Please Help. Im 18 and sooo confused!

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Please Help. Im 18 and sooo confused!

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Please Help. Im 18 and sooo confused!

Hi, i am 18 and moved last July on a Holiday Working Visa to join my brother and his fiance who have been here since March 2010.

I have been living with them since i came over here and they are now getting sponsored on a 457 to live here permanately. I was wondering if there is any chance that i could get put on the visa with them? Our parents ae alive back in the UK however we have no communication with them as we dont speak. We also have another brother however we arent that close to him either and so if i had to go back to the UK i have no home, job, money and would be by myself.

I really want to stay here as i am really close to my brother and have a home, job and better life here.

Im just worried as the visa has already been lodged so would i still be able to be added to it???

Please help - i really cant back. Can someone let me know what they think my chances are and if they are low what could i study at tafe (as low on funds) to get me my PR.

Thank you - really appreciate any help anyone can give me ... =]

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Don't have a clue?

Are you dependant on your brother for housing food health needs etc, and why can't you take care of these yourself by gaining employment? In other words is there a specific reason other than 'he's your brother' why you rely on him.

I would certainly ask other people more informed than me on this forum..and I'm new! But a lot of agents in Australia will at least respond to a single email and tell you if it's possible to do.

other than that..extract:


If you are applying for General Skilled Migration from outside Australia,
you may include in your application relatives, other than your children,
who are dependent on you. These may include an aged, unmarried relative.

You can include these relatives in your application if they:
* are usually resident in your household
* are substantially or wholly reliant on you for financial support for
their basic needs of shelter, food and clothing
* have been reliant on you for that support for a substantial period
* are more reliant on you for that support than on any other person or

A relative may also be considered dependent on you if they are reliant on
you for financial support because they have a mental or physical
disability which stops them from earning a living to support themselves.

If you have dependants who are aged 18 years or over, please obtain Form
47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or
over. Form 47A must be completed for each dependant aged 18 years or over,
regardless of whether or not they are migrating with you.

Form 47A is only available in paper form. You cannot lodge this form
electronically. If you are lodging an electronic General Skilled Migration
application, you must submit Form 47A and all supporting documentation by
mail or courier directly to the correct general Skilled Migration
processing centre. Form 47A Details of child or other dependent family
member aged 18 years or over

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 73
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
I also doubt that you'ld be considered a dependent, so it is impossible to be added to the visa. Even if you were younger than 18, you would have a hard time explaining why you were dependent on your brother, and couldn't live with your parents.
You could look into getting an employer sponsor you, OR get a student visa to study at TAFE, prefereably a course that will get you PR. You will have to pay international fees though, there's no way around it.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got PR!!! but still confused 10duk Visas and immigration 4 09-26-2011 07:42 AM
confused! please help.. kath83 Visas and immigration 5 09-15-2010 06:59 PM
i am really confused. realist07 Visas and immigration 1 04-22-2010 03:41 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.