Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   Partner Visa (309/100) Timeline from India- Australian High Commission New Delhi (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/80194-partner-visa-309-100-timeline-india-australian-high-commission-new-delhi.html)

Becky26 08-04-2014 11:16 AM

Congratulations!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeGirl (Post 543402)
Totally off-topic:

I had to get a new (US) passport, too, Becky, to get my new (married) name on it. :) Got it in the mail today - I still get excited to see my new surname on things, haha. :) So happy. :)

I get to call Immi tomorrow re: my new last name and new passport number. Fun times. ;)

Hahaha!! I know we are very off-topic, sorry :p:p

I haven't changed my maiden name and am not going to, personal choice :D I don't think changing maiden name to married name is necessary for immigration, or IS IT? :confused::confused:

Funny thing is that I still had to apply for a re-issue to add the name of my husband. Does US passport have "Name of Spouse" column in it?
If no, then you wouldn't have had to get a new passport. It was cause of change of maiden name to married name :)

Congratulations on getting a new passport with your married name :D
Good Luck with calling Immigration.
Please do share your experience with us. I'm interested to know how the change of details happens as the visa is linked to the passport :)
Hope everything goes well for you.

Kind Regards,
Becky

Mish 08-04-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky26 (Post 543450)
I haven't changed my maiden name and am not going to, personal choice :D I don't think that changing name is necessary for immigration, or IS IT? :confused::confused:

You wouldn't think so. Some cultures don't change their maiden name because you belong to your father not your husband (if that makes sense).

Becky26 08-04-2014 11:27 AM

Thanks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mish (Post 543466)
You wouldn't think so. Some cultures don't change their maiden name because you belong to your father not your husband (if that makes sense).

Well, as per Indian culture all girls (as soon as married) change their surname. My husband never had any issues with my decision of not changing my surname :D:D
I just hope that immigration doesn't have any issues with my decision.

And YES! I do belong to my father :D:D Always and forever..hehehe

Thanks for the quick response Mish!

Kind Regards,
Becky

CollegeGirl 08-04-2014 11:37 AM

I have a very unfortunate surname (you'd laugh if you knew), and I was raised by my mother and her family (so everyone in the family I knew had my mom's maiden name). When my mom remarried, she had her new husband's name - so I've been the only one in my family with this surname for over a decade now. My parents divorced when I was very small, and I never knew my father (he unfortunately wasn't worth knowing). My mom used to take me to visit his mother (my grandmother) each Christmas after they divorced, but one year she had just moved and left no forwarding address. Never heard from anyone on that side ever again. So very happy to be rid of the last thing that tied me to that family. I am very, very excited to get to change my name! :) Plus this new surname is much less awful, hahaha.

CollegeGirl 08-04-2014 11:39 AM

And I wish the US passport had been free - it was like $150 to get a new one (and yes, Becky, just needed a new one because of the name change. :)). And no, it's not required at all to change your last name - many people don't nowadays. :)

Becky26 08-04-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeGirl (Post 543554)
I have a very unfortunate surname (you'd laugh if you knew), and I was raised by my mother and her family (so everyone in the family I knew had my mom's maiden name). When my mom remarried, she had her new husband's name - so I've been the only one in my family with this surname for over a decade now. My parents divorced when I was very small, and I never knew my father (he unfortunately wasn't worth knowing). My mom used to take me to visit his mother (my grandmother) each Christmas after they divorced, but one year she had just moved and left no forwarding address. Never heard from anyone on that side ever again. So very happy to be rid of the last thing that tied me to that family. I am very, very excited to get to change my name! :) Plus this new surname is much less awful, hahaha.

Now you can enjoy the sound off your new surname...hehehe
Happy for you :D

Becky26 08-04-2014 11:46 AM

Good Luck!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeGirl (Post 543562)
And I wish the US passport had been free - it was like $150 to get a new one (and yes, Becky, just needed a new one because of the name change. :)). And no, it's not required at all to change your last name - many people don't nowadays. :)

Ouch!! Expensive :eek::eek:

Thanks for your reply. A bit relieved now ;);)
Good Luck for tomorrow :D:D

Kind Regards,
Becky

Mish 08-04-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeGirl (Post 543562)
And I wish the US passport had been free - it was like $150 to get a new one (and yes, Becky, just needed a new one because of the name change. :)). And no, it's not required at all to change your last name - many people don't nowadays. :)

Atleast cheaper than I paid to get my new passport when overseas. From memory was about $300 (fee for cancelation of passport + new passport).

Becky26 08-05-2014 10:20 AM

Offshore Online Partner Visa Applications Lodged at AHC New Delhi
 
UPDATE

Offshore online partner visa application from India (Date of Application- December 24, 2013) has been allocated a case officer today, after 224 days since application. That is the first online application (that I know of) that has been allocated a case officer.

Hopefully the whole mystery of online applications will be revealed soon ;);)
I will post back once get more information.
Good Luck to everyone!!

Kind Regards,
Becky

TheCoolKoala 08-05-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy2014 (Post 542889)
Hi Becky,

Thanks for sharing this valuable information :)

1. Online applications : I have heard some applicants getting direct visa grants emails itself (assuming no complications in the application) and some do get contacted by the Case officers. As for offshore application, I am also waiting for a CO to be allocated for my wife's application. I hope the AHC, New Delhi has sufficient staff and trained people to look at online applications as per their date of lodgement. Paper or Online, every application must be given equal attention to be fair on everyone :o

2. From what I have read from other people's experience, the employees at the PSK may ask for the 'proof' of visa lodgement e.g. Acknowledgement etc. The rule you mentioned above, is that happening at the PSK you applied under or most PSK in New Delhi :confused:

3. I called up the regional passport office (RK Puram, Delhi) and they advised that the spouse name is not mandatory to be added in order to obtain the PCC. Infact, the PCC will be granted without police verification if passport was issued within 1 year of us requesting for PCC.

All the best :)

I had almost no contact with the CO, just 2 emails. I think if you match all criteria to get the visa, your case is straightforward, and will be processed as described in the official procedures by the DIBP. If you can provide all requested evidence, you should not worry too much. In my case, everything was done by email, including when granting my stage 2 visa.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com