457 visa to PR

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

457 visa to PR

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

457 visa to PR

Hi there,

My husband will go to work in Australia with 457 visa. The contract is for 3 years. He is now sitting for the OET exam. If he obtains all "B" then he will have enough points to apply for Skill - Independent (Migrant) visa (Subclass 175) in Hong Kong before going to Australia. If he fails, what kind of PR visa he can apply for after coming to Australia and holidng a 457 visa? He plans to keep taking the exam till he gets all pass...

Many thanks!!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
I assume that because he is studying for the OET and from the reference to that being just for doctors, he is a doctor and if not it would appear to be the IELTS that should be studied for.

But if he is coming to Australia on a three year employer sponsorship, other than considering the 175 visa, it is possible that he could move to a PR sponsorship with an eligible and an agreeable employer, there being two paths available
. PR sponsorship after two years on a 457 or
. sponsorship anytime with an eligible/agreeable employer if your husband has qualifications approved and more than three years experience.
Details are @ Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

A 175 visa can also be applied for from within Australia and it is just that because it is an offshore visa, he would need to take a trip outside of Australia to have the visa granted.

If he is a doctor, has he been through the required qualifications and registration steps that are outlined on the Doctor Connect site linked @ Working in Australia as a Doctor - Doctors and Nurses - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.