Partner Visa (309/100) Timeline from India- Australian High Commission New Delhi - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree173Likes

Partner Visa (309/100) Timeline from India- Australian High Commission New Delhi - Page 2


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 509
Users Flag! From kenya

135 likes received
76 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky26 View Post
Hey Hassan,

Thank you for your words of encouragement and appreciation. I hope you get your visa soon. You are in my prayers

I forgot to clarify one thing in my post:- The person who sends the applicants the Acknowledgement Letter and/or the request for medicals is unfortunately not the case officer.

I'm not sure about other AHCs , but a 100 percent positive about AHC New Delhi. Many applicants get contacted by AHC between 1-8 weeks of application, the Acknowledgement Letter will also have the name of the officer who works in AHC as a case officer but he/she ISN'T YOUR case officer, so don't get too excited.

I learnt this the hard way, I got my Acknowledgement Letter (with an officer's name and her position number at the bottom) and medical request within 2 days of application and was literally dancing around with pom-poms, thinking that I was going to be getting my visa very soon.
Little did I know!! that she wasn't my case officer and I had to wait for over 27 weeks to get an actual case officer, HELL froze on me and it still hasn't unfrozen till now...LOL Been over 12 months since application and no sign of visa.

Under NO circumstance will AHC allocate case officer to an application before 30-31 weeks since date of application.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!
Have a great weekend Hassan!

Kind Regards,
Becky


Dear Becky,

Your Visa is IMMINENT, I for see things sometimes. Based on the time you covered, and what my mind is telling, says that Becky will be posting from Australia very soon


Never cut the tie with us.

Good luck and I pray for your visa to be granted withing the next 60 days if not less.

Best regards
Hassan

Becky26 and Dinkum like this.

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Becky26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,410
Users Flag! From india

516 likes received
273 likes given
Talking Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassali.abdi View Post
Dear Becky,

Your Visa is IMMINENT, I for see things sometimes. Based on the time you covered, and what my mind is telling, says that Becky will be posting from Australia very soon


Never cut the tie with us.

Good luck and I pray for your visa to be granted withing the next 60 days if not less.

Best regards
Hassan
AMEN!!! to that Hassan! We've got all our fingers and toes crossed for the visa. It's just a matter of time. Right now I'm waiting for my passport to get updated (add my husband's name and update my address), which in itself is a gargantuan task. YES! Indian passports have a "Name of Spouse" and "Residential Address" column in them which causes so much drama when applying for visa
I mean address is such an unnecessary column in a passport

I had to get my perfectly fine passport cancelled due to this crap rule. Without it, the passport office won't issue me a new PCC. That's why I had to give up my passport which would've been valid for another 7 years

Worst are the government authorities here that make this process more cumbersome than it actually is or it needs to be.

ANYWAYS!!
I will surely be on the forum to help and share my experiences. Thank you so much for your prayers and encouraging words. I hope for the same for you too! that you get the subclass 100 straightaway without having to wait for 2 years on the subclass 309
Good Luck!!

Kind Regards,
Becky

Dinkum and Hassali.abdi like this.
__________________
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.


Applied: Australian High Commission, New Delhi
Application Received by AHC: July 22, 2013
Visa Grant Date:October 16, 2014
Eligibility Date: July 22, 2015
Subclass 100 Submission: August 08, 2015
PR Grant Date: December 08, 2015
Citizenship Eligibility: October 20, 2018

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 509
Users Flag! From kenya

135 likes received
76 likes given
Visa Label free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky26 View Post
AMEN!!! to that Hassan! We've got all our fingers and toes crossed for the visa. It's just a matter of time. Right now I'm waiting for my passport to get updated (add my husband's name and update my address), which in itself is a gargantuan task. YES! Indian passports have a "Name of Spouse" and "Residential Address" column in them which causes so much drama when applying for visa
I mean address is such an unnecessary column in a passport

I had to get my perfectly fine passport cancelled due to this crap rule. Without it, the passport office won't issue me a new PCC. That's why I had to give up my passport which would've been valid for another 7 years

Worst are the government authorities here that make this process more cumbersome than it actually is or it needs to be.

ANYWAYS!!
I will surely be on the forum to help and share my experiences. Thank you so much for your prayers and encouraging words. I hope for the same for you too! that you get the subclass 100 straightaway without having to wait for 2 years on the subclass 309
Good Luck!!

Kind Regards,
Becky
Hi Becky,

Why is the Indian passport has those details?
Kenyan passports do not have things like that. Your names, date of births, place of births, date of issue, expiry date, issuing authority on those details.
Even the marital status is not there.

Visa label free!

I want to bring in another issue. That is VISA LABEL FREE language which is currently in the system is a bit unclear to me. The AHC in Nairobi says that any visa applicant does not need visa to labeled in their passports. The visa is electronically linked to the passport and stored in the system. Governments, Airline staffs and organizations in Australia have access to the visa and can confirm the kind of visa a person has and its validity.

Anybody with those information in detail?

From your situation Becky, if your current passport has been already scanned by the AHC, and they have the photocopy of it, don't you think that they might have already linked your current passport with the visa that is going to be granted to you? If so, did you informed the AHC that you are changing your previous passport and expecting a new updated one?


Sorry If am out of topic but I felt to share this with you guys.

Good luck all!!!!!
Hassan


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Becky26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,410
Users Flag! From india

516 likes received
273 likes given
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassali.abdi View Post
Hi Becky,

Why is the Indian passport has those details?
Kenyan passports do not have things like that. Your names, date of births, place of births, date of issue, expiry date, issuing authority on those details.
Even the marital status is not there.
Hey Hassan,

We even have the name of parents at the back page of our passports. From what I understand passports should have the details that CANNOT be changed under normal or any circumstance. Things that you mentioned in your post should be the only things that should appear.

I guess that's how our government make money. Every time someone moves to a new house, or gets divorced (which in today's society is very common) the passport holder MUST apply for a re-issue and pay the fees and wait for 2-3 months for their passport or even longer sometimes. Absolute BS!!
There is nothing we can do about it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassali.abdi View Post
Visa label free!

I want to bring in another issue. That is VISA LABEL FREE language which is currently in the system is a bit unclear to me. The AHC in Nairobi says that any visa applicant does not need visa to labeled in their passports. The visa is electronically linked to the passport and stored in the system. Governments, Airline staffs and organizations in Australia have access to the visa and can confirm the kind of visa a person has and its validity.

Anybody with those information in detail?
I can't really remember when, but it's been a while since Australia implemented the label-free visa. Although the visa will be linked to our passport, the visa holder MUST carry a printed copy of their visa grant letter with them when travelling. Sometime the airlines do request to see the visa letter and also the immigration counter of your country's airport could also request it.
When I moved to Australia for the first time in 2008 on a student visa, I didn't have a visa label. The immigration authorities at the New Delhi International Airport looked at me weird when they didn't find the label in my passport and gave me a "are you crazy, where is your visa" look. I thought that they would be up-to-date with such information, I later upon their requested handed over my grant letter to the officer. There was no drama whatsoever. They just looked confused....LOL

Once you arrive in Australia, the officers at the immigration counters know what to do, they are very welcoming and polite, you just have to hand over your passport to them and they do what they need to do, take the airline declaration slip that each passenger needs to fill out before landing and declare if they have anything that needs to be declared to the customs/quarantine (forgot what it's called) and stamp your passport upon "arrival". Not sure if they still stamp the passport upon arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassali.abdi View Post
From your situation Becky, if your current passport has been already scanned by the AHC, and they have the photocopy of it, don't you think that they might have already linked your current passport with the visa that is going to be granted to you? If so, did you informed the AHC that you are changing your previous passport and expecting a new updated one?


Sorry If am out of topic but I felt to share this with you guys.

Good luck all!!!!!
Hassan
Yes!! I have informed my case officer, she is holding back my file until I provide a new Indian PCC, which I'll be able to apply for only after I get my re-issued passport. Once I send her my new PCC, hopefully then she will forward my file to the final queue.

So my passport application is causing my visa to delay, it's all connected and so I can't take a short cut Just have to sit and WAIT!!! I hate waiting...been waiting since December 2012 for this visa.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Kind Regards,
Becky

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.


Applied: Australian High Commission, New Delhi
Application Received by AHC: July 22, 2013
Visa Grant Date:October 16, 2014
Eligibility Date: July 22, 2015
Subclass 100 Submission: August 08, 2015
PR Grant Date: December 08, 2015
Citizenship Eligibility: October 20, 2018

Last edited by Becky26; 08-03-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 02:00 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky26 View Post
As online partner applications were opened to the offshore applicants on December 9, 2013 the whole process is a ginormous MYSTERY I have not come across any offshore online application that is being processed.
*** Offshore online applicants please share your experiences with us. Thanks!


7. A new rule that has been implemented relating to Indian PCC is that the Passport Seva Kendras (PSK) will now be asking for the case officer's request letter requesting Indian PCC before they issue one. I'm not sure if this rule has been implemented in each and every PSK in India. It is a very new rule.
I have attached the format of the Indian PCC issued by the PSK.

8. Another major hurdle that many applicants face is that of adding the name of their spouse in their passport(s).
Many PSK don't require the applicants to go for the passport re-issue but some do. In that case the applicant must get their passport re-issued before they apply for a PCC. The PSK won't issue you the PCC unless you get your passport updated.
Hi Becky,

Thanks for sharing this valuable information

1. Online applications : I have heard some applicants getting direct visa grants emails itself (assuming no complications in the application) and some do get contacted by the Case officers. As for offshore application, I am also waiting for a CO to be allocated for my wife's application. I hope the AHC, New Delhi has sufficient staff and trained people to look at online applications as per their date of lodgement. Paper or Online, every application must be given equal attention to be fair on everyone

2. From what I have read from other people's experience, the employees at the PSK may ask for the 'proof' of visa lodgement e.g. Acknowledgement etc. The rule you mentioned above, is that happening at the PSK you applied under or most PSK in New Delhi

3. I called up the regional passport office (RK Puram, Delhi) and they advised that the spouse name is not mandatory to be added in order to obtain the PCC. Infact, the PCC will be granted without police verification if passport was issued within 1 year of us requesting for PCC.

All the best

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
All the best to everyone


Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Becky26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,410
Users Flag! From india

516 likes received
273 likes given
Smile Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2014 View Post
Hi Becky,

Thanks for sharing this valuable information

1. Online applications : I have heard some applicants getting direct visa grants emails itself (assuming no complications in the application) and some do get contacted by the Case officers. As for offshore application, I am also waiting for a CO to be allocated for my wife's application. I hope the AHC, New Delhi has sufficient staff and trained people to look at online applications as per their date of lodgement. Paper or Online, every application must be given equal attention to be fair on everyone

2. From what I have read from other people's experience, the employees at the PSK may ask for the 'proof' of visa lodgement e.g. Acknowledgement etc. The rule you mentioned above, is that happening at the PSK you applied under or most PSK in New Delhi

3. I called up the regional passport office (RK Puram, Delhi) and they advised that the spouse name is not mandatory to be added in order to obtain the PCC. Infact, the PCC will be granted without police verification if passport was issued within 1 year of us requesting for PCC.

All the best
Hey jimmy2014,

Thank you for your informative reply.

1. Please do share with us when you know something regarding your online application. I'm very eager to know how AHC New Delhi will be processing the. Good Luck!!

2. Many people try to get their Indian PCC done before lodging their application in the hope to avoid any kind of delays that accompanies this process. I got my PCC from VFS in Australia so that I didn't have to waste time running around in offices in India.

With the new rule being implemented, I guess the applicants will have to wait till they lodge their visa applications and get an acknowledgement letter from AHC to apply for a PCC.

3. My PSK in Ghaziabad, not in New Delhi. Hence the difference in rules!
It IS mandatory for applicants whose passports were issued by RPO Ghaziabad to get the name of their spouse added to their passport. I also needed to update my residential address. The PSK won't even allow the applicant to enter the office unless the passport has the correct and updated information and is told to get the passport re-issued and then the PCC will be issued.

One thing that cross checks is that the PSK will issue the PCC on the same day as application if the passport has updated and correct information.

Thanks again for your post. Good Luck!!

Kind Regards,
Becky

__________________
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.


Applied: Australian High Commission, New Delhi
Application Received by AHC: July 22, 2013
Visa Grant Date:October 16, 2014
Eligibility Date: July 22, 2015
Subclass 100 Submission: August 08, 2015
PR Grant Date: December 08, 2015
Citizenship Eligibility: October 20, 2018

Last edited by Becky26; 08-04-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky26 View Post
Hey jimmy2014,

Thank you for your informative reply.

1. Please do share with us when you know something regarding your online application. I'm very eager to know how AHC New Delhi will be processing the. Good Luck!!

2. Many people try to get their Indian PCC done before lodging their application in the hope to avoid any kind of delays that accompanies this process. I got my PCC from VFS in Australia so that I didn't have to waste time running around in offices in India.

With the new rule being implemented, I guess the applicants will have to wait till they lodge their visa applications and get an acknowledgement letter from AHC to apply for a PCC.

3. My PSK in Ghaziabad, not in New Delhi. Hence the difference in rules!
It IS mandatory for applicants whose passports were issued by RPO Ghaziabad to get the name of their spouse added to their passport. I also needed to update my residential address. The PSK won't even allow the applicant to enter the office unless the passport has the correct and updated information and is told to get the passport re-issued and then the PCC will be issued.

One thing that cross checks is that the PSK will issue the PCC on the same day as application if the passport has updated and correct information.

Thanks again for your post. Good Luck!!

Kind Regards,
Becky
Hi Becky,

Would please you mind telling me how much time did it take for you to get the PCC done in Australia ?

Oh ok.. looks like each PSK have their own set of rules which is strange and only cause delays for applicants. Nonetheless, I hope your new passport and PCC can sorted soon

Will keep you posted about our experience regarding PCC and also online applications.

__________________
All the best to everyone


Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Becky26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,410
Users Flag! From india

516 likes received
273 likes given
Thumbs up Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2014 View Post
Hi Becky,

Would please you mind telling me how much time did it take for you to get the PCC done in Australia ?

Oh ok.. looks like each PSK have their own set of rules which is strange and only cause delays for applicants. Nonetheless, I hope your new passport and PCC can sorted soon

Will keep you posted about our experience regarding PCC and also online applications.
Hey jimmy2014,

My PCC took 7 working days. I think it was $55 roughly, can't remember their exact fees it's been a while. The VFS office in Brisbane processes applications pretty quickly. My husband got his Indian 6- months tourist visa approved in 4 days

Thank you for your kind wishes
Hope things work out for you very soon. Good Luck!!

Kind Regards,
Becky

__________________
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.


Applied: Australian High Commission, New Delhi
Application Received by AHC: July 22, 2013
Visa Grant Date:October 16, 2014
Eligibility Date: July 22, 2015
Subclass 100 Submission: August 08, 2015
PR Grant Date: December 08, 2015
Citizenship Eligibility: October 20, 2018

Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 09:58 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,031
Users Flag! From usa

4418 likes received
6267 likes given
Totally off-topic:

I had to get a new (US) passport, too, Becky, to get my new (married) name on it. Got it in the mail today - I still get excited to see my new surname on things, haha. So happy.

I get to call Immi tomorrow re: my new last name and new passport number. Fun times.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,070
Users Flag! From australia

3636 likes received
1141 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Totally off-topic:

I had to get a new (US) passport, too, Becky, to get my new (married) name on it. Got it in the mail today - I still get excited to see my new surname on things, haha. So happy.

I get to call Immi tomorrow re: my new last name and new passport number. Fun times.
Congrats! That was fast. When my passport got stolen o/s it took just under 2 weeks for the new standard one to come from Australia.

I am umming if I change my passport with married name. I love my passport because of all the visa stamps for Egypt lol but hate the photo haha. On the plus side it is free.

Interesting trivia for you. My husband never has to ring immi to update his passport number because they have a passport number for life they just get a new passport with new expiry date.

CollegeGirl likes this.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
309/100 spouse visa from Australian High Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan? pollygoh2002 Visas and immigration 225 09-17-2018 03:58 AM
Partner Visa - Delhi High Commission - Timeline Final Decision Subodh Visas and immigration 2 02-28-2015 05:26 AM
Tourist visa refused at the Australian High Commission Singapore Franconian Visas and immigration 0 11-17-2012 03:17 PM
Spouse Visa application moved to Australian High commission in Abhudhabi mastbaadshah007 Visas and immigration 1 05-09-2011 06:17 AM
High Risk Country, Offshore Visa 309 and 100, with child questions noysee Visas and immigration 5 09-01-2010 02:01 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com