VISA Skilled Independent 175 how to

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

VISA Skilled Independent 175 how to


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
VISA Skilled Independent 175 how to

Hi all,

I have plans to apply skilled independent visa 175 and there are some things that make me confused now.

1. Do we have to submit the original document (eg original passport) when filing a visa?
2. The certificate of employment from our company whether there should be a special format appropriate to DIAC regulations?
3. How do we pay for our application in addition to using credit cards?
4. As already get PR, if we are allowed to wait until get working first before full migration to Australia?
5. How AUD costs that must be prepared to complete the application for 3 person, me, my wife and my son?

Thanks you for help me.

regards
win


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
If you have a detailed read of the visa all sections info including all the links you will find all the answers to your queries including cost of the visa being $2575 at the moment and that would cover your wife and child and an extra fee required only if their english was not of the appropriate standard, details on that with the visa info too.

When granted a visa, it will have an initial enter by date which you need to do to validate the visa and then it'll be good for five years.





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
If you have a detailed read of the visa all sections info including all the links you will find all the answers to your queries including cost of the visa being $2575 at the moment and that would cover your wife and child and an extra fee required only if their english was not of the appropriate standard, details on that with the visa info too.

When granted a visa, it will have an initial enter by date which you need to do to validate the visa and then it'll be good for five years.
Hi Wanderer, thanks you for the explanation,

If I lodge the application before my wife pregnancy, then once the application approved and my wife give birth after that, how about new child born? Whether will effect to my PR or not? Whether the child automatically go to get PR or not? Or I need to pay some cost again?

Thank you
win


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
If a visa application is still being processed you will be able to add a new born as another secondary applicant, however if the application processing has resulted in a visa already having been granted prior to the birth you will need to submit a child visa application.
Depending on when a birth is expected, you can do things like not putting in your police checks or medical examination results with the application and so may have sufficient control to ensure birth occurs while an application is still being granted.
A 175 application processing can take all of 12 months or more.





  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
If a visa application is still being processed you will be able to add a new born as another secondary applicant, however if the application processing has resulted in a visa already having been granted prior to the birth you will need to submit a child visa application.
Depending on when a birth is expected, you can do things like not putting in your police checks or medical examination results with the application and so may have sufficient control to ensure birth occurs while an application is still being granted.
A 175 application processing can take all of 12 months or more.
Hi Wanderer,

Thanks so much for the answer , so it's means that I need to submit the child application when my Visa granted before the child born.
Is it will taking 12 month period or more too for child visa application?
For each 5 years we need to extend our PR, do we need medical examination, police clearance, visa application again?

Thanks
Win


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
You will need to allow several to six months for a child visa if it is necessary that you have to apply for one.
Once you have PR and if you have moved to and settled in Australia, you do not need to apply for another visa after five years unless you plan on taking a trip abroad and then you would apply for a Residents Return Visa, a much simpler application only taking a few weeks to be processed if not less time.
Alternately, if you have applied for and received citizenship, you then get an Australian passport and so do not need a visa for re-entering.





  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You will need to allow several to six months for a child visa if it is necessary that you have to apply for one.
Once you have PR and if you have moved to and settled in Australia, you do not need to apply for another visa after five years unless you plan on taking a trip abroad and then you would apply for a Residents Return Visa, a much simpler application only taking a few weeks to be processed if not less time.
Alternately, if you have applied for and received citizenship, you then get an Australian passport and so do not need a visa for re-entering.
Hi Wanderer,

So it's means for example,
On 1st July 2011 the visa application for me and my wife lodge and processing and my wife not yet pregnant.
On 1st June 2012 my child born
On 1st August 2012 my application approved
It's need to lodge my child document before 1st August 2012 ?
I only get 6 months to go to Australia first time when already get PR, then what about the status of my child if born before the PR approved?

for second example,
On 1st July 2011 the visa application for me and my wife lodge and processing and my wife not yet pregnant.
On 1st August 2012 my application approved
On 1st September 2012 my child born
It's still need to lodge my child document after 1st September 2012 ?
or, if my wife should give birth in Australia?

Thanks and regards
Win


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
You can apply whatever dates to the regulations and come up with various scenarios but the basic rule as I have stated is if you have a new dependant and your visa is still being processed, add the dependant to it and if you do not and a visa is granted you will need to apply for a child visa.
If a child is born in Australia to PR parents, then citizenship can be applied for
Australian Citizenship – Current citizens





  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You can apply whatever dates to the regulations and come up with various scenarios but the basic rule as I have stated is if you have a new dependant and your visa is still being processed, add the dependant to it and if you do not and a visa is granted you will need to apply for a child visa.
If a child is born in Australia to PR parents, then citizenship can be applied for
Australian Citizenship – Current citizens
Hi Wanderer,

Noted, I am understand now. thanks so much for your time.

Thanks & Regards
Win


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VISA Subclass - Skilled Independent 175 or 885 jyotikhtr Visas and immigration 1 06-05-2011 12:47 PM
Skilled Independent Visa jponcen Visas and immigration 4 05-03-2011 07:57 PM
Need assistance in lodging skilled independent visa jasper2011 Visas and immigration 2 02-22-2011 08:56 PM
skilled 175 independent visa.... sohit Visas and immigration 9 05-19-2010 04:27 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com