Who is your case officer and how do they treat you? - Page 17

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree72Likes

Who is your case officer and how do they treat you? - Page 17


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #161 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 03:08 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Users Flag! From australia

25 likes received
This is sad situation, easy money for DIBP though.

Application did not meet requirement to be “Valid application” and it was rejected. CO had an easy job, no need to interview or ask medicals since it wasn’t valid application to start with.

If someone is making application over the counter you would think it is a better option, since you will get assistance and guidance.

The CO over the counter (collecting the evidences and application) would have helped if he said “Have you ever met?” instead of “your visa will be granted before wedding date”

Your relationships
Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) document checklist
“Evidence that you and your prospective spouse have met face-to-face as adults and are personally known to each other”

MRT will be waste of time and Money. I think it is best to fix the core issue. They have to meet, he or she can go and visit partner and family members for few months and produce documentation.


  #162 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 03:30 AM
Negative Ned's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 155
Users Flag! From australia

90 likes received
287 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by waliku View Post
This is sad situation, easy money for DIBP though.

Application did not meet requirement to be “Valid application” and it was rejected. CO had an easy job, no need to interview or ask medicals since it wasn’t valid application to start with.

If someone is making application over the counter you would think it is a better option, since you will get assistance and guidance.

The CO over the counter (collecting the evidences and application) would have helped if he said “Have you ever met?” instead of “your visa will be granted before wedding date”

Your relationships
Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) document checklist
“Evidence that you and your prospective spouse have met face-to-face as adults and are personally known to each other”

MRT will be waste of time and Money. I think it is best to fix the core issue. They have to meet, he or she can go and visit partner and family members for few months and produce documentation.
You know what, you are so right!!
How can they email them and say the application is valid and then email them a refusal because it didn't meet criteria?
Something is not right here.
Could they get a refund?

__________________
'Love Never Fails...' Corinthians 13:8

  #163 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Ned View Post

You know what, you are so right!!
How can they email them and say the application is valid and then email them a refusal because it didn't meet criteria?
Something is not right here.
Could they get a refund?
They don't generally give refunds.

I have heard of people getting rejected because they were not legally married for a 309 ... they did a nikkah. So that wouldn't be a valid application either. Also de factos not living together for 12 months or not registering the relationship.
I think for a valid application maybe requirements and valid are different as in for it to be valid forms are completed and payment is made is all that is required for a valid application.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #164 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 03:36 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
In my next life I want to be a fly at DIBP Cairo. Would be sooooo interesting.

I just imagine what the case officers said about the application....

Negative Ned likes this.

  #165 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 03:46 AM
Negative Ned's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 155
Users Flag! From australia

90 likes received
287 likes given
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
In my next life I want to be a fly at DIBP Cairo. Would be sooooo interesting.

I just imagine what the case officers said about the application....
hahaha.. a fly!!
I wouldn't mind being a CO for a year or so... Just to see exactly why these cases take forever to process..

__________________
'Love Never Fails...' Corinthians 13:8

  #166 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 03:56 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Ned View Post

hahaha.. a fly!!
I wouldn't mind being a CO for a year or so... Just to see exactly why these cases take forever to process..
You could hear all the secrets.

Haha me too. I have a feeling it is to do with the number they can process per year.


  #167 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 04:06 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Users Flag! From australia

25 likes received
I don't think they will get a refund.

Could be the case as well, pay the money and fill the application, then application is considered Valid. Once it is valid No refund.

In that case they must have concluded the relationship NOT been genuine and continuing? Based on failing to meet one of the CORE requirements?


  #168 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 04:28 AM
Negative Ned's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 155
Users Flag! From australia

90 likes received
287 likes given
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
You could hear all the secrets.

Haha me too. I have a feeling it is to do with the number they can process per year.
I actually think this had a huge factor to play in why they are so strict?

However it would look very bad on their behalf if a case, or a few, do go to tribunal and are won because the couple are not only genuinely together but their paper-work has been submitted complete the first time round.

I feel something like a nervous interview could cause someone to fail when in fact some people are just shy or not good with confrontation rather than ingenuity being the issue.

__________________
'Love Never Fails...' Corinthians 13:8

  #169 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
They had a lot of rejections a few years ago by a specific case officer. I believe she is not there any more. They were all overturned at MRT.

Negative Ned likes this.

  #170 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2014, 04:36 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
My husband did well at the interview considering he is not good with dates.

If I was being interviewed face to face I would be shaking so much. So glad it wasn't me! It is a lot of stress to put on a person.

Negative Ned likes this.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visa 820 - Is the Decision Support Officer the same as Case Officer kmgolf Visas and immigration 3 11-09-2013 05:23 AM
Case Officer vs Visa Processing Officer migs.dingle Visas and immigration 1 10-10-2013 08:31 AM
Case officer vs Decision Support Unit Officer Sophey Visas and immigration 3 08-27-2013 06:19 AM
Case Officer & Visa Processing Officer nombeygz Visas and immigration 2 12-07-2011 02:43 AM
Case Officer and how they treat applicants ? darrylbulger Visas and immigration 0 11-27-2011 09:31 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com