turning working hol visa into permanent visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

turning working hol visa into permanent visa

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

turning working hol visa into permanent visa

hi im looking for advice on how to get a permanent visa while having a working holiday visa, i was told i could apply if my occupation was on a skilled list which isnt the sol list ! I thought there was only 1 list, my occupation is a picture framer and i dont want to apply for a working hol visa if nothing can come of it after a second year. any advice would be great thanks.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
There're actually two lists for independent skilled visas lyndsay and a subset by states for the second list, so if you click on the second link for the SOL @ Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration you will see actually four, two for transitional situations so ignore those but then you have the SOL#3 for straight independent and the SOL#4 for state and territory nomination and so if picture framing is not on the SOL #3 but is on the SOL#4 you then need to check if any of the states or territories have it and to do that go to the third link on above page for Visas Options and then select Outside Australia [ even though on a WHV you would be here ] and the 176 visa and you'll see under eligibility a link to states sponsorship that will give you a list of the separate states/territories.
You'll need to check individually those lists to see which if any state/territory has picture framer listed.

If you find some, you'll then need to look at their eligibility requirements for some states may have a certain level of experience for sponsorship and/or perhaps even an employment offer, so depending on what you find, you may want to start it all riolling before you come on a WHV or wait until here.
You can apply for an Outside Australia visa [ which you'll have to ] even if you're in Australia and if a visa grant is to be offered, you'll then need to take a trip out to say New Zealand to have the visa granted.

Another way that someone may have referred to re another list would be via Employer Sponsorship - Visa Options - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration there being temporary sponsorship which is the most common and can lead to permanent sponsorship or in some cases PR sponsorship direct, each having an approved occupation list and for the TR 457 have a look at nomination under eligibility or for PR direct the ENSOL list.
Either way, you first need an employer who is eligible and prepared to sponsor and being on a WHV and finding work in that field will be the best way to see how you go.

Even if nothing arises, doing a WHV for a couple of years can still be a great experience and you never know, you may even meet the love of your current life, be able to do a partner visa and set up your own picture framing business.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

great thank you very much, found picture framing under section 4,

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working on a working holiday visa Ghostzapper Jobs and work 11 12-14-2011 09:28 PM
WHV 462 for American citizen that will be turning 31? dragon950 Visas and immigration 2 11-02-2011 03:47 AM
Tourist visa while waiting for a 309 permanent visa manolis13 Visas and immigration 2 08-20-2011 01:28 PM
De facto Visa helppp! and possible other Visa options for permanent residence c.laire Visas and immigration 3 07-11-2010 03:33 AM
Difference between a permanent resident and a permanent visa holder bedrosmanoukian Visas and immigration 1 12-08-2009 03:08 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.