457 to pr quick hassle free way ?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

457 to pr quick hassle free way ?

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Lightbulb 457 to pr quick hassle free way ?

hey, i hope someone can be of assistance,
im a 25 year old irish electrician, living in melbourne,
i have my A class victorian electrical license got, and am sponsered as
an electrician by a company, currently on a 457 visa. i have not the 3 years post qualfiying time done to get PR straight away, so what are my options. ideally i want to leave wiring and make some real money on pipelines, but can this be done ? i am not liking the idea of being tied to an employer , i would like more options, if i were to go on pipelines i would have a differnent occupation? i hope someone can help , it seems like an neverending trial of questions and uncertainty

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
You seem to have an understanding of what's required re getting PR via sponsorship and you are sponsored for a particular position and by a sponsor.
You break with your sponsor even as a sparky and you had better find a new one real quick and a different occupation is a whole new ball game and there's no quick route to PR even if you have qualifications for a different occupation.
Head down and bum up chum!

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

thanks . nothing is easy is it? ah well head down , reckon ill have to wait the 2 years with this gang, and try for pr then. im like a swan stuck in a cage i should be freeeeeeee

Sponsored Links
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Hi, we are now living in Perth and my husband is now working on visa 457. Can my husband apply for a PR after one year? Which type of visa he should apply in order to get a PR?
Thank you.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free WIFI in Melbourne CBD hereisburo Travel questions 0 03-21-2011 08:02 PM
Help me travel for free 2380 International Travel 0 08-05-2009 02:00 PM
Free flights to Australia mike Travel questions 0 03-12-2009 06:37 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.