Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room - Page 255

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree868Likes

Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room - Page 255


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2541 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2019, 11:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 104
Users Flag! From uk

7 likes received
34 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
The 309 grants in May and Jun, for UK applicants giving details on this forum, have taken 2.7, 4.6 and 8.8 months.

The 100 grants in May took 1.6 and 0.5 months.
Thank you.

I am not sure if i should wait for a case officer to request that i go ahead and do my medical, or just do it and see how long it takes for decision to grant the visa?

From what i see on this forum, some people front load both police and medical and never hear from a case officer but are granted the visa, and some wait months and months, its a gamble really, doesnt seem to be any structure on the processing of this visa........ive been married nearly 20 years etc......so im hoping mine wont be too long!!


Reply With Quote
  #2542 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 299
Users Flag! From ghana

44 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiaherewecome! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
The 309 grants in May and Jun, for UK applicants giving details on this forum, have taken 2.7, 4.6 and 8.8 months.

The 100 grants in May took 1.6 and 0.5 months.
Thank you.


I am not sure if i should wait for a case officer to request that i go ahead and do my medical, or just do it and see how long it takes for decision to grant the visa?

From what i see on this forum, some people front load both police and medical and never hear from a case officer but are granted the visa, and some wait months and months, its a gamble really, doesnt seem to be any structure on the processing of this visa........ive been married nearly 20 years etc......so im hoping mine wont be too long!!



I will say go ahead and front load it.. its a gamble but it could be a sweet gamble at the end 🙂 nothing really is a gamble when ur significant other is in question. 🙂

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #2543 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2019, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 104
Users Flag! From uk

7 likes received
34 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock747 View Post
I will say go ahead and front load it.. its a gamble but it could be a sweet gamble at the end 🙂 nothing really is a gamble when ur significant other is in question. 🙂
Thank you.
I applied on 23rd May and although police checks have been done and uploaded for myself and my sponsor wife, status just says received, so if i do the medical very soon i wonder if we would still be waiting months down the line before the visa is granted. It seems to work for some and not for others, maybe it depends on which country one applies from.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2544 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2019, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 187
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiaherewecome! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock747 View Post
I will say go ahead and front load it.. its a gamble but it could be a sweet gamble at the end 🙂 nothing really is a gamble when ur significant other is in question. 🙂
Thank you.
I applied on 23rd May and although police checks have been done and uploaded for myself and my sponsor wife, status just says received, so if i do the medical very soon i wonder if we would still be waiting months down the line before the visa is granted. It seems to work for some and not for others, maybe it depends on which country one applies from.
I think it really does depend on country. I front-loaded my application from the US in September 2018, and haven’t heard anything yet. Am now getting annoyed I may have to spend another $1000 usd for police checks and medical.


Reply With Quote
  #2545 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2019, 12:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiaherewecome! View Post
maybe it depends on which country one applies from.
To some degree I am sure it does.

If you were from the US or Canada I would probably want to wait a while, but from the UK, maybe not wait too long??

2019 subclass 309 grants seen on this forum:

USA: 15 grants took between 10.9 months & 18.6 months
UK: 4 grants took between 2.7 months & 9.0 months
Canada: 10 grants took between 7.3 months & 18.4 months
Nepal: 2 grants took between 3.6 months & 23.4 months

Some might get delayed due to poor applications, others might be due to delays in overseas security checks etc.

The UK seems to stand out a bit faster.

I did see another from the UK. They applied in May 2018, with no medical, and were asked for the medical and police checks after 6 months, in November 2018. At February 2019, they still hadn't heard anything. They left the forum in March 2019, (10 months after they applied). No idea if they got the visa at that time or not.

From another source for UK applications:
Medicals not submitted with application, still waiting for grant:
309 app date: 29/10/18 Medicals requested after 5 months on 1/4/19
309 app date: 21/1/19 Medicals requested after 4 months on 24/5/19
309 app date: 9/2/19 still waiting to be asked for Medical

June Grants (medical submitted with application)
309 app date: 15/11/18 Granted 3/6/19 = 6.6 months
309 app date: 10/2/19 Granted 11/6/19 = 4.0 months


Reply With Quote
  #2546 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2019, 06:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Hi.
Date of application of 309 visa: 28th April 2019
Location: Sri Lanka

Any news from partner visa applicants from Sri Lanka


Reply With Quote
  #2547 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2019, 11:04 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From india

1 likes received
Hey guys need help!

I will be lodging an offshore partner visa soon after my marriage in India. I am currently in the Philippines and I just obtained my NBI clearance (PCC). I just thought that while I’m here I should get my PCC as it will be required.

However, the civil status on my NBI clearance shows single. At the time of lodging my application, do I need to apply for a new NBI from India to update my status from single to married?

Thanks!!


Reply With Quote
  #2548 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2019, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 104
Users Flag! From uk

7 likes received
34 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
To some degree I am sure it does.

If you were from the US or Canada I would probably want to wait a while, but from the UK, maybe not wait too long??

2019 subclass 309 grants seen on this forum:

USA: 15 grants took between 10.9 months & 18.6 months
UK: 4 grants took between 2.7 months & 9.0 months
Canada: 10 grants took between 7.3 months & 18.4 months
Nepal: 2 grants took between 3.6 months & 23.4 months

Some might get delayed due to poor applications, others might be due to delays in overseas security checks etc.

The UK seems to stand out a bit faster.

I did see another from the UK. They applied in May 2018, with no medical, and were asked for the medical and police checks after 6 months, in November 2018. At February 2019, they still hadn't heard anything. They left the forum in March 2019, (10 months after they applied). No idea if they got the visa at that time or not.

From another source for UK applications:
Medicals not submitted with application, still waiting for grant:
309 app date: 29/10/18 Medicals requested after 5 months on 1/4/19
309 app date: 21/1/19 Medicals requested after 4 months on 24/5/19
309 app date: 9/2/19 still waiting to be asked for Medical

June Grants (medical submitted with application)
309 app date: 15/11/18 Granted 3/6/19 = 6.6 months
309 app date: 10/2/19 Granted 11/6/19 = 4.0 months
If an application hasnt been front loaded with both medical and police checks then how does one know when the application would be looked at anyway?

If i arrange my medical now then i wouldnt know when the application will be looked at, i get the overall impression that front loaded applications seem to be looked at much quicker.


Reply With Quote
  #2549 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2019, 11:01 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 10
Please update your flag here .

Hi,
when you guys talk about the visa process time maybe depends on where the applicant comes from, does it mean the nationality which shown on passport or where the applicant currently lives?
I’m Chinese, living with my Aussie partner in New Zealand these two years, I submitted my application on 31st March 2019 in New Zealand. Should I refer to NZ’s branch process time?
My application’s status is further assessment, so do sponsor application. Though I know status might means nothing 😂


Reply With Quote
  #2550 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2019, 01:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee_77 View Post
Hi,
when you guys talk about the visa process time maybe depends on where the applicant comes from, does it mean the nationality which shown on passport or where the applicant currently lives?
Iím Chinese, living with my Aussie partner in New Zealand these two years, I submitted my application on 31st March 2019 in New Zealand. Should I refer to NZís branch process time?
My applicationís status is further assessment, so do sponsor application. Though I know status might means nothing 😂
I would guess NZ processing with the added complications of checks in China.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
309/100 offshore partner visa KomalAujla Visas and immigration 50 12-07-2016 02:45 AM
Subclass 309 / 100 offshore partner visa laurah1302 Visas and immigration 4 04-05-2014 08:35 PM
Offshore Partner visa 309/100 Vshah Visas and immigration 2 09-30-2013 09:27 AM
Offshore Partner Visa Final Checks 309 / 100 yourfriendkyle Visas and immigration 2 08-09-2012 10:14 AM
Medical Assessment Offshore 309/100 'Partner' visa Rygen Visas and immigration 4 11-23-2011 06:12 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com