Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room - Page 434

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree855Likes

Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room - Page 434


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #4331 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2020, 05:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy123 View Post
Please share the May, June, July figures when you get it.
I hope they dont wait till the pandemic is over to grant visas because it will take 1 more year.
While waiting for the numbers..

Some actual 309 offshore processing times:
Grant Date:
May 2020.
309 Finalised after 11.8 months. Passport: USA. Processed at: ?.

June 2020.
309 Finalised after 2.8 months. Passport: UK. Processed at: ?.
309 Finalised after 10.4 months. Passport: UK. Processed at: UK.
309 Finalised after 11.3 months. Passport: UK. Processed at: UK.
309 Finalised after 13.2 months. Passport: China. Processed at: ?

July 2020.
309 Finalised after 14.2 months. Passport: India. Processed at: Pretoria .

August 2020.
309 Finalised after 8.8 months. Passport: UK. Processed at: New Zealand.
309 Finalised after 11.8 months. Passport: . Processed at: China Guangzhou.

Compared to Onshore 820's

May 2020.
820 Finalised after 12.2 months, from Indonesia.
820 Finalised after 13.2 months, from UK.
820 Finalised after 13.5 months, from Japan.
820 Finalised after 16.7 months, from ?.
820 Finalised after 17.7 months, from ?.
820 Finalised after 18.5 months, from Singapore.
820 Finalised after 23.6 months, from ?.
820 Finalised after 24.3 months, from UK.

June 2020.
820 Finalised after 3.9 months, from ?.
820 Finalised after 4.6 months, from USA.
820 Finalised after 12.1 months, from Hungary.
820 Finalised after 14.9 months, from Philippines.
820 Finalised after 17.4 months, from Solomon Islands.
820 Finalised after 18.7 months, from ?.
820 Finalised after 18.9 months, from UK.
820 Finalised after 20.6 months, from UK.

July
820 Finalised after 11 months, from ?.
820 Finalised after 11.3 months, from ?.
820 Finalised after 19 months, from Indonesia.
820 Finalised after 22.7 months, from Papua New Guinea.

August
820 Finalised after 7.7 months, from Indonesia.

More onshore ones were granted, (72% of the ones I have seen), but already being onshore makes it easier, with no travel needed. However: The 309s averaged 11 months processing times, while the 820s averaged 15 months.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #4332 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 11:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 311
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
sorry to bother you but I am concerned about how covid 19 affects the situation as I am an aussie citizen in UK and wish to return next year and my foreign fiancee will apply for a PMV . As I understand it , only OZ citizens can return at present and most are "bumped off" plane if they do not upgrade to business class costing about $30,000 . So have immigration dept given an indefinite extension for visa holders like you to return as that would be fair but right wing governments are not know for being fair or doing anything morally sound ? ( wry smile ) ,. hoping you will comment as I am puzzled after talking to my daughter in W.A who told me about the limited quarantine places and the "bumping off" .


Reply With Quote
  #4333 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
sorry to bother you but I am concerned about how covid 19 affects the situation as I am an aussie citizen in UK and wish to return next year and my foreign fiancee will apply for a PMV . As I understand it , only OZ citizens can return at present and most are "bumped off" plane if they do not upgrade to business class costing about $30,000 . So have immigration dept given an indefinite extension for visa holders like you to return as that would be fair but right wing governments are not know for being fair or doing anything morally sound ? ( wry smile ) ,. hoping you will comment as I am puzzled after talking to my daughter in W.A who told me about the limited quarantine places and the "bumping off" .
Last update at 5 Aug, for WA.
From Sunday, 12 July, Western Australia will receive a maximum of 525 international passengers per week, or about 75 a day, for 4-weeks initially.

That $30,000 air fare example might have been an extreme case. I recall the news story when it was mentioned as "as high as $30,000".

Some others have mentioned paying normal fares. Not sure how an airline can operate at normal rates for so few passengers though.

Immigration should give a COVID extension for visa holders, but not sure if anything is happening like that. I think they are avoiding giving grants, partially to stop people being put in that position.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4334 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 311
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
thanks a lot for your comments and it is a scary situation . I intended to sell my house here in UK this summer and return home to OZ but of course covid 19 changed my plans and especially as an "oldie" and in vulnerable category I guess . My concern is that if I sell house later in year and then book a flight to Perth, I could be "bumped off " the flight and would have to stay in a hotel for a while until I could get a flight at normal economy rate and my hotel costs would be high . As you imply, any citizen returning would have to pay business class . Oh, to be a millionaire and a few divorces put paid to that dream ( smile ) . The amazing thing is that W.A has no covid 19 cases and my daughter was at nightclub with her girlfriends last night where
hundreds of people I suppose . But I guess they want to keep it that way understandably .


Reply With Quote
  #4335 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 71
Please update your flag here .

6 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
sorry to bother you but I am concerned about how covid 19 affects the situation as I am an aussie citizen in UK and wish to return next year and my foreign fiancee will apply for a PMV . As I understand it , only OZ citizens can return at present and most are "bumped off" plane if they do not upgrade to business class costing about $30,000 . So have immigration dept given an indefinite extension for visa holders like you to return as that would be fair but right wing governments are not know for being fair or doing anything morally sound ? ( wry smile ) ,. hoping you will comment as I am puzzled after talking to my daughter in W.A who told me about the limited quarantine places and the "bumping off" .
Last update at 5 Aug, for WA.
From Sunday, 12 July, Western Australia will receive a maximum of 525 international passengers per week, or about 75 a day, for 4-weeks initially.

That $30,000 air fare example might have been an extreme case. I recall the news story when it was mentioned as "as high as $30,000".

Some others have mentioned paying normal fares. Not sure how an airline can operate at normal rates for so few passengers though.

Immigration should give a COVID extension for visa holders, but not sure if anything is happening like that. I think they are avoiding giving grants, partially to stop people being put in that position.
Airlines fares is normal i buy ticket already its expensive but not to much if u buy for late travel than its normal


Reply With Quote
  #4336 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
.lThe amazing thing is that W.A has no covid 19 cases and my daughter was at nightclub with her girlfriends last night where
hundreds of people I suppose . But I guess they want to keep it that way understandably .
That is the positive aspect of border controls, which WA are being very strong with.

People in WA can lead normal lives, albeit cut off from the rest of Australia.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #4337 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan742 View Post
Airlines fares is normal i buy ticket already its expensive but not to much if u buy for late travel than its normal
The issue at that time, and maybe now, was that people booked tickets at normal prices, but just before the flight they were told that business class passengers were being prioritised for seats, and due to the daily limits, there were no seats available for economy passengers. They either missed that flight or upgraded to business class on the day.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #4338 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 09:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 71
Please update your flag here .

6 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan742 View Post
Airlines fares is normal i buy ticket already its expensive but not to much if u buy for late travel than its normal
The issue at that time, and maybe now, was that people booked tickets at normal prices, but just before the flight they were told that business class passengers were being prioritised for seats, and due to the daily limits, there were no seats available for economy passengers. They either missed that flight or upgraded to business class on the day.
Oh ok thanks for your help


Reply With Quote
  #4339 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2020, 07:45 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
1 likes given
Is anyone here who is waiting for their 309 to be granted actually in Australia right now? I applied in Aug 2019 from within Canada and my husband (my sponsor) moved to Aus ahead of me while I finished my degree. I came to visit him in March just before coronavirus hit. We decided I should stay in Australia with him rather than risk being separated for a long time. It has been challenging though for him to be working every day so hard to support us while I am legally unable to work. I'm a teacher so I just volunteer right now but we are keen to get our lives moving forward, save money, buy a house, have a baby, etc.

Even if the visa is ready to be granted, there is no way for me to leave the country so they can approve it, not without spending tons of money on flights, quarantine for weeks in hotels, and risk being separated. It seems like such a silly rule that it has to be approved offshore and there is no change in that rule despite the current circumstances.

Is anyone else in this situation? Has anyone gotten the email to leave while they were in Australia during covid and what did you do?


Reply With Quote
  #4340 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2020, 09:43 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

5 likes received
I'm in exact same situation. My visa finishes in December. The department didn't contact me. I applied last year in April for 309/100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwife View Post
Is anyone here who is waiting for their 309 to be granted actually in Australia right now? I applied in Aug 2019 from within Canada and my husband (my sponsor) moved to Aus ahead of me while I finished my degree. I came to visit him in March just before coronavirus hit. We decided I should stay in Australia with him rather than risk being separated for a long time. It has been challenging though for him to be working every day so hard to support us while I am legally unable to work. I'm a teacher so I just volunteer right now but we are keen to get our lives moving forward, save money, buy a house, have a baby, etc.

Even if the visa is ready to be granted, there is no way for me to leave the country so they can approve it, not without spending tons of money on flights, quarantine for weeks in hotels, and risk being separated. It seems like such a silly rule that it has to be approved offshore and there is no change in that rule despite the current circumstances.

Is anyone else in this situation? Has anyone gotten the email to leave while they were in Australia during covid and what did you do?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
309/100 offshore partner visa KomalAujla Visas and immigration 50 12-07-2016 02:45 AM
Subclass 309 / 100 offshore partner visa laurah1302 Visas and immigration 4 04-05-2014 08:35 PM
Offshore Partner visa 309/100 Vshah Visas and immigration 2 09-30-2013 09:27 AM
Offshore Partner Visa Final Checks 309 / 100 yourfriendkyle Visas and immigration 2 08-09-2012 10:14 AM
Medical Assessment Offshore 309/100 'Partner' visa Rygen Visas and immigration 4 11-23-2011 06:12 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com