Australian spouse visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Australian spouse visa

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Australian spouse visa

Dear all

I am currently holding a student visa in Australia which will expires on September 2011. My girlfriend just change her student visa to spouse visa. After that, however, she would like to stay in Australia longer while I have to go back to my home country. I have some few questions to my condition above.

1.) Is there any solution for her to extend her visa if I go back to my home country?
2.) Is it possible for me to apply for working and holiday visa after my student visa expires therefore my visa can be granted to her as well?
3.) If we decide to divorce, what visa can she apply for after divorce?

please give me a solution and other options that I haven't considered of.
Thank you very much

Best Regards

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
When you say your Gf has changed her student visa to a spouse visa, I assume you're meaning that you have added her as a secondary applicant to your visa have you?
And has that been granted?
In any case, when your student visa expires, if she now has a secondary applicant visa on that, her visa will also expire.
For a WHV you do need to apply for that from outside of Australia and there is no secondary applicant option on the WHV
Divorce normally infers marriage first but as soon as your Gf secondary visa expires, all she casn do is obviously consider what next but you/she need to realise that the immigration regulations are really not so much about providing a means to investigate how to stay in Australia but more what a person is wanting to do, such as study, work or have a holiday etc. and for working, other than a WHV, it usually means that a person needs to have developed a skill and have qualifications that need to be assessed.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2011, 03:56 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

thanks for your information Wanderer.

Yes I've added her as a secondary applicant and visa has not been granted yet.

Is it possible for her to apply for a new student visa after my visa expires if she decide to study further while I go back to my home country (in case we are not divorce).

thank you very much

Sponsored Links
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
The first problem you/her could have is that if the secondary applicant visa has not been granted, if your Gf was not listed on your initial student visa it is most likely her secondary applicant visa will not be granted.
As to whether she can apply for another student visa anybody can do that anytime but there are eligibility requirements to be met to be successful.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
australian sponsoring for visa qwertyko26 Visas and immigration 12 08-02-2011 11:42 AM
Australian Qualification for Australian PR nashe_31 Visas and immigration 10 06-06-2011 02:05 PM
Spouse Visa application moved to Australian High commission in Abhudhabi mastbaadshah007 Visas and immigration 1 05-09-2011 06:17 AM
Can my Spouse sponsor me if she is a australian p.r however a student ? Giggsy Visas and immigration 2 02-01-2011 01:15 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.