PMV or Spouse Visa from the Philippines - Page 326

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1165Likes

PMV or Spouse Visa from the Philippines - Page 326


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3251 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 AM
Majha23's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Hello everyone! I emailed my fiancée's case officer regarding his pmv application. I submitted all the additional documents already n it has been a week now. I Recieved this email, n I'm wondering what's the difference between the case officer n the senior migration officer?
Thanks!

Dear ms Gutierrez,

Thank you for your email enquiry.
Our records indicate that your application has already been referred to the
Senior Migration Officer for final assessment and decision. Once the
decision has been finalised, it will be communicated to the applicant/ the
authorised recipient immediately.


  #3252 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 04:22 AM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majha23 View Post
Hello everyone! I emailed my fiancée's case officer regarding his pmv application. I submitted all the additional documents already n it has been a week now. I Recieved this email, n I'm wondering what's the difference between the case officer n the senior migration officer?
Thanks!

Dear ms Gutierrez,

Thank you for your email enquiry.
Our records indicate that your application has already been referred to the
Senior Migration Officer for final assessment and decision. Once the
decision has been finalised, it will be communicated to the applicant/ the
authorised recipient immediately.
I think the way it works IMHO, is that the case officer does all the grunt work checking the application, then passes their recommendations to a senior official who then approves or rejects the application. Therefore it sounds like good news for you that the case officer is finished with your file and is now awaiting the official rubber stamp

Good luck,

Kttykat




__________________

  #3253 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Majha23's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttykat

I think the way it works IMHO, is that the case officer does all the grunt work checking the application, then passes their recommendations to a senior official who then approves or rejects the application. Therefore it sounds like good news for you that the case officer is finished with your file and is now awaiting the official rubber stamp

Good luck,

Kttykat
Fingers crossed... I'm really hoping he gets approved... So anxious to find out the decision. Thanks for that kttykat =)


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3254 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 05:49 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From philippines

I received an email requesting for further docs. Is the person who e-mailed me my case officer?


  #3255 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: queensland
Posts: 962
Users Flag! From australia

351 likes received
149 likes given
Yes usually, this is what happened to us./ Don't be afraid if it says senior case officer it is normal apparently


  #3256 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieboy07 View Post
Yes usually, this is what happened to us./ Don't be afraid if it says senior case officer it is normal apparently
Thanks Aussieboy, thats what it says a senior case officer


  #3257 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 06:54 AM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed View Post
Thanks Aussieboy, thats what it says a senior case officer
It sounds to me IMHO, that they are trying to dot their I's and cross their T's to finalize your application. I hope they sort it out soon so they can grant your visa and get on with their job....

Kttykat




__________________

  #3258 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: queensland
Posts: 962
Users Flag! From australia

351 likes received
149 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttykat View Post
It sounds to me IMHO, that they are trying to dot their I's and cross their T's to finalize your application. I hope they sort it out soon so they can grant your visa and get on with their job....

Kttykat
We got the same request approx 20 Nov and recieved acknowlegement that they recieved the documents on 17 Dec (took a month due to typhoon Pablo) and nothing since then. Mark Northam (registered agent and moderator here) said it is usually between 30 to 60 days away from being finalised when that happens. Hope that helps (sorry but yes maybe more waiting still to come)


  #3259 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From philippines

This is the first time they've contacted me, lodge my application before Christmas.


  #3260 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 AM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
Try and do your timelines ppl, it would help us to give you a better idea as to where you are really likely to be at... If you need help doing your timeline I wrote a step by step instruction post here: http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-...inks-info.html

Kttykat




__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
300, 309, philippines, pmv, spouse visa

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American in Philippines Tatoosh New member introductions 4 06-08-2013 05:43 AM
spouse visa 309 lodge in philippines touch_of_pink2000 Visas and immigration 16 04-23-2013 01:31 PM
PMV or spouse visa (philippines to australia) jes24 Visas and immigration 15 01-22-2013 10:20 AM
Use an agent for Philippines? PeterS Visas and immigration 11 01-07-2013 08:58 PM
spouse visa lodged on october 2010 in the philippines? touch_of_pink2000 Visas and immigration 5 04-20-2011 12:48 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:21 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com