Issues on leaving while waiting for 885 visa to be approved

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Issues on leaving while waiting for 885 visa to be approved

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Issues on leaving while waiting for 885 visa to be approved

Hi I'm new here! This forum is great I've actually learned heaps going through many posts. Unfortunately I could not find the answers I needed.

Here's my situation I've recently graduated from university and applied for a 885 visa with a CSL as an accountant about a month ago on the 3/2/2011 and I'm still waiting for a CO to be assigned. After reading the forum and hearing stories from friends on how long they have been waiting for theirs to be approved. It made me wonder if I should head back to my hometown and wait out.

I'm considering going back to my hometown to work, as there's a possibility that I may get a job faster there. There is no way I would be able to that here after weeks of applying for jobs only to receive replies that it's company policy that the person applying needs to have a PR. Therefore the dilemma.

1. If I decide to leave Australia for a long period of time (1 year or more), what should I do since a BVB will only allow 3 months? I doubt they will give 1 year for a reason as inability to find a job in Australia. Will they?

2. I do understand by not leaving on a BVB, I will not have work rights in Australia for the period until I get my PR. I'm concern that they will not continue to process my application once I leave the country. Is that true?

3. Once in the hands of the CO, how long will the CO be willing to put my application on hold for?

4. If it's put on hold and passes the 6 months since the time I've completed my studies, will the PR application become invalid?

5. If I'm not around in Australia when the CO needs me to, will I be re-assigned a new CO? How long will I be given to enter Australia? If I fail to do so will it be re-processed again like for example, queue from the beginning when I first applied for a PR?

6. Would it be better if I re-applied on an off-shore visa? If so, do I have to go through the degree assessment and medicals again?


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
You can have an 885/886 visa application in the system and leave Australia without a BVB for a longer period and your application will still be considered when it has moved up in the queue.

You should put advice in with a Form 1022 to indicate you've moved offshore and it is quite possible the processing will procedd until a decision is pending and if that was to be granting a visa, you may get contacted and advised of such and then you'll need to get yourself something like a visitor visa to return on to allow the visa to be granted.

If you're from a country that has the WHV with Australia, that may be another option you'll want to consider.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Thanks Wanderer!

other questions:

So let's say I have left Australia and CO informs me that he/she has received my application.

How long will the CO allow me to put it on hold?
Would the CO allow me to put the application on hold for a period of 1 year?
Will this jeopardise my application?

Sponsored Links
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
I do not know that they will put it on hold but processing can take quite a while and by not having done your police checks and medical to submit with the application, just doing those when requested will also allow you to drag out your application processing some if that is what you want to do.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Work while waiting for getting approved? sonja Visas and immigration 7 03-18-2011 12:45 AM
what's the best temporary visa to get while waiting for partner visa to be approved? JHFH Visas and immigration 9 01-26-2011 07:49 AM
Leaving while waiting on visa approval?? Please help! Lizblizzz Visas and immigration 1 01-18-2011 06:40 AM
leaving while waiting for visa?? vanders Visas and immigration 2 01-15-2011 09:27 AM
migration agent issues-STILL waiting! JenL Visas and immigration 10 10-23-2010 01:47 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.