help please.... visa for Canadian daddy of unborn Aussie child.

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

help please.... visa for Canadian daddy of unborn Aussie child.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

help please.... visa for Canadian daddy of unborn Aussie child.


I am an Australian Citizen currently staying in Canada with my boyfriend (who is Canadian) on a pending extended visitors visa. I have fallen pregnant and i have decided to keep the baby, i have no health cover (even my travel insurance just expired) so we have decided to go to Australia ASAP. I am unsure about how to go about getting a visa for my partner, where he can actually work and without us having to get married.

We are pretty young (both 21 yrs old) , so he isn't really qualified in any profession to apply for a skilled working visa, he has some criminal offenses (non violent - no sentences over 6-12months) which kind of rules out any working holiday visa. We have not lived together for 12 months or even been in the same country for 12 months so that rules out de facto...

The plan was to apply for a visitor/tourist visa just to get him in the door and then organize some sponsorship or something from inside the country... What should we say to the immigration person at the airport??? Do we lie and say that he is just here to visit and chill for a few months and then go back, then once in the door ... just extend and do the sponsorship or w.e is needed to get him proper visa? or should we be honest with them and explain the situation with the baby and everything.... the other thing is what length of stay should we put on the visa??? i am afraid he will be rejected if they know he intends to stay for a long time.

Can anybody give me any tips on how we can make this work????

thnx !

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tourist visa about to get married with an unborn child. Dreamweaver Visas and immigration 10 11-03-2011 03:25 AM
Child visa Mrv Visas and immigration 0 07-31-2011 07:06 AM
canadian on W & H visa wants a partner visa ArielleDez Visas and immigration 1 06-16-2010 06:56 PM
Canadian - applying for Prostective Marriage Visa murphylav New member introductions 1 05-02-2010 11:29 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.