainly not alone in your frustration about the process and lengthy time involved.

__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

  #69 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2015, 12:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 168
Users Flag! From australia

36 likes received
10 likes given
I think everyone should remember we live in an age of high terrorism alert, so people must be found to be who they claim to be. For all the complaining, it could be because something in your police record needs follow up, yet the department that can answer, has a policy that crime prevention comes first, and citizens wanting to leave the country for a better life, is not urgent, and therefore the Embassy can wait.!!!!!
Who on here doesn't claim to have a straight forward case????


  #70 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2015, 01:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 33
Users Flag! From bangladesh

2 likes received
4 likes given
Hi Everyone,

Is there is update for the Bangladeshi Applicants who are still in progress?

Did anyone get any grant recently?

Thanks
Nasif

__________________
From: Bangladesh, Applied: 29 Dec 2014, Applied From: Bangladesh, Visa Sub:309 , Application: , Agent: No, Medicals: 05 Jan 2015, Police Checks: 10 Jan 2015, CO Assigned: 16 Mar 2015, Visa Granted: 26th July 2015 , To: Australia: 7th Aug 2015

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Berlin Embassy Processing Time melandabdul Visas and immigration 2664 05-05-2020 05:40 AM
Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy xomox Visas and immigration 1541 09-30-2019 03:42 PM
Belgrade Embassy Processing Times Prometheus77 Visas and immigration 7 09-21-2014 08:09 PM
Processing times ľ GSM applications affected by processing priorities nr.shahwan Visas and immigration 5 05-23-2014 04:35 AM
Philippine Embassy Visa Processing Times UPDATE Princess Visas and immigration 5 08-25-2012 08:49 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:01 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com