Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   Partner Visa (309/100) Timeline from India- Australian High Commission New Delhi (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/80194-partner-visa-309-100-timeline-india-australian-high-commission-new-delhi.html)

Becky26 10-01-2014 06:59 AM

Case Officer's Call to Husband
 
Hey Guys :)

The case officer called my husband today at around 10AM IST and spoke to him for about 10 minutes. She asked him where I was planning on working after I moved to Australia and when I was planning on finishing my Masters degree.

According to my husband it was a pleasant conversation. AND....the case officer also assured him that my visa will be finalized by October 15 since there a few holidays in between from tomorrow. And that he could call/email her if I didn't get my visa by then. She was like, I'm sure you must be excited to see your wife after so long and my husband was like you have no idea!

So hopefully the good news is not too far away, thank GOD!! Really hoping she keeps her word and approves the visa before my birthday. Don't want to be celebrating my 25th birthday moaping and depressed.

Thank you so much Mish, CG, Tania for all your support and kind wishes, I should be posting a thread of my own with the good news soon :p Can't wait to see my husband :D
Good Luck to all waiting! :)

Kind Regards,
Becky

Dinkum 10-01-2014 07:01 AM

Fingers crossed...
 
Hi Becky... we've all got our fingers crossed for you both. Let's hope there is good news soon... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky26 (Post 615146)
Guys,

My husband emailed the case officer today requesting an update on our application as it's been 15 months since DOL now and she replied back at 5:00PM IST so about half an hour ago. Below is what she wrote in the reply to my husband's email:-

"Dear Sir,

Greetings from Australian High Commission!
Grateful if you could please share your contact number to enable us update you on the progress of this application and seek more information required to assess this application.

Yours sincerely
CASE OFFICER
Visa Officer
Family and Humanitarian Migration Team
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Australian High Commission New Delhi"


Don't know why she is requesting my husband's phone number since his mobile number is mentioned in both form 40SP and 47SP :confused:
And I have no idea what she wants to talk to my husband about? I'm FTFO!!! :eek::eek:

Please advice guys, don't know what she wants and how much longer she is going to interrogate us. Can anyone advice me what kind of questions the case officer can ask and how long do they talk for while calling from overseas?
Look forward to your help.
Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,
Becky


Becky26 10-01-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinkum (Post 615810)
Hi Becky... we've all got our fingers crossed for both. Let's hope there is good news soon... :)

Thank you so much Dinkum! :) Happy days are not to far away after all :)
Will update you guys when I hear from AHC next.

Many Thanks,
Becky

CollegeGirl 10-01-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky26 (Post 615794)
Hey Guys :)

The case officer called my husband today at around 10AM IST and spoke to him for about 10 minutes. She asked him where I was planning on working after I moved to Australia and when I was planning on finishing my Masters degree.

According to my husband it was a pleasant conversation. AND....the case officer also assured him that my visa will be finalized by October 15 since there a few holidays in between from tomorrow. And that he could call/email her if I didn't get my visa by then. She was like, I'm sure you must be excited to see your wife after so long and my husband was like you have no idea!

So hopefully the good news is not too far away, thank GOD!! Really hoping she keeps her word and approves the visa before my birthday. Don't want to be celebrating my 25th birthday moaping and depressed.

Thank you so much Mish, CG, Tania for all your support and kind wishes, I should be posting a thread of my own with the good news soon :p Can't wait to see my husband :D
Good Luck to all waiting! :)

Kind Regards,
Becky

YAY! i was so hoping this was how this conversation would go. What a relief. Hang in there, Becky - two more weeks! :D

Becky26 10-01-2014 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeGirl (Post 615850)
YAY! i was so hoping this was how this conversation would go. What a relief. Hang in there, Becky - two more weeks! :D

I KNOW!!!! :D:D:D:D
I can't wait, I have goosebumps. Haven't even got the visa yet and still can't stop smiling, would look retarded to someone who doesn't know why I've been smiling for the past 2 hours....LOL :p
Husband sounded very excited on the phone when he called :)
Thank you CG for all your help. Not long now :)

Kind Regards,
Becky

TaniaTM 10-01-2014 07:24 AM

Not too faaaar now! Hang in there and we'll be rejoicing with you soon! :D

Becky26 10-01-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaniaTM (Post 615882)
Not too faaaar now! Hang in there and we'll be rejoicing with you soon! :D

Yes! I'm hoping for the same. Thanks Tania :)
Hope the packing is coming along well ;)

Kind Regards
Becky

TaniaTM 10-01-2014 07:41 AM

Anytime! I know how bad the waiting is.

I still need to resign and sort things out but hopefully before the year ends, I'll be all packed and ready to go! :D

Becky26 10-01-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaniaTM (Post 615914)
Anytime! I know how bad the waiting is.

I still need to resign and sort things out but hopefully before the year ends, I'll be all packed and ready to go! :D

Good Luck darl!
Wish you a safe and fun flight to Australia. It's a beautiful country, you'll love it :)

Kind Regards,
Becky

Hassali.abdi 10-01-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky26 (Post 615794)
Hey Guys :)

The case officer called my husband today at around 10AM IST and spoke to him for about 10 minutes. She asked him where I was planning on working after I moved to Australia and when I was planning on finishing my Masters degree.

According to my husband it was a pleasant conversation. AND....the case officer also assured him that my visa will be finalized by October 15 since there a few holidays in between from tomorrow. And that he could call/email her if I didn't get my visa by then. She was like, I'm sure you must be excited to see your wife after so long and my husband was like you have no idea!

So hopefully the good news is not too far away, thank GOD!! Really hoping she keeps her word and approves the visa before my birthday. Don't want to be celebrating my 25th birthday moaping and depressed.

Thank you so much Mish, CG, Tania for all your support and kind wishes, I should be posting a thread of my own with the good news soon :p Can't wait to see my husband :D
Good Luck to all waiting! :)

Kind Regards,
Becky

Dear Becky,
I am SURE the day to celebrate for you is not far. We must show that you have part of those who were so depressed and stressed in this forum. Your contribtion to this forum only deserves you to feel the most happy person in this or the coming week. We are all on your side, our fingers crossed for you GREAT reunion in Aust.

Ready to celebrate with you. A strong person like you deserves no harm in life.

Wish you a long lasting happiness with your husband in Austland.

Kind wishes
Hassan


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com