Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room - Page 120

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree855Likes

Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room - Page 120


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1191 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 06:31 AM
F88 F88 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 51
Users Flag! From iraq

5 likes received
Guys i need your help my partner in not working he wants to learn english wehave baby 3months old and i am taking care of her so I receive payment frim centerlink i get parenting payment support is that ok will that effect my partner permanent visa subclass100 if we right hes not working


Reply With Quote
  #1192 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 01:34 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 48
Users Flag! From uk

4 likes received
22 likes given
Received the email today that my 309/100 visa has been approved!

Submitted the application on November 6th 2017 so that's just a little bit over 2 months processing time. No contact from immigration after application submitted apart from acknowledgement of the application.

Applied in the UK so through the London embassy, and submitted my police check and medical ASAP after the application was sent in. My partner (the sponsor) also submitted her part of the application within 1-2 weeks after I submitted mine.

I met my Australian partner when we were both in Fiji back in February 2014, and she moved to Scotland a couple months later on an ancestry visa and has been here since so we've been together around 3.5 years so thankfully I have gone straight the permanent residency visa.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has about the application process, I have received so much help on this forum so thank you everyone.

Island Girl and mchris33 like this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #1193 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 03:37 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 35
Users Flag! From canada

9 likes received
2 likes given
Hi all,

New here. Congratulations Keiller!!! Great to see you got through so fast.

Me (Irish-applicant) and my gf (aussie sponsor) are in the process of getting our documents together at the mo. Been with each other since summer 2014, living with each other since June 2015. The problem we have is with our living situation for much of that time. We were living with housemates to reduce our expenses. I believe that won't be a problem if we were to explain that to a CO.
However, we were paying our rent in cash and our bills were being paid by a housemate whom we would then pay cash to. We did have a joint account for this time but unfortunately it had very little activity over this time as we were using our own accounts.She is on that lease from June 2015 with me (and another housemate). We have tons of pics from trips we did together and with each others families and weddings etc but very little in the way of financial responsibility.
We moved in with each other in March of last year and since then much of this has changed. We have lots of activity on our joint account, have bills (in our own names but addressed to the same address) and have our own lease together.
I realise there's a lot of information here and thank you to anyone who has read up to this point already. I'm wondering if we have enough to apply now or should we wait for a few more months? As I'm sure is the case with the rest of you, we're both super keen to get moving on the process due to the lengthy timelines.

keiller84 likes this.

Last edited by Fenster; 01-17-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1194 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 06:27 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 48
Users Flag! From uk

4 likes received
22 likes given
Thanks Fenster!

I see what you mean in terms of financial responsibility but I think you could explain that in the written parts of the application that ask about that side of things. Include things like the confirmation of opening your joint account and a couple of statements from it highlighting what certain payments were for - and even include a couple of your own personal statements highlighting payments that were for joint activities or purchases.

We ended up getting 4 x Statutory Declarations from friends/family in Australia and also 4 x from family/friends in the UK. One of your UK ones could be from the housemates you lived with as not only can they vouch for you having been in a committed relationship, but they can also state that you were paying them rent etc.

On top of that you will also have joint bank account activity from March last year so a couple statements in that time as well would be recommended, again highlighting a couple of payments on each just to say what they were for. I did this using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Photoshop to edit the PDF of the statement and add in little yellow boxes next to certain payments with a fuller description (i.e. rent, takeaway, meal out, tickets to cinema).

Pics from trips together also seems like a critical part and I ended up with two separate PDFs of that sort of stuff; one that was 20 pages (3-4 photos to a page) in date order just showing major events and time spent with friends/on holiday and stuff like that. The other PDF of photos was screenshots of Facebook posts for big events during our relationship.

Hope that's all helpful and from what you are saying you already have evidence wise, I would just go ahead and get it all together now.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #1195 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 06:32 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 35
Users Flag! From canada

9 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiller84 View Post
Thanks Fenster!

I see what you mean in terms of financial responsibility but I think you could explain that in the written parts of the application that ask about that side of things. Include things like the confirmation of opening your joint account and a couple of statements from it highlighting what certain payments were for - and even include a couple of your own personal statements highlighting payments that were for joint activities or purchases.

We ended up getting 4 x Statutory Declarations from friends/family in Australia and also 4 x from family/friends in the UK. One of your UK ones could be from the housemates you lived with as not only can they vouch for you having been in a committed relationship, but they can also state that you were paying them rent etc.

On top of that you will also have joint bank account activity from March last year so a couple statements in that time as well would be recommended, again highlighting a couple of payments on each just to say what they were for. I did this using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Photoshop to edit the PDF of the statement and add in little yellow boxes next to certain payments with a fuller description (i.e. rent, takeaway, meal out, tickets to cinema).

Pics from trips together also seems like a critical part and I ended up with two separate PDFs of that sort of stuff; one that was 20 pages (3-4 photos to a page) in date order just showing major events and time spent with friends/on holiday and stuff like that. The other PDF of photos was screenshots of Facebook posts for big events during our relationship.

Hope that's all helpful and from what you are saying you already have evidence wise, I would just go ahead and get it all together now.
Thanks so much for your reply Keiller. Absolutely huge help!!!!

keiller84 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1196 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2018, 01:25 AM
F88 F88 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 51
Users Flag! From iraq

5 likes received
Hey keiller i think i have same situation as fenster my partner and i we have opend up a new joint account recently coz they told me you meed it for your partner visa 100 and we still waiting for the card but eachone us have own account and we both use thm together and for rentwe also pay cash. We also do have photos together plus witnesses about our relationship i also want to tell you that my partner is not working he wants to learn english we have a little baby girl 3 minths old and now and now im taking care of her so I receive parenting payments support. My question is will affect his visa 100 if hes not working plus the joint account is it ok that we opend it recently. I really appreciate you help


Reply With Quote
  #1197 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2018, 01:26 AM
F88 F88 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 51
Users Flag! From iraq

5 likes received
Sorry for my english


Reply With Quote
  #1198 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Users Flag! From pakistan

We have recently submitted 309/100 application while my wife living in Australia and I am living in Pakistan. We used the online service and submitted everything we could have think of including Police Certificate and Medical. Just wondering how long should it take?


Reply With Quote
  #1199 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2018, 03:00 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshansabri View Post
We have recently submitted 309/100 application while my wife living in Australia and I am living in Pakistan. We used the online service and submitted everything we could have think of including Police Certificate and Medical. Just wondering how long should it take?
I can't post a link for some reason so try this. Google "dibp processing times" and open the first search result. Look for the 309 visa processing times there. These are updated every month and are fairly accurate.

I have had a few acquaintances apply from Pakistan recently and for most of them it took 9 to 13 months. Anecdotally it takes longer for Pakistani men than women but with some luck, it should still be within the above time frames.


Reply With Quote
  #1200 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2018, 01:38 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Users Flag! From pakistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_ View Post
I can't post a link for some reason so try this. Google "dibp processing times" and open the first search result. Look for the 309 visa processing times there. These are updated every month and are fairly accurate.

I have had a few acquaintances apply from Pakistan recently and for most of them it took 9 to 13 months. Anecdotally it takes longer for Pakistani men than women but with some luck, it should still be within the above time frames.
Thanks Andy,

I have been checking the processing time on DIBP website. I am looking for people experiences who have probably similar case and how long it took them to get a reply. You kind of did answer my question too.

Currently DIBP website showing 11 to 16 months. My wife has 2 kids from first marriage and they are 5 and 11, could that make any difference and count in compassionate ground? btw her x husband is not living in Australia too so she is kind of raising kids on her own.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
309/100 offshore partner visa KomalAujla Visas and immigration 50 12-07-2016 02:45 AM
Subclass 309 / 100 offshore partner visa laurah1302 Visas and immigration 4 04-05-2014 08:35 PM
Offshore Partner visa 309/100 Vshah Visas and immigration 2 09-30-2013 09:27 AM
Offshore Partner Visa Final Checks 309 / 100 yourfriendkyle Visas and immigration 2 08-09-2012 10:14 AM
Medical Assessment Offshore 309/100 'Partner' visa Rygen Visas and immigration 4 11-23-2011 06:12 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com