Professional year

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Professional year

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 16
Please update your flag here .

Professional year

what does professional year mean???

how do you get points for designated language. Do we have to appear for the test??

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Professional year in Australia is usually a reference to someone who has done a professional course and to be fully recognised/registered with a professional association, they do what is often called a Professional Development Year, often associated with some medical occupations where it is deemed appropriate that someone gets a year under supervision.
There may be variances on the meaning depending on the context the reference is in.

If you click on the language heading or any heading for that matter in the eligibility table you will be taken to explanatory information.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Professional Year

Not completely true wonderer.

The professional year program is a special program which was designed by the government and is only for international students who finished their Accounting, IT or Engineering degree in Australia, applied for a 485 visa and have an IELTS of at leat 6.0. The program is a 44 week program and it's all about australian workplace, business communication skills classes followed by a full time 3 months internship. The idea is to make international students in Austrlaia more employable.

There are few providers who offer this course, one of the biggest in Professional Pathways Australia which is owned by Monash Uni.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*** GSM Visa for IT Professional *** - Please advise AKJ Visas and immigration 2 08-03-2011 05:47 PM
health care professional looking for job ben10 Jobs and work 3 11-09-2010 02:45 PM
One year study Accounting and one year Marketing. Profession-Accountant Fadil Visas and immigration 2 04-16-2010 06:04 AM
Professional translations needed?? silentbrodie Visas and immigration 10 05-06-2009 12:14 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.