Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/80537-offshore-partner-visa-309-100-waiting-room.html)

morning 10-03-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npatez (Post 1355466)
Been following this forum and just want to inform of another person waiting. My Thai wife (and her 2 children).

Visa type: Partner Visa 309/100
Applied from: Bangkok (paper at VFS)
Application submitted: 10 Feb 2016
Request health checkup: 15 June 2016
Health submitted: 28 June 2016

And now waiting.

Steve


We are so close, I lodged on 16 Feb. Lets keep each other informed.

koreaussie 10-04-2016 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy2016 (Post 1360850)
Ok, I heard the timeline listed on DIBP website is way overdue. Though officers will always repeat what is said on the website when asked the question. Did you do the online application?

Yes, we the online application. And our application was decision-ready (included health checks and police checks).

I had a friend in 2015 get it in 8 months, but I'm seeing faster times from UK / EU, which makes me hopeful for a quicker processing time. Considering Korea / Japan are low-risk countries and all.

When did you submit?

Daisy2016 10-04-2016 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koreaussie (Post 1361634)
Yes, we the online application. And our application was decision-ready (included health checks and police checks).

I had a friend in 2015 get it in 8 months, but I'm seeing faster times from UK / EU, which makes me hopeful for a quicker processing time. Considering Korea / Japan are low-risk countries and all.

When did you submit?

I submitted it at the end of August this year, so it has not been long at all! Mine was not decision-ready. I was advised not to do the Medical and police clearlance untill advised. I noticed however, about few weeks later there was a referral letter already issued in the Medical area on the online application which I was not aware of! I emailed the office and they advised that I was ready to go ahead and do the medical already. I wasnt communicated to of that at all if I did not notice that on my screen....

effbee 10-09-2016 12:49 PM

Hello,

I have recently applied for Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) for my wife and we are still in the process of getting the visa. Is it possible to apply for my wife’s visit visa while the Partner visa is still under process?

I, being the sponsor, am not residing in Australia. Which visit visa should I apply for: Visitor visa (subclass 600) - Sponsored Family Stream
Visitor visa (subclass 600) - Tourist?

marsenal 10-09-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy2016 (Post 1361698)
I submitted it at the end of August this year, so it has not been long at all! Mine was not decision-ready. I was advised not to do the Medical and police clearlance untill advised. I noticed however, about few weeks later there was a referral letter already issued in the Medical area on the online application which I was not aware of! I emailed the office and they advised that I was ready to go ahead and do the medical already. I wasnt communicated to of that at all if I did not notice that on my screen....

Is having the referral letter the department's way of communicating to do the medicals? We did the health self assessment questionnaire soon after submitting the application and the referral letter was automatically generated.
We assumed this IS NOT a request to do medicals. Is this the wrong interpretation?

hassoo84 10-09-2016 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by effbee (Post 1366178)
Hello,

I have recently applied for Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) for my wife and we are still in the process of getting the visa. Is it possible to apply for my wife’s visit visa while the Partner visa is still under process?

I, being the sponsor, am not residing in Australia. Which visit visa should I apply for: Visitor visa (subclass 600) - Sponsored Family Stream
Visitor visa (subclass 600) - Tourist?


Hi effbee,

I am from Pakistan. Got my PR in January 2015 but due to some unavoidable reasons could not go to Australia. I fulfilled the initial entry requirements though. I plan to move to Australia in the next couple of months. Recently I got married and now thinking to lodge partner visa subclass 309/100 before moving to Australia. I read in the Partner migration booklet that the Sponsor (in this case, me) should be a usual resident in Australia. Since I am in Pakistan, I hope they dont refuse my wife's visa. Need your advice....

Uhtred 10-09-2016 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsenal (Post 1366298)
Is having the referral letter the department's way of communicating to do the medicals? We did the health self assessment questionnaire soon after submitting the application and the referral letter was automatically generated.
We assumed this IS NOT a request to do medicals. Is this the wrong interpretation?

You can undertake the medical whenever you like and you do not have to wait for your CO to tell you to do it. You just need to be cautious in that the medical is only valid for 12 months.

xxx 10-10-2016 02:02 AM

Hi,
We applied for partners visa last year. Last week got an interview call from CO and were told that application is decision ready.

While checking online, its showing "approved" next to sponsors name.

What does that mean and how much time we should expect for getting grant?

Mish 10-10-2016 02:09 AM

All approved next to sponsor means is that they are an approved sponsor.

Unfortunately noone can tell you how long the grant will take as every embassy and case is different.

Arabella 10-10-2016 04:11 AM

Posted in the wrong spot, sorry!


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com