Proof check my application?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By ajmaddison88
  • 1 Post By Jeremy Hooper
  • 1 Post By Bay56
  • 2 Post By CollegeGirl
  • 2 Post By Adam Grey
  • 1 Post By Jeremy Hooper
  • 2 Post By ajmaddison88

Proof check my application?


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Townsville
Posts: 28
Users Flag! From uk

24 likes received
2 likes given
Proof check my application?

Hi,

Im just wondering if someone can just proof check evidence to see if I missed anything, or if it is enough.

The reason why I'm asking is I'm submitting it in a few days and I'm stressed that I've missed something. I take its normal.

Me and my partner met on 13th August and moved in together on 25th October 2013. I was not on the lease. We moved to the UK on 4th December as my WHV expired. We lived with my parents to save money so no lease.
We returned on 24th April 2014 with me on a visitor visa. As we have only lived together for coming up 9 months we registered on 30/05/2014.
We live with my partners parents to save money.
Below is my checklist:

- My UK Birth Cert & current and exp passport
- My Partners AUS Passport
- Registered Relationship Certificate
- UK Police Check
- Medical has been done
- Im holding off my AUS police check as I know it only lasts 12 months

- Bank Statement from my bank showing payments of rent to my partner, groceries and transactions in the suburb of her property
(all highlighted and explained)
- Bank Statement from my partners bank showing rent received from me, groceries and transactions in the suburb of her property
- Both Bank Statements show transactions of a trip we took
(highlighted)
(again all highlighted and explained)
- Receipts of bank transfers between us
- Payment of my partners UK VISA on my bank statement

UK Evidence
- Letter with signature of joint UK bank account opened
- 3 Statements between Dec - April 2014 for Joint Bank
- Letters and Payslips with address we lived at in the UK
- Travel Insurance set up in both names with signature

AUS Evidence
- Letter with signature of joint AUS bank account opened
- Bank Statement from my bank showing groceries and transactions
- Bank Statement from my partners bank showing rent paid to her parents account, groceries and work pay.
- Joint Bank account statement showing savings
- Print off with each of us beneficiary on each others super funds (SunSuper unable to send confirmation letter :S)

Statements
- Stat decl from both me and partner (getting signed by JP tomorrow)
- 2 Form 888 from partners parents - waiting on 3 more.
- A full relationship history from both of us as online only allows 2000 characters - explaining why we lived with parents, our plans for future as well.

Other Evidence
- Photographs with my family and partner at Christmas
- Photographs of us in the UK
- Photographs with us at a baby shower for partners sister
- Facebook screen shots of important status - such as when relationship started, any joint tags friends have put us in.
- Receipts of Cinemas, Groceries
- Flight tickets to UK
- Other flight tickets
- Disney Land tickets in both names

- Partners Payslips, End of Year Tax both UK & AUS showing she can support me

I would really appreciate if someone can just run over that and tell me if its all good or if something else needs to be added.

I know its quite a lot to do but would be really helpful and hopefully stop me stressing.

Thanks

Alex

Dinkum likes this.

Last edited by ajmaddison88; 07-07-2014 at 09:35 AM.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,340
Users Flag! From australia

682 likes received
239 likes given
Hi Alex,

You are about to lodge a very important visa application. Getting it wrong and having your visa refused would be a major disruption to your life.

I suggest that you are asking a forum of which the majority of members are not migration agents or lawyers to confirm whether you have got it right is a pretty stupid idea. If you were up on a criminal charge would you hire some person in the street to help you or a qualified and skilled person to help you. I suggest that you would go to a skilled criminal lawyer to help you out.

I suggest that you take all you application forms and documentary evidence to a Registered Migration Agent who has a track record of having lodged and managed Spouse Visas to a successful conclusion and have him or her check it for you. It is worth while spending the money to do that.

Regards

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Jeremy W Hooper BEng MSc Grad Dip App Finance Dip Australian Migration Law MMIA MMA, MM&EA
MARN 0107902

[email protected]

http://4australianvisas.com

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 155
Users Flag! From australia

102 likes received
62 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hooper View Post
Hi Alex,

You are about to lodge a very important visa application. Getting it wrong and having your visa refused would be a major disruption to your life.

I suggest that you are asking a forum of which the majority of members are not migration agents or lawyers to confirm whether you have got it right is a pretty stupid idea. If you were up on a criminal charge would you hire some person in the street to help you or a qualified and skilled person to help you. I suggest that you would go to a skilled criminal lawyer to help you out.

I suggest that you take all you application forms and documentary evidence to a Registered Migration Agent who has a track record of having lodged and managed Spouse Visas to a successful conclusion and have him or her check it for you. It is worth while spending the money to do that.

Regards
Jerry brother...what I'm about to say is heavily subjective, but is based on your behaviour anyway. I suppose many would agree.

The reason why this forum is here is to give people advice. Not to confirm or deny facts, but to give unofficial advice. We all know that a migration agent would definitely do the job, but as you can see this applicant has chosen to not pursue that path. If you can help good enough, if you can't - just skip the topic. What you have done here is disguising your post as a caring one 'in the best interest of the client', but the underlying reason is marketing. In my opinion, the way you're going about winning customers is quite wrong. Your post says one thing, but if you read between the lines it screams 'hey I'm an agent, come to me.' As a potential customer of yours, your attitude is a turn off and I would rather go to another agent if I had to.

Instead of trying to sell yourself, try helping out people on genuine basis. Look at Mark and Agam (the two agents I know here, there might be many more). They offer advice on genuine basis (even though their presence here is a business move - no doubt). I'm not advertising on their behalf, but their attitude is way better. You never see them invade topics suggesting going to an agent, they only help when asked. Honesty and genuineness are the best sales strategy.

Not trying to harm you, except your attitude is a bit off the track. This is just a feedback form a potential customer. Have a good day.

Dinkum likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 02:03 PM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hooper View Post
Hi Alex,

You are about to lodge a very important visa application. Getting it wrong and having your visa refused would be a major disruption to your life.

I suggest that you are asking a forum of which the majority of members are not migration agents or lawyers to confirm whether you have got it right is a pretty stupid idea. If you were up on a criminal charge would you hire some person in the street to help you or a qualified and skilled person to help you. I suggest that you would go to a skilled criminal lawyer to help you out.

I suggest that you take all you application forms and documentary evidence to a Registered Migration Agent who has a track record of having lodged and managed Spouse Visas to a successful conclusion and have him or her check it for you. It is worth while spending the money to do that.

Regards
Uh, whoa there. We are quite glad to have you posting here, but this forum is (in my admittedly biased opinion since I'm a moderator) one of the better forums out there. The members are quite knowledgeable, and, best of all, when we DON'T know or aren't sure of something, or if people have complicated cases, we have no problem telling posters they need to talk to a migration agent. I know I myself probably say it 10 times a day.

So let's not tell people it's a "stupid idea" to listen to the users of this forum, okay? We're all working together to help people migrate successfully.

Even when people have straightforward cases, if they're not sure of what they're doing, we do let them know some RMAs have a service (including some who are regular posters here) where they'll look over an application the applicant put together themselves to make sure it's comprehensive and correct for a very low (and worthwhile) cost. It is perfectly fine to say something like that - as I said, the members here say it as well. But let's not disparage the helpfulness of the forum members in trying to get that message across, please.

Dinkum and Bay56 like this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 509
Users Flag! From uk

449 likes received
57 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay56 View Post
Instead of trying to sell yourself, try helping out people on genuine basis. Look at Mark and Agam (the two agents I know here, there might be many more). They offer advice on genuine basis (even though their presence here is a business move - no doubt). I'm not advertising on their behalf, but their attitude is way better. You never see them invade topics suggesting going to an agent, they only help when asked. Honesty and genuineness are the best sales strategy.
Not a business move mate I can promise you. Considering agents make money from providing paid advice it's a terrible business strategy to go giving that advice away for free. I post because I like to do it and the information I give is stuff that people could find themselves anyway, they just need a little nudge in the right direction from time to time. You won't see me getting involved in many complex situations or threads like this because I don't think a forum is the appropriate place for it. Of course it would be stupid not to add a signature link as it's free advertising (provided the advice is good!), but seriously an agent would get more business benefit by not posting any advice at all. Only exception is where an agent gets a few clients, then those initial clients refer them in more posts etc and it snowballs from there....Seen it happen elsewhere, don't see it happening here and frankly I don't think it would be worth anyone's effort to try and do it.

I'm not an agent either, just work for an agency and since I'm experiencing these things on a daily basis I take pride in learning the industry.

From what I've seen of this forum people are quite responsible about what they post which is good and that's probably why there was no responses to this one. A forum really isn't the place for this kind of question because even though I'm sure there would be helpful tips and knowledgeable advice, nobody knows the finer details of the matter or even the content of the documents.

As I've always said, people can get advice and pointers from forums, but they really must undertake their own research and be sure of their own applications before they proceed with it. If they're not they can hire an agent to take on that responsibility. I think that's fair comment and It also seems to be an opinion shared by a lot of the posters here, unlike other forums that can have a very anti-agent bias.

__________________
Adam Grey

Client Service Manager

QuickVisas - www.quickvisas.co.uk
Carman & Associates - www.carmanimmi.com.au

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 155
Users Flag! From australia

102 likes received
62 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Grey View Post
Not a business move mate I can promise you. Considering agents make money from providing paid advice it's a terrible business strategy to go giving that advice away for free. I post because I like to do it and the information I give is stuff that people could find themselves anyway, they just need a little nudge in the right direction from time to time. You won't see me getting involved in many complex situations or threads like this because I don't think a forum is the appropriate place for it. Of course it would be stupid not to add a signature link as it's free advertising (provided the advice is good!), but seriously an agent would get more business benefit by not posting any advice at all. Only exception is where an agent gets a few clients, then those initial clients refer them in more posts etc and it snowballs from there....Seen it happen elsewhere, don't see it happening here and frankly I don't think it would be worth anyone's effort to try and do it.

I'm not an agent either, just work for an agency and since I'm experiencing these things on a daily basis I take pride in learning the industry.

From what I've seen of this forum people are quite responsible about what they post which is good and that's probably why there was no responses to this one. A forum really isn't the place for this kind of question because even though I'm sure there would be helpful tips and knowledgeable advice, nobody knows the finer details of the matter or even the content of the documents.

As I've always said, people can get advice and pointers from forums, but they really must undertake their own research and be sure of their own applications before they proceed with it. If they're not they can hire an agent to take on that responsibility. I think that's fair comment and It also seems to be an opinion shared by a lot of the posters here, unlike other forums that can have a very anti-agent bias.
I apologise if I got the 'business move' thing wrong. That was just my impression, didn't mean to offend or damage anyone's reputation.

The message I wanted to convey was that I am personally fine with people making money off me or off other people if that is done through an ethical channel. I thought agents' presence would be a business move because providing free advice (where the situation permits) is a win-win situation - you are helping people and advertising yourself which could win clients (that's why I thought your presence might be of a business character). A good name can take you very far. I've seen both you and Mark offer advice and sometimes comment on other agents' abilities which says that you are ethical. The way that Jeremy went about it was akin to door-to-door salesmen or those people that stop you in the middle of the mall and shove products in your face.

Apologies for my misjudgement


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 509
Users Flag! From uk

449 likes received
57 likes given
No need to apologise, I didn't take any offence and I know where you're coming from. Don't get me wrong I always want to promote my business and I have a signature with a link to it, but to be honest I'd probably still be posting without it.

CollegeGirl and Bay56 like this.
__________________
Adam Grey

Client Service Manager

QuickVisas - www.quickvisas.co.uk
Carman & Associates - www.carmanimmi.com.au

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,340
Users Flag! From australia

682 likes received
239 likes given
Hi,

I may have come out in robust terms regarding getting documents checked by an expert. However, it does seem like a good idea when you are about to spend $4575 on a visa application that is not refundable. I was not promoting my business.

I also respect that people come onto forum's to get advice. However, we a dealing with some of the most complex laws in Australia, and I would like to see all applicants get a successful outcome.

Regards

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Jeremy W Hooper BEng MSc Grad Dip App Finance Dip Australian Migration Law MMIA MMA, MM&EA
MARN 0107902

[email protected]

http://4australianvisas.com

  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Townsville
Posts: 28
Users Flag! From uk

24 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hooper View Post
Hi Alex,

You are about to lodge a very important visa application. Getting it wrong and having your visa refused would be a major disruption to your life.

I suggest that you are asking a forum of which the majority of members are not migration agents or lawyers to confirm whether you have got it right is a pretty stupid idea. If you were up on a criminal charge would you hire some person in the street to help you or a qualified and skilled person to help you. I suggest that you would go to a skilled criminal lawyer to help you out.

I suggest that you take all you application forms and documentary evidence to a Registered Migration Agent who has a track record of having lodged and managed Spouse Visas to a successful conclusion and have him or her check it for you. It is worth while spending the money to do that.

Regards
I understand where you are coming from....however I have not chosen to go to a Migration Agency as I don't believe in paying all that sum of money for something I am able to do...if I had a more complicated case, then yeah I would understand it.

The reason why I posted this was purely for reassurance. I know people on here have done applications, and all I wanted was someone to give a bit of their own personal advice, or possibly add something that would make my case better.

I am fairly confident as I have went through all the checklist, left no stone turned. I have taken great advice from regular contributors on here and added them to my application.

CollegeGirl and Dinkum like this.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proof of sufficient funds for online visa application LadiesMan4Ever Visas and immigration 5 04-28-2013 08:42 AM
Medical check before application? Nelly87 Visas and immigration 4 10-18-2012 03:52 AM
AFP Check, Proof of Identity Sonkos Visas and immigration 3 07-15-2012 09:45 AM
Adding de facto to a PR 121 application? 12 months relationship proof? lilimary Visas and immigration 1 03-10-2011 11:56 AM
Application status check - paper based application Sirj Visas and immigration 1 03-10-2010 07:56 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com