Cash or savings component

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Cash or savings component


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:28 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Cash or savings component

Hi all,

I get confused with Vis 176 and Visa 175, when I have read under South Australia website, that's said I need to have Cash or savings component AUD 20.000,- for apply 176 Visa.

My question is, whether we need Cash or savings component for Visa 175 ?

Thanks
Win.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
The 176 being a state sponsored visa, the reference to finances is just that the various states see fit to expect people applying for a visa to have suitable financial resources and that they will need for living costs in Australia and no guarantee of immediate employment mean that people do need to make an assessment of covering themselves for living costs for a number of months and also having a Plan B in the event that employment does not occur.

That is not emphasised so much directly by Immi but there are probably some references to what people should be prepared for, perhaps under Citizenship & Living in Australia you may find some information.

But essentially, you need to decide what is your plan to house and feed yourself on arrival in Australia and obviously costs will be far greater for a family than they will be for individuals.





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
The 176 being a state sponsored visa, the reference to finances is just that the various states see fit to expect people applying for a visa to have suitable financial resources and that they will need for living costs in Australia and no guarantee of immediate employment mean that people do need to make an assessment of covering themselves for living costs for a number of months and also having a Plan B in the event that employment does not occur.

That is not emphasised so much directly by Immi but there are probably some references to what people should be prepared for, perhaps under Citizenship & Living in Australia you may find some information.

But essentially, you need to decide what is your plan to house and feed yourself on arrival in Australia and obviously costs will be far greater for a family than they will be for individuals.
Hi Wanderer,

Do I need saving component for 175?

For Skilled Regional Sponsored (state/ Territory), Do I need for regional sponsored before process my application?

Thanks
Win


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
The 175 does not stipulate that you need $X but it would be foolish to consider immigration to anywhere without a financial plan.
For any sponsored visa you need the sponsorship first.





  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
The 175 does not stipulate that you need $X but it would be foolish to consider immigration to anywhere without a financial plan.
For any sponsored visa you need the sponsorship first.
Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for the answer,
I get it, but if the saving is not one of the requirement so I can focus on other's. Off course financial planning is one of our no doubt action when moving.

Regards
Win.


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2011, 03:23 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
I would suggest that financial planning ought to be right up there with planning immigration if not before for there is no point in going to the expense of arranging immigration if you'll not have funds for when you arrive.





  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I would suggest that financial planning ought to be right up there with planning immigration if not before for there is no point in going to the expense of arranging immigration if you'll not have funds for when you arrive.
Hi Wanderer,

Yes, thanks for the advice, that's really help.

Regards
Win


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taxes on savings - for Australia immigrants iain Visas and immigration 3 08-04-2011 03:21 PM
How much savings do we need b4 move? okso General chit-chat and news 2 02-09-2011 07:01 PM
Cash in hand santnair Travel questions 1 12-29-2009 10:29 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:08 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com