unlawful defacto

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree13Likes

unlawful defacto


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 31
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
unlawful defacto

Hi I am new here I was unlawful from August 2008 and I am in a relationship with my girlfriend who is Australian citizen from October 2011 and applied for 820/801 partner visa on 6 June 2014 supplied police clearance and finished medicals and suddenly yesterday my lawyer send me a mail regarding schedule 3 argument she said that rule is been Changed, the people who are unlawful and have substantive visa during the lodge of partner visa onshore should apply offshore.Any one know about this please help.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,236
Users Flag! From canada

1533 likes received
148 likes given
Is your lawyer a registered migration agent? If so, they should be able to guide you through this process. If they aren't, then I'd suggest you speak with one as I understand this can be more complicated.

__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 31
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Thanks for the reply, yes she is a registered migration agent she said she will arrange a meeting next week.But my heart broken after seeing mail from my lawyer yesterday my girlfriend and me crying last and haven't slept.please update the info if something comes on paid $9900 lawyer fee and $4575 application fee and other expenses so much in debt I am on bridging c visa no work rights and no travel.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pras View Post
Hi I am new here I was unlawful from August 2008 and I am in a relationship with my girlfriend who is Australian citizen from October 2011 and applied for 820/801 partner visa on 6 June 2014 supplied police clearance and finished medicals and suddenly yesterday my lawyer send me a mail regarding schedule 3 argument she said that rule is been Changed, the people who are unlawful and have substantive visa during the lodge of partner visa onshore should apply offshore.Any one know about this please help.
I reckon you should not be given the visa because you have broken the laws. People like you prevent others from getting their visas.


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:33 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 31
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
When you spend $40000 on student visa to study and if you loose your visa for some silly reason that you even not aware of it then you will know the pain and whoever you are this forum is to discuss the different immigration conditions of the people so suggest if you have any solutions if not keep quite.if you counter attack on other people emotions you will be reported.


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:51 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth1 View Post
I reckon you should not be given the visa because you have broken the laws. People like you prevent others from getting their visas.
Truth, in both your posts you have been unkind to other posters on this forum. Please reign it in. Believe me when I say this forum does not support people remaining unlawfully in Australia, and will not give advice on how to circumvent immigration law, etc. However, the OP of this thread is trying to become a lawful immigrant, which we want to support. Thanks.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:53 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pras View Post
When you spend $40000 on student visa to study and if you loose your visa for some silly reason that you even not aware of it then you will know the pain and whoever you are this forum is to discuss the different immigration conditions of the people so suggest if you have any solutions if not keep quite.if you counter attack on other people emotions you will be reported.
I am speaking my mind. it is your problem if you can't handle it. Go ahead and report. I don't care.


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:54 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pras View Post
Hi I am new here I was unlawful from August 2008 and I am in a relationship with my girlfriend who is Australian citizen from October 2011 and applied for 820/801 partner visa on 6 June 2014 supplied police clearance and finished medicals and suddenly yesterday my lawyer send me a mail regarding schedule 3 argument she said that rule is been Changed, the people who are unlawful and have substantive visa during the lodge of partner visa onshore should apply offshore.Any one know about this please help.
I don't know about this specifically but this sounds really weird to me -generally people are better off staying onshore if they can. I'd suggest asking Mark Northam, a highly-respected registered migration agent who posts on this site. You can either post in the Ask Mark! thread at the top of the forum, or you might get a faster response if you private message him (though I'm not sure if you have enough posts to be able to do that). You can also contact him directly - his information is on his website, mnvisa.com.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:57 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 31
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Thank you very much for the reply, I will contact him and I will you all the success in your life.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:59 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth1 View Post
I am speaking my mind. it is your problem if you can't handle it. Go ahead and report. I don't care.
You've just been issued with an infraction. Everyone on this forum is helpful to each other. It's okay to disagree with someone being here illegally (believe me, I'm a legal immigrant, and I disagree with remaining here illegally as well), but our job here is to HELP people become legal, law-abiding folks. If you can't help, don't comment. More negative and derogatory comments can lead to you being banned.

Breiza, Dinkum, WillyWonka and 1 others like this.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unlawful non citizen due to wrong bridging visa!! alandibella Visas and immigration 24 02-14-2014 03:09 AM
Defacto Diljot New member introductions 0 02-02-2014 02:51 AM
Defacto help for everyone :) johnboy1234 Visas and immigration 20 12-03-2013 08:40 PM
Was I Unlawful in New Zealand? rahul123 Visas and immigration 3 01-18-2012 07:57 PM
Defacto fmikael New member introductions 0 09-21-2011 02:02 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:53 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com