offshore or onshore advice..

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

offshore or onshore advice..

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

offshore or onshore advice..

we need some advice,..thank you!! in advance..

me and my fiance are getting married next month on the 4th may 2011,we are planning to apply for partner visa once we get our marriage certificate.,

we have been living together since the10th of july 2010 but not officially because she had her own place back then but was with me the whole time..after a month,6th of august 2010 we decided to officially live together,so we rented a room for us in a shared accommodation house..... can we prove that we have been living together for this long?????we have letters with the same address but we do not have bills together as we are living in a shared accommodation with fixed rent (means including bills)can we just ask the landlord for a written statement and get it signed??

after we get married we are planning to go overseas together for a month to her country..if we apply offshore while we are in her country it would kill me because from what i have read here, offshore application may take up to 6 months or more for the result and we do not want to be separated for that long.. my fiance is in a student visa atm but will not continue to study once we apply for partner visa so we can pay for her application fees and because international student tuition fees are X10 more compare to normal tuition fees...

Q2..what would happen then if we apply here in australia,we are going to apply as soon as we get our marriage can she stay here in australia while waiting for the result of our partner visa if shes not going to school anymore,...what visa would the immi give her?? there a bridging visa that allows you stay here in australia and work while waiting for the result of partner visa???

Q3..what is the best way for her to apply partner visa???

thanks,,excuse my post as this is my first..

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
I have made some notes re onshore or offshore @ but your situation is a little different on a number of points.
1. you would normally be better off if someone was already here on a visa without a No Further Stay condition and you met eligibility requirements to apply onshore and that way a bridging visa can be granted when the existing visa held expires.

However, it seems from what you state that that your partner would be in breach of her visa conditions if she stopped studying, ie.
A student visa means someone is here for studying and continuing with the study is a requirement of maintaining the visa.

So in that situation if she stopped studying, she is obliged to advise Immi and then it will be up to them as to whether they will issue a different bridging visa to the BVA given that they would cancel her student visa rather than it expiring.
The best thing to do would be to keep studying until at least she has a partner visa applied for and then she could ask Immi if she would be issued with a bridging visa if she stopped here studying and had the student visa cancelled.

As for the partner visa eligibility, it would certainly make sense to get whatever documentation you can for the room rental, including receipts and have whatever correspondence/documentation you can get together that shows you having the common address.

For travelling after your marriage, you ought to first see what bridging visa she can get issued and make your plans from there.
Off shore partner visas can be processed quicker than Onshore visas btw and it is really what your situation in regard to eligibility is that will best determine what you might want to apply for.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Onshore or offshore - Tourist 676 and partner visa - Advice pls? Genga Visas and immigration 2 11-12-2011 09:30 AM
dilemma ..onshore or offshore PMV ? krissybaby Visas and immigration 3 07-19-2011 11:26 PM
Onshore or Offshore? aussie_girl Visas and immigration 12 02-15-2011 12:21 PM
onshore visa from offshore vishal Visas and immigration 0 02-02-2011 12:52 AM
Applying to 573 offshore & 175/176 onshore wrp Visas and immigration 2 12-01-2009 09:23 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.