Take me to Australia

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Take me to Australia

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Take me to Australia

my boyfriend and I are living in Croatia and thinking about moving to Australia, but we need some more info about procedure with getting visa..

How much money do we need for visa, fees, and other costs?
What's the procedure if we're not married, don't have kids and relatives to guarantee for us?
Is it possible to get visa if we are unemployed?
We both have college degrees, and both speak English very well.

We would appreciate any kind of help.
Thanks in advance!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
You'll need to be really having a look at the possibility of a Skilled Visa and there's either Employer Sponsored or the Independent route, details via the second heading on Workers - Visas & Immigration

Basically, if you are a couple as in residing together as partners and will have evidence to support that, only one of a couple needs to meet eligibility requirements as a primary applicant and the other can be a secondary applicant.
You'll see that to be eligible, you'll need to have a particular occupational assessment that can be an assessment of just qualifications but then for immigration, you'll need at least 12 months experience in the past two years, so first thing for you will be to consider what occupations your qualifications are for and then see about getting employment.

Employer sponsors are really going to be looking for people with experience too, so that is not really a feasible option for you without experience.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Thank you for advice, we found some useful information on Skilled Visa - Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175), which is probably visa we need, based on our qualifications.

Now we have to find out how to get required points.

anyway, if we need help about something else, we'll ask here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.