Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/80537-offshore-partner-visa-309-100-waiting-room.html)

WendyB 12-22-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cec2725 (Post 706930)
I'm so sorry for your loss WendyB! Which number are you going to call? I have some questions to ask them too! Thanks

Thanks C.
The number I found was for the offices in Calgary. I went to the immi site and searched for "Americas service center". Does that sound right, IndyMama?

IndyMama 12-22-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WendyB (Post 707434)
Thanks C. The number I found was for the offices in Calgary. I went to the immi site and searched for "Americas service center". Does that sound right, IndyMama?

Yep that's the one

WendyB 12-23-2014 01:49 AM

My thanks to the kind woman that helped me.

armedup 12-23-2014 05:06 AM

Application submitted, now the waiting game. As it is Xmas.

underg 12-23-2014 05:45 AM

My beautiful partner applied today for 309 while on holiday in Ireland. Received latter of acknowledgement. About to upload attachments tonight.

Now we play the waiting game...

Brissygirl 01-06-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharyny (Post 695649)
no we applied offshore in the US .. We're living in australia my husband is on a ETA right now, and leaves every 3 months then comes back ...

Hi
Just wondering if you've had any problems with your spouse returning after 3 months. We are in a somewhat similar situation from what I've read. We are Australian, my husband is Italian but we live in Canada as PR's. We have two kids, but we've also been married 24 years (plenty of docs and photos to support).

We do NOT want to be separated. We lodged our app July 2014, got PC's and medicals done by 31 July. In progress since. We thought we would have it by Christmas and no longer want to wait to leave. We know he can't work and will have to leave after three months.

Question is ... any probs with coming an going. We were going to get one way tickets but is it best for him to get a return even if he doesn't use it? (he would not return to Canada but maybe buy another return to/from NZ)

Any advice (although every immigration person at entry is different) would be appreciated.

Good luck to all - waiting is the pits !

cec2725 01-06-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brissygirl (Post 720617)
Hi Just wondering if you've had any problems with your spouse returning after 3 months. We are in a somewhat similar situation from what I've read. We are Australian, my husband is Italian but we live in Canada as PR's. We have two kids, but we've also been married 24 years (plenty of docs and photos to support). We do NOT want to be separated. We lodged our app July 2014, got PC's and medicals done by 31 July. In progress since. We thought we would have it by Christmas and no longer want to wait to leave. We know he can't work and will have to leave after three months. Question is ... any probs with coming an going. We were going to get one way tickets but is it best for him to get a return even if he doesn't use it? (he would not return to Canada but maybe buy another return to/from NZ) Any advice (although every immigration person at entry is different) would be appreciated. Good luck to all - waiting is the pits !

Hi,
I am in a very similar situation. Married with 2 kids, we live in the US. Not married for as long ("only" 5 years, lol). I applied on October 2, 2014 and we are moving to Australia on February 2.
I am requesting a tourist visa, subclass 600 because they last longer than the ETA (up to 12 months). I am not byuing a return ticket, we are very upfront about our intentions, and put in my appiication that I am only applying for this visa so I can accompany my husband and 2 little kids (4 months and 3 years old) to Australia whilst waiting for my partner visa to be approved. I showed that I have sufficient funds so I don't have to work and we got my inlaws to write a statutoty dec because we are going to live with them (at the beginning).
I hope it works! Otherwise I am screwed. We are selling our house here and there is no way I'm going to be separated from my kids or my husband.

Brissygirl 01-06-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cec2725 (Post 720633)
Hi,
I am in a very similar situation. Married with 2 kids, we live in the US. Not married for as long ("only" 5 years, lol). I applied on October 2, 2014 and we are moving to Australia on February 2.
I am requesting a tourist visa, subclass 600 because they last longer than the ETA (up to 12 months). I am not byuing a return ticket, we are very upfront about our intentions, and put in my appiication that I am only applying for this visa so I can accompany my husband and 2 little kids (4 months and 3 years old) to Australia whilst waiting for my partner visa to be approved. I showed that I have sufficient funds so I don't have to work and we got my inlaws to write a statutoty dec because we are going to live with them (at the beginning).
I hope it works! Otherwise I am screwed. We are selling our house here and there is no way I'm going to be separated from my kids or my husband.

We sold our house in September but have two other properties to sell. We are living in one, but both are listed for sale (cross fingers). So we have sufficient funds.
Wanted kids to start school in the new year! They are 12 and 14.

We planned to leave Feb 4. With the ETA that means May 7 till he would have to leave. I thought about the 600 but reading that they may ask for a bond (sometimes $15k) put me off (not that we dont have the money)
But really, who would jeopardize their visa by not leaving or working illegally?

I'm thinking that when we advise our CO in writing that we are going (so IF its granted in the meantime we're advised properly) I will state that I intend to stay with the kids in Oz and await the decision. If its granted before May (which would be 10 months) he can leave for NZ and come back, if not, we may just have to cross that bridge when we come to it. He doesn't really want to return to Canada, and Italy is so far away.

They don't make it easy, that's for sure. When you're married with kids for so long you think its a no-brainer.

By the way, we are through Ottawa - now at 12 to 15 months.
I called and ran our situation past the person answering inquires (not my CO) and they put me on hold, looked up my file and spoke to my CO personally (apparently I don't warrant speaking to) They said it would be fine, reiterated that he would be a tourist visiting and couldn't work etc.

I even asked them if it would be better if he had a return ticket (I don't want to waste money but ...). They said it would be best to have a return as immigration may question a one-way. I also told them that we have no reason to be in Canada anymore as we sold our business and that my husband would return to Italy if need be. They were more than understanding, but of course, can't speed anything along.

Looks like we are a little ahead of you with CO assigned, police and medical all good by end of July. Keep me posted how you go.

CollegeGirl 01-07-2015 05:37 AM

Be careful. Immigration specifically say the point of a tourist visa (ETA or 600) is decidedly NOT to wait out the decision on a partner visa. I would NOT say that in your application. The key word is holiday/vacation... you want to be a tourist, using a tourist visa. If you get a particularly stringent CO, they can deny your application as "not a genuine tourist" because you said you want to wait out a partner visa application. Same goes when you're going through Immigration when you arrive in Australia - if you're on a holiday visa, you're there to holiday. End of.

AUSUSA8892 01-08-2015 01:31 AM

Collegegirl do you think its ok my partner has a one way ticket for march to Australia. We are hoping our visa will be approved by than as it will have been 8 months but if not he will come here to holiday for 3 months and than we will leave to NZ or bali for a holiday and come back and I think by than it will have been 11 months so it should have been approved. He doesn't have a return ticket but we have enough money to show that we can afford to travel wherever after his holiday here. What do you think?


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com