Police/Medical checks - when? - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2Likes

Police/Medical checks - when? - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyrocks View Post
do both myself (australian sponsor) and partner (swede) need to get medicals? i was hoping someone could let me know? i was thinking it was just my partner who needed to get medical and police clearance? as i live here.. thanks
Only the applicant, not the sponsor, has to get a medical check.


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 AM
dan dan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 197
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
*unless there are children involved in the application

SarahM likes this.
__________________

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 40
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
hi, thanks. do i, as the sponsor need a police check?

sorry for the annoying questions, it's probably right here in front of me but just want to be 100% sure

thanks


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyrocks View Post
hi, thanks. do i, as the sponsor need a police check?

sorry for the annoying questions, it's probably right here in front of me but just want to be 100% sure

thanks
Same as with the medical, the sponsor only has to complete a police check if there are dependant children involved.


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 AM
miniature.moose's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 159
Users Flag! From australia

26 likes received
19 likes given
When does an applicant need an Australian police check? I have seen that one year seems to be the general rule but is this a continuous year or a year in total? For example, my German partner was in Australia for approximately 5-6 months in 2007 and then another 5-6 months in 2009/2010 and a few weeks holidays here and there. So in total, approximately one year. Would he have to provide a national police certificate for Australia or just Germany? Should he submit his German police certificate (or just a certified copy of the certificate) with the original application? I know some people say to wait until it's requested, but is that just for onshore applications? We'll be applying from Germany. Thanks!


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given
It's any country that he has lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years. So yes, your partner must provide an Australian police check.

The original copy of his German police certificate must be provided, along with a translation. Police checks are only valid for one year, but I doubt an offshore application would take longer than this so it's your choice whether you submit it with the application or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniature.moose View Post
When does an applicant need an Australian police check? I have seen that one year seems to be the general rule but is this a continuous year or a year in total? For example, my German partner was in Australia for approximately 5-6 months in 2007 and then another 5-6 months in 2009/2010 and a few weeks holidays here and there. So in total, approximately one year. Would he have to provide a national police certificate for Australia or just Germany? Should he submit his German police certificate (or just a certified copy of the certificate) with the original application? I know some people say to wait until it's requested, but is that just for onshore applications? We'll be applying from Germany. Thanks!


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:19 AM
dan dan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 197
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniature.moose View Post
When does an applicant need an Australian police check? I have seen that one year seems to be the general rule but is this a continuous year or a year in total? For example, my German partner was in Australia for approximately 5-6 months in 2007 and then another 5-6 months in 2009/2010 and a few weeks holidays here and there. So in total, approximately one year. Would he have to provide a national police certificate for Australia or just Germany? Should he submit his German police certificate (or just a certified copy of the certificate) with the original application? I know some people say to wait until it's requested, but is that just for onshore applications? We'll be applying from Germany. Thanks!
german & australian are required

do it in advance if you can, it might speed up your application time

you might not need to get the certificate translated.. some of the checks my partner got where in multiple languages, one of which included english!

__________________

  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:11 AM
miniature.moose's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 159
Users Flag! From australia

26 likes received
19 likes given
I'm a little confused. I thought it would be best to submit the health checks along with the application to speed processing. I just read however, that Germany is "eHealth enabled". It's supposed to shorten processing times but I think an assessment can only be booked once you have lodged the application, as the CO needs to provide you with a 'client identifier' and/or a Health Examination List. If you have to wait until you receive word from your CO, is it really going to speed up the process? I'm not so sure. Has anyone else applied using eHealth but NOT in conjunction with an eVisa application? Any suggestions on whether it's better to submit a paper examination with the application or an eHealth one once the relevant forms/client identifier has been provided? Thanks!

P.S. Just to make things more confusing, the German panel of doctors is currently under review and therefore contacting them directly at the moment is kind of pointless.
Further info: applying for an offshore partner visa from Germany


Last edited by miniature.moose; 07-28-2011 at 09:15 AM.

  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From poland

2 likes received
4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniature.moose View Post
I'm a little confused. I thought it would be best to submit the health checks along with the application to speed processing. I just read however, that Germany is "eHealth enabled". It's supposed to shorten processing times but I think an assessment can only be booked once you have lodged the application, as the CO needs to provide you with a 'client identifier' and/or a Health Examination List. If you have to wait until you receive word from your CO, is it really going to speed up the process? I'm not so sure. Has anyone else applied using eHealth but NOT in conjunction with an eVisa application? Any suggestions on whether it's better to submit a paper examination with the application or an eHealth one once the relevant forms/client identifier has been provided? Thanks!

P.S. Just to make things more confusing, the German panel of doctors is currently under review and therefore contacting them directly at the moment is kind of pointless.
Further info: applying for an offshore partner visa from Germany
Hi,

I will be applying in London and I read that you shouldn't attach your medical, as you will be instructed later when and where to go. This confused me a bit too, since I have seen people submitting the whole application, hoping for a quicker result.

but regarding uk applications it states on the uk embassy website:

"Clients applying at the London office will be advised of the health requirement once they have lodged an application. It is no longer possible for clients to undertake medicals or radiological examinations before lodging an application.

Once you have lodged an application your case officer will advise if any examinations need to be undertaken. If you are required to undertake a medical and/or radiological examination you must attend a panel doctor/radiologist designated by the Australian Government. "


SO I suppose you better stick to what the embassy says. It is advised to contact the office you will be applying to to check what specific actions they need you to take.

I will be applying in August. I am Polish and me and my partner are both living in UK at the moment.

laura longhurst likes this.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medical checks in Italy - where and what? Leanne Visas and immigration 5 10-16-2011 09:43 AM
medical checks sent to au via diplomatic bag? KandK Visas and immigration 7 08-17-2011 11:15 AM
4 questions about police checks medical checks and references slavekajira Visas and immigration 1 12-14-2010 05:24 PM
Time frame for visa after medical & police checks? undertaker Visas and immigration 3 04-21-2010 05:37 PM
medical and police checks nrc_02 Visas and immigration 4 03-29-2010 11:08 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:11 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com