Who is your case officer and how do they treat you? - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree72Likes

Who is your case officer and how do they treat you? - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2014, 06:27 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
When is your wedding date?


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2014, 06:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 274
Users Flag! From australia

125 likes received
196 likes given
I agree with mish

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Users Flag! From australia

39 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
No offense to your friend but how do you know it is the case officer? It could just be counter staff. Most embassies the case officers do not work the counter. When I went to the embassy we actually had to wait for the senior officer to come from out back.

We had who we have been told is one of the best case officers in Cairo and we had to change our wedding date twice. They actually advise not to book anything until the visa is granted .. what happens if it is rejected?

I should also add that most embassies you hear nothing unless they need something or is granted. The case officers are closed book. Remember not to contact them if they need something they will contact you.

Cairo processing is 9-12 months. Interview if in Egypt is at around 4 months.

Hey Mish;

Hope that ur doing fine , and sorry to disturb , i just want to ask u on how do u know wich way we have to send the docs that co asked for after he assigned, in the letter mu co send by mail he did not specify a way so we figure out to scan the original copies and send them by mail and as the size of the file was so big he send us another email saying the following :


Please note that we are unable to open any documents located on Dropbox we site due to network security reasons.

Please scan the documents as PDF files and email to us. Note that each email should not exceed 5 MB

So im now confused and scared as i saw in the post of Negative Ned that they were asked to provide some originals via post within 28 days!! and it seems that we have the same CO !

Would u please help if u have any infos , do u think that if he wanted me to send via post he would of send another email to specify or i should contact the embassy again


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith555 View Post

Hey Mish;

Hope that ur doing fine , and sorry to disturb , i just want to ask u on how do u know wich way we have to send the docs that co asked for after he assigned, in the letter mu co send by mail he did not specify a way so we figure out to scan the original copies and send them by mail and as the size of the file was so big he send us another email saying the following :

Please note that we are unable to open any documents located on Dropbox we site due to network security reasons.

Please scan the documents as PDF files and email to us. Note that each email should not exceed 5 MB

So im now confused and scared as i saw in the post of Negative Ned that they were asked to provide some originals via post within 28 days!! and it seems that we have the same CO !

Would u please help if u have any infos , do u think that if he wanted me to send via post he would of send another email to specify or i should contact the embassy again
It depends what documents they are. If it is just evidence then they will accept them via email but if it is the police report then they want the original.

Did the email from IS say mail or email?

If in doubt it is always best to contact the case officer and ask.

Dinkum likes this.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Users Flag! From australia

39 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
It depends what documents they are. If it is just evidence then they will accept them via email but if it is the police report then they want the original.

Did the email from IS say mail or email?

If in doubt it is always best to contact the case officer and ask.
Can i Pm u?


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith555 View Post

Can i Pm u?
Of course. I just cleaned out my box ... it was full.


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Negative Ned's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 155
Users Flag! From australia

90 likes received
287 likes given
I thought it maybe counter staff too and they could just be confused?

Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting on a loved one I know its pretty dreadful.
I'm considering going back for a holiday and spending a month or so there.. I'm really worried once I get there, immigration might request something that I could only provide if I was back home lol... maybe I am stressing out for nothing or over-stressing because I am just so keen to have this whole ordeal over and done with!

Congrats to all the lovely people posting here still even after their visa/partner visa's have been granted.
Much appreciated!


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2014, 11:41 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Just out of curiosity how did you get a tourist visa for Australia? Cairo rejects most of them and most of the ones that come here are on a family sponsored tourist visa?

Don't forget to let your case officer know you will be in Australia.


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 160
Users Flag! From australia

127 likes received
107 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Just out of curiosity how did you get a tourist visa for Australia? Cairo rejects most of them and most of the ones that come here are on a family sponsored tourist visa?

Don't forget to let your case officer know you will be in Australia.
I think Negative Ned is the sponsor.

Negative Ned likes this.

  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2014, 12:06 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney View Post

I think Negative Ned is the sponsor.
I thought so too but there is an AFP check mentioned earlier and also they mention info from immigration which is usually asked of for the applicant so no idea really.....


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visa 820 - Is the Decision Support Officer the same as Case Officer kmgolf Visas and immigration 3 11-09-2013 05:23 AM
Case Officer vs Visa Processing Officer migs.dingle Visas and immigration 1 10-10-2013 08:31 AM
Case officer vs Decision Support Unit Officer Sophey Visas and immigration 3 08-27-2013 06:19 AM
Case Officer & Visa Processing Officer nombeygz Visas and immigration 2 12-07-2011 02:43 AM
Case Officer and how they treat applicants ? darrylbulger Visas and immigration 0 11-27-2011 09:31 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:47 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com