Dear Friends... - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree30Likes

Dear Friends... - Page 3


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 02:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
Users Flag! From usa

60 likes received
96 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Quite honestly, I don't know for sure. At the very least if you were in Aus when they found out they'd give you 28 days to leave or you'd wind up being deported. You'd also incur a three-year ban from applying for any temporary visas in Australia. That's at minimum.

It would potentially be considered visa fraud, though, which yes, could potentially allow them to prosecute you (I think) If you were in Australia at the time or ever returned to Australia, even years down the road. It's not a chance I'd take. When you apply for the partner visa, one of the things you signed says you promise (and you're making a promise on a legal document) to notify them immediately if your relationship ends.

Your fiancee would be in even more hot water, though, since she is the sponsor, in Australia, and can much more easily be held legally culpable if you got the visa and flew over on it when you weren't entitled to it.

I really wouldn't mess around with it. Obviously you don't have to notify them your relationship has ended until you are SURE it's over, which may give you a little gray area to work with if you still aren't sure, but she sounds close to certain.

I'm kind of hoping a migration agent will weigh in and tell you what the exact potential consequences are for both of you for certain if you don't report it. Either way, I wouldn't risk it. She's got even more to lose than you do.

If I were you at this juncture, I would fly to Australia on an ETA immediately, and notify the embassy that you're taking a brief holiday to Australia. That stops them from being able to decide your visa because they can't grant it while you're in Australia.

Make whatever grand gesture you want when you get there. If she agrees to resume the relationship, well, all good, and you can continue the visa processing. If she says no, however, well, you'll have your answer, and you'll need to notify DIBP and cancel the processing of the visa.

My two cents.

All good... Thank you Collegirl. She says she wants space for a "few months" so if we are still at the same road at that point I will give them a call immediately to cancel. I've already cancelled my medical thing but I'm thinking maybe after a month of space will already determine which route I want to go. *sigh* she is just so stubborn and I can't live without her. This is all just a bad dream that won't end

Dinkum likes this.

  #22 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 02:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
Users Flag! From usa

60 likes received
96 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
The one thing to remind her is that the pmv is for 9 months. So you could go straight after the grant and live together for say 6 months and then get married.

Alot of people are scared that they will get divorced especially with a high divorced rate in Australia.

One thing I would say is don't leave her alone for too long as it gets harder to get it back the longer you leave it.

Mish lol

I truly love your ambition and that's what I was thinking all along but when she says things like "let yourself move on" and "that's final" that sounds like she is done and this is from all these arguments we had that were sparked from job drama on her side and my side of the world along with other things. I have ETA money but I know if I went there I'm not positive if she would meet me at the airport. I'm just holding on because I don't like to give up especially her because all this wouldn't be if I were there to begin with.


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 02:35 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1682 View Post

All good... Thank you Collegirl. She says she wants space for a "few months" so if we are still at the same road at that point I will give them a call immediately to cancel. I've already cancelled my medical thing but I'm thinking maybe after a month of space will already determine which route I want to go. *sigh* she is just so stubborn and I can't live without her. This is all just a bad dream that won't end
Alot of aussie girls are stubborn lol.

I hate bad dreams that won't end.

Good luck and keep us updated with how you go xoxo


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 02:38 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1682 View Post

Mish lol

I truly love your ambition and that's what I was thinking all along but when she says things like "let yourself move on" and "that's final" that sounds like she is done and this is from all these arguments we had that were sparked from job drama on her side and my side of the world along with other things. I have ETA money but I know if I went there I'm not positive if she would meet me at the airport. I'm just holding on because I don't like to give up especially her because all this wouldn't be if I were there to begin with.
I still reckon you should book a flight and hop on a plane. Then she is confronted with you.

Maybe it is hard on her because you haven't seen each other in ages and maybe also her friends go out with their boyfriends and she is like the 3rd wheel.


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 02:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
Users Flag! From usa

60 likes received
96 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
I still reckon you should book a flight and hop on a plane. Then she is confronted with you.

Maybe it is hard on her because you haven't seen each other in ages and maybe also her friends go out with their boyfriends and she is like the 3rd wheel.

LOL that is very true Mish she is a 3rd wheel a lot but the past 2 months she's just been on some other tip. I'll keep my eyes out on FB for any new guys or if I don't see that, I'll give her til late October to come around and if she hasn't changed I will cancel the whole thing which is what I should do now but I'm just gonna continue to pray and maybe she will get the program.


  #26 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 02:47 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
I'm with Mish - I think the sooner you go, the better. I remember another couple here who broke up under the stress of the application process - then if I remember correctly, one of them visited the other and it was all back on again and everything was okay. I think Mish knows who I'm talking about. They're happily married now.

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 02:59 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
I'm with Mish - I think the sooner you go, the better. I remember another couple here who broke up under the stress of the application process - then if I remember correctly, one of them visited the other and it was all back on again and everything was okay. I think Mish knows who I'm talking about. They're happily married now.
I am trying to rack my brain to who that is. I just remember the de facto one was granted and then he broke up with her .

The only one I can think she visited him and then they broke up again.


  #28 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
Users Flag! From usa

60 likes received
96 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
I am trying to rack my brain to who that is. I just remember the de facto one was granted and then he broke up with her .

The only one I can think she visited him and then they broke up again.

LOL you ladies really have me thinking I'ma do something crazy. I'm with you... go as soon as possible but when she says "LET ME GO!!!!" Don't u think she means it? lol... Like she's either caught a bad case of amnesia or this is one defense mechanism that is well played. Like she is MAD and is like... MOVE ON... MOVE ON... MOVE ON. My only thing is she still has the ring so I don't know if that could be a toss up or not.


  #29 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1682 View Post

LOL that is very true Mish she is a 3rd wheel a lot but the past 2 months she's just been on some other tip. I'll keep my eyes out on FB for any new guys or if I don't see that, I'll give her til late October to come around and if she hasn't changed I will cancel the whole thing which is what I should do now but I'm just gonna continue to pray and maybe she will get the program.
Just remember people don't put everything on facebook.


  #30 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2014, 03:06 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1682 View Post

LOL you ladies really have me thinking I'ma do something crazy. I'm with you... go as soon as possible but when she says "LET ME GO!!!!" Don't u think she means it? lol... Like she's either caught a bad case of amnesia or this is one defense mechanism that is well played. Like she is MAD and is like... MOVE ON... MOVE ON... MOVE ON. My only thing is she still has the ring so I don't know if that could be a toss up or not.
Maybe she will keep it .

The saying goes ... you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

You don't want to look back in 20 years and say "What would have happened of I had gone to oz to have a face to face chat with her".

Also remember things happen in the heat of the moment.

I will tell you something via PM that I don't want made public.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dear DIAC... CollegeGirl Visas and immigration 9 07-22-2013 10:14 PM
Dear All ramalakshmi New member introductions 1 06-06-2013 02:41 PM
Dear all. i need some information about Subclass 457 fadi Visas and immigration 3 08-17-2011 09:57 AM
PMV to 820 or to 309? oh dear now what?! KandK Visas and immigration 11 07-18-2011 11:18 AM
Dear kevin rudd Anonymous General chit-chat and news 0 08-31-2009 03:14 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:22 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com