PMV or Spouse Visa from the Philippines - Page 153

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1165Likes

PMV or Spouse Visa from the Philippines - Page 153


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1521 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 20
Users Flag! From philippines

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissybaby View Post
hi Tammy2Tommy,
Congratulations to you and your hubby, im sure you guys are so relieved now and enjoying .
Im just wondering why it took so long for the result? did ur CO request for additional documents?
Hi krissybaby,
Nope, my CO did not request for any additional documents, we did send a lot of proofs, like a LOT, and all the documents needed. But it was more convenient to have it past july 2nd, as a lot of things from the embassy changed. There's this paper that you needed to present if your visa was granted before july 2, so I'm glad it was past that as well, and I think that's one of the reasons why it took a bit longer, but hey, we are supposed to wait for 6 months, so waiting for 4 months is fine with me. I know someone who applied mid March and got her visa a couple of days after me. There are some weeks when there are no approvals but then the following week a lot of people just get their visas granted. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much proofs you gave, some COs are quick, I'm not sure of the rest. Some of you might feel anxious because other applicants got their visas in just 2-3 months, sometimes it's a matter of luck.

__________________

  #1522 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 157
Users Flag! From philippines

24 likes received
38 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy2tommy View Post
Hi krissybaby,
Nope, my CO did not request for any additional documents, we did send a lot of proofs, like a LOT, and all the documents needed. But it was more convenient to have it past july 2nd, as a lot of things from the embassy changed. There's this paper that you needed to present if your visa was granted before july 2, so I'm glad it was past that as well, and I think that's one of the reasons why it took a bit longer, but hey, we are supposed to wait for 6 months, so waiting for 4 months is fine with me. I know someone who applied mid March and got her visa a couple of days after me. There are some weeks when there are no approvals but then the following week a lot of people just get their visas granted. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much proofs you gave, some COs are quick, I'm not sure of the rest. Some of you might feel anxious because other applicants got their visas in just 2-3 months, sometimes it's a matter of luck.
Hi Tammy2tommy,

Anxious? I know right..just so frustrating journey sometimes..even though my hubby said dont go reading the forum cause it will make me more anxious I continue to read cause its nice to read a successful application from time to time. Im happy for u all. How exciting to know u finally with your hubby already and start a new page of your life. Wishing ill hear from them also soon cause im on my 12weeks of waiting already. Thanks for the reply Tammy2tommy. Take care!

__________________
"If you have complete faith, nothing is impossible."God bless everyone!


  #1523 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 106
Users Flag! From philippines

7 likes received
Hello! How's everyone?

Congratulations to those people that got their visa already

We've applied a PMV visa recently and we wanted to add additional documents.. does someone here know if we need to pay the via centre another handling fee?

Thank you..


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1524 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Murloc's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 50
Users Flag! From australia

18 likes received
2 likes given
Hi, my girlfriend recently took her PMV to the VIA centre in Cebu & the handling fee was 800p, this cover the cost to courier the Visa application to Immigration in Manila. When Michelle handed in her PMV the staff checked all her documents to make sure it was all correct, very helpful & friendly staff
The VIA centre received her PMV on the 6 Sep & we received an email from the Embassy in Manila on the 10th Sep so it didn't take long. She's just completed her medical today which cost 3000p. Good luck & feel free to ask any other questions
Jeremy

__________________

  #1525 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 157
Users Flag! From philippines

24 likes received
38 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne
Hello! How's everyone?

Congratulations to those people that got their visa already

We've applied a PMV visa recently and we wanted to add additional documents.. does someone here know if we need to pay the via centre another handling fee?

Thank you..
Additional cost per dox in manila via center is 50php. But in cebu they might charge additional for courier maybe 200php.

__________________
"If you have complete faith, nothing is impossible."God bless everyone!


  #1526 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Users Flag! From australia

42 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murloc
Hi, my girlfriend recently took her PMV to the VIA centre in Cebu & the handling fee was 800p, this cover the cost to courier the Visa application to Immigration in Manila. When Michelle handed in her PMV the staff checked all her documents to make sure it was all correct, very helpful & friendly staff There would be another handling fee for additional documents to cover courier costs.
The VIA centre received her PMV on the 6 Sep & we received an email from the Embassy in Manila on the 10th Sep so it didn't take long. She's just completed her medical today which cost 3000p. Good luck & feel free to ask any other questions
Jeremy
Hello Murloc,
The handling fee is expensive!! :/ but the medical fee is not too bad.. I'm in Australia when I did my medical for PMV. My CO in the Philippines told me to go to Medibank and do my medical and I paid 300 bucks.

__________________
Cheers,
IMkddj

  #1527 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 106
Users Flag! From philippines

7 likes received
Thanks for the replies..

To those applicants that applied for PMV.. aside from the letter from the celebrant, what other documents did you send with your application? like wedding invitations? signed agreement with the venue?

did you also send 2 copies of form 888 from your friends and families that are australian residents?

Thanks...


  #1528 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Users Flag! From australia

42 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne
Thanks for the replies..

To those applicants that applied for PMV.. aside from the letter from the celebrant, what other documents did you send with your application? like wedding invitations? signed agreement with the venue?

did you also send 2 copies of form 888 from your friends and families that are australian residents?

Thanks...
Hello Champagne,
You dont actually need to send wedding invitation, venue hire evidence. NOIM and relationship evidences are enough. But if you already have it, send a copy, why not
Yes you need Form 888, from friends or family member that are Australian citizen or permanent residents.

JEdwards likes this.
__________________
Cheers,
IMkddj

  #1529 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Users Flag! From australia

Hi, my wife and I are anxiously waiting for her Partner Visa

approval. It was submitted on March 17, 2012. Everything is now

with the Embassy, including additional records submitted by July

1. The last advice from her case officer was that her papers were

being verified by the Philippine authorities.

We have been planning for me to return to Manila when the visa is

approved; spend a few weeks having dental work completed etc

and the fly home together. The uncertainty about the visa means

we can't make definite arrangements.

I can't find information about how many days grace a partner visa

recipient has before she is required to enter Australia. Could a

person who has recently been lucky enough to be granted a visa

please advise? Also has anyone been able to get an extension of

time?


  #1530 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 106
Users Flag! From philippines

7 likes received
We've submitted 1 form 888 from my aunt.. and 2 notarized letter from my dad and my fiance's mom (its just a notarized letter as they're not australian residents).. do you think we need to send another form 888 from a friend that's australian resident? or just wait for the case officer to ask for further documents?

Thank you..


Closed Thread

Tags
300, 309, philippines, pmv, spouse visa

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American in Philippines Tatoosh New member introductions 4 06-08-2013 05:43 AM
spouse visa 309 lodge in philippines touch_of_pink2000 Visas and immigration 16 04-23-2013 01:31 PM
PMV or spouse visa (philippines to australia) jes24 Visas and immigration 15 01-22-2013 10:20 AM
Use an agent for Philippines? PeterS Visas and immigration 11 01-07-2013 08:58 PM
spouse visa lodged on october 2010 in the philippines? touch_of_pink2000 Visas and immigration 5 04-20-2011 12:48 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com