Applying from singapore

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree121Likes

Applying from singapore


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2014, 06:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 98
Users Flag! From singapore

27 likes received
88 likes given
Smile Applying from singapore

Hi is there anyone in this forum who have undergo an interview. Especifically for partner visa? Since Australia High Commission in Singapore ask help from avac for lodging application, avac directly schedule you for an interview but changes may apply if it's not necessary depending the case officers decision.
Anyone who undergo for an interview already? They scheduled me on Nov 14. I just submit my application today 28 august.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2014, 05:42 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4421 likes received
6268 likes given
If you're looking for possible interview questions, try the "Partner Visa Wait Times & Resources" thread at the top of the forum. There's a link to a thread about interview questions there.

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 98
Users Flag! From singapore

27 likes received
88 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
If you're looking for possible interview questions, try the "Partner Visa Wait Times & Resources" thread at the top of the forum. There's a link to a thread about interview questions there.
Hi CollegeGirl,

It's not really about what to ask.. I'm not worried about that, I just really want to know if singapore always ask for interview because since the start of this year, Singapore high commission dont entertain applicants anymore who directly directly applys to them. They hire avac to submit the application and there were no interviews before just like in the Philippines...

Dinkum likes this.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From australia

12 likes received
10 likes given
Hi Themuel,

My wife also submitted her application at vfs Singapore on 2nd Sep this year, but vfs didn't give her a date for the interview when she lodged her application. She is also from a high risk country. Have you heard anything more from the embassy regarding to your application or have they made any requests to you regarding medical and police checks? Cheers.

themuel likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 98
Users Flag! From singapore

27 likes received
88 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehorizon88 View Post
Hi Themuel,

My wife also submitted her application at vfs Singapore on 2nd Sep this year, but vfs didn't give her a date for the interview when she lodged her application. She is also from a high risk country. Have you heard anything more from the embassy regarding to your application or have they made any requests to you regarding medical and police checks? Cheers.

Dear icehorizon,

Hello!

Re: the interview schedule, I think it depends on the customer service from vfs if they will give you a sched right away. However, at my case I was given a sched for Nov 14. I submitted my application on Aug 29 and got an acknowledgment from CO sept 5. She didn't ask anything from her letter. Then last Oct 15, she sent me an email, asking for the ff:

1. My latesr singapore pass wc I need to submit within 28days
2. Police clearance from my home country and singapore
3. Medical results

She informed me that I dont need to go for interview on Nov 14.

I think the interview is also depends on your case officer on how she see the relationship. Because I've known one Singaporean member here who have undergo for an interview.

From wc country is your partner? :-)

Regards,

Themuel

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 20
Users Flag! From france

16 likes received
14 likes given
Hi Icehorizon

I applied through VFS mid May and was given and interview date for 10 weeks later (end July). A week later, i received a letter with CO assigned. I was hoping they'd tell me i don't need to go as i'm from low risk country (French citizen) and our relationship is pretty straightforward (been living together for 2 1/2 years), but didn't hear anything.
On interview day, I was told that the CO wasn't in (imagine how i panicked!!) and was assigned another CO. She asked me to get police checks and medical checks done right after the interview. Last I heard from CO was end of Aug, with a question about address in Oz for second stage processing.
Hope that's a good sign, i've just crossed the 5 month mark!
Good luck to you!


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From australia

12 likes received
10 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuel View Post
Dear icehorizon,

Hello!

Re: the interview schedule, I think it depends on the customer service from vfs if they will give you a sched right away. However, at my case I was given a sched for Nov 14. I submitted my application on Aug 29 and got an acknowledgment from CO sept 5. She didn't ask anything from her letter. Then last Oct 15, she sent me an email, asking for the ff:

1. My latesr singapore pass wc I need to submit within 28days
2. Police clearance from my home country and singapore
3. Medical results

She informed me that I dont need to go for interview on Nov 14.

I think the interview is also depends on your case officer on how she see the relationship. Because I've known one Singaporean member here who have undergo for an interview.

From wc country is your partner? :-)

Regards,

Themuel
Hi Themuel,

Thanks for your reply! My wife is from Burma. It's great to know that things are moving along for you It must have been a great relief when you heard from your co that interview is no longer required. I hope that my wife will also hear from the embassy soon regarding to medical and police clearance requests since her application was made roughly around the same time as yours. Let me know when you got updates and all the best

themuel likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From australia

12 likes received
10 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauline_t View Post
Hi Icehorizon

I applied through VFS mid May and was given and interview date for 10 weeks later (end July). A week later, i received a letter with CO assigned. I was hoping they'd tell me i don't need to go as i'm from low risk country (French citizen) and our relationship is pretty straightforward (been living together for 2 1/2 years), but didn't hear anything.
On interview day, I was told that the CO wasn't in (imagine how i panicked!!) and was assigned another CO. She asked me to get police checks and medical checks done right after the interview. Last I heard from CO was end of Aug, with a question about address in Oz for second stage processing.
Hope that's a good sign, i've just crossed the 5 month mark!
Good luck to you!
Hi Pauline,

Yeah, I reckon it's a good sign.I think your CO was happy with the interview and I guess that's the reason why she requested you to do medical and the police check right after the interview I am too hoping that my wife won't be requested for an interview as I reckon our case is not too complicated. I am now currently working in Singapore and living with my wife. We got married in Feb this year in Singapore and we have been living together since dec last year. Before we got married, we were in a long distance relationship for 5 years and I was flying up and down for like 3 or 4 times a year to visit her in singapore till i decided to move to Singapore in 2012 to become closer to her. Anyway, good luck to your application and I hope that you get your visa soon and let us know when your golden email come through !

themuel likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2014, 04:45 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From malaysia

13 likes received
6 likes given
I applied 309 online in Singapore and submitted in mid-May this year. Last month I sent an email to the high comm asking for any progress, after hitting the 4th month of waiting. I got a replied from an officer (assuming my CO), to go for medical check and apply for the singapore police check. I assume if they ask me to go for medical and police check, I'm nearer towards getting an approval. Nothing said about interviews, and I do hope I won't need to go for one. Good luck to everyone )

themuel and icehorizon88 like this.
__________________


Applied online in Singapore =o)

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 98
Users Flag! From singapore

27 likes received
88 likes given
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehorizon88 View Post
Hi Themuel,

Thanks for your reply! My wife is from Burma. It's great to know that things are moving along for you It must have been a great relief when you heard from your co that interview is no longer required. I hope that my wife will also hear from the embassy soon regarding to medical and police clearance requests since her application was made roughly around the same time as yours. Let me know when you got updates and all the best
Hi icehorizon88,

Thank you! :-) yes! it was really a great relief. It makes me feel that i submitted the correct paper works and the submitted it accordingly. I am from the Philippines bdw and working here for more than 6 years but I am not a resident.

Thats pretty good you came down to be with your partner. My partner wants to live here too until the visa gets granted but it wasnt easy for him to find a job.

Surely, you will receive and update very soon. just keep praying. nothing to worry if our intentions is genuine.

Sure, i will update you! Currently, I am trying to work out to grant me a vacation leave to go back to my home country even for 3 days just to get my police report. I really wanted to submit this requirements before the end of the year.

Bdw, who is your CO? Mine's initial is CW.

Keep in touch! :-)

icehorizon88 likes this.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with PMV Requirements (Filipina applying visa in Singapore) faith_pmw Visas and immigration 43 08-28-2014 06:24 AM
Singapore Help rsgurlygirl Visas and immigration 22 01-05-2014 01:12 AM
Singapore to Adelaide SA bloojet International Travel 0 06-07-2013 12:11 PM
Hi Everyone im from singapore alex101 New member introductions 2 08-10-2011 04:37 AM
Greetings to Australia from Singapore! coollinux New member introductions 1 12-20-2009 11:50 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com