Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/80537-offshore-partner-visa-309-100-waiting-room.html)

249865 08-22-2016 01:43 PM

Hi there everyone
Has anyone been granted an visa 100/309 this month?london embassy
If so how long has it taken?
I applied 8 April done everythink just waiting for grant.

DDboothman 08-24-2016 05:27 AM

Just thought I would throw my name into the hat as a fellow wait lister :)


DOL: May 11, 2016
Offshore: Canada - canuck born and raised :)
Health exams submitted: May 30
Police Clearance submitted: Jun 4
Both above items were submitted prior to request
All other supporting documentation submitted between May 11 and Jun 4.

My spouse is an Australian citizen who I sponsored to immigrate to Canada about 6.5 years ago. Our relationship began online and we jumped through very many similar hoops to get him here :)

To date have not had any contact from anyone and no change in app status.

Just patiently waiting :)

jnjmaxwell 08-25-2016 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 249865 (Post 1330329)
Hi there everyone
Has anyone been granted an visa 100/309 this month?london embassy
If so how long has it taken?
I applied 8 April done everythink just waiting for grant.

I lodged a fortnight after you and also waiting... Very interested to follow your progress seeing as we lodged so close. I'm optimistically hoping it'll happen in the next month to 6 weeks, but also grudgingly prepared for the full 10- 14 months :(

Looking at some of the timelines, people who applied in Feb got theirs in June/ July, so fingers crossed.

JanneKL 08-25-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnjmaxwell (Post 1332553)
I lodged a fortnight after you and also waiting... Very interested to follow your progress seeing as we lodged so close. I'm optimistically hoping it'll happen in the next month to 6 weeks, but also grudgingly prepared for the full 10- 14 months :(

Looking at some of the timelines, people who applied in Feb got theirs in June/ July, so fingers crossed.


There were a couple of quick processing times at the London HC a few months ago...5-6 months of waiting time, but since then it's been rather quiet...
Fingers crossed.
Only applied 10 days ago, so I have a long wait either way.

Destination Journey 08-25-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destination Journey (Post 1327449)
Guys, I need your advice to process partner VISA for my wife. I am 190 PR holder for VIC and currently in Pakistan. I want to move with my wife together.

1. Is there any requirement for 309/100 visa that sponsor must be residing in australia while applying for this visa? I am in Pakistan currently.

2. Where do they say that sponsor should be permanently residing in aus? any reference doc/link?

3. I just filled application for partner visa and they just ask for sponsor contact details. Nothing mandatory. You can provide any address of any country. I don't think its mandatory that sponsor should be in Aus while sponsoring. Please confirm.

Thanks.

Can anyone reply?

Island Girl 08-25-2016 04:11 PM

If I am not mistaken, it is a requirement only for the applicant to be offshore for a valid lodgement of Partner Visa subclass 309 / 100. The sponsor could be onshore or offshore. We have seen many sponsors relocating with their partners during the processing period of their partner visas. Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.

Destination Journey 08-29-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Island Girl (Post 1332817)
If I am not mistaken, it is a requirement only for the applicant to be offshore for a valid lodgement of Partner Visa subclass 309 / 100. The sponsor could be onshore or offshore. We have seen many sponsors relocating with their partners during the processing period of their partner visas. Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.

can anyone confirm this please?

218417 08-29-2016 04:25 PM

Sponsor can be located anywhere, in Australia or outside of Australia and doesn't need to always be with the applicant. However extra evidence will be needed if there are long times apart.

The applicant can also be anywhere too including Australia after lodging, but must go offshore (anywhere except Australia) once the visa is ready to be granted. Many people just let their case officers know that they're on a visitor visa and in Australia, so to contact them if they're ready to grant and they'll go off to NZ or elsewhere and wait for a grant.

saulog 08-30-2016 01:07 AM

Hi all,

I'm anxiously waiting for my application.

Visa type: Partner visa 309/100
Applied on: 15 Feb 2016
Application type: Online
Country of citizenship: Brazilian (applied in New Zealand)
Police check: 15 Feb 2016
Medicals: 23 Feb 2016
CO assigned: No
Interview: None

My fiancee and I have been in de facto relationship for 2.5 years in New Zealand.

I have noticed that most of applications have CO assigned within less than 6 month. However I still don't understand why CO is assigned yet. =(

218417 08-30-2016 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saulog (Post 1334818)
Hi all,

I'm anxiously waiting for my application.

Visa type: Partner visa 309/100
Applied on: 15 Feb 2016
Application type: Online
Country of citizenship: Brazilian (applied in New Zealand)
Police check: 15 Feb 2016
Medicals: 23 Feb 2016
CO assigned: No
Interview: None

My fiancee and I have been in de facto relationship for 2.5 years in New Zealand.

I have noticed that most of applications have CO assigned within less than 6 month. However I still don't understand why CO is assigned yet. =(

How do you know you haven't been assigned a CO? Most don't unless they request something or ready to process it.
For us, we had a CO request a form back in Feb when we applied, but by the time they requested other stuff it was a totally different CO and then a different one again when it was granted two weeks later.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com