I am holding Student Visa and now I want to apply for 820/801 Visa - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree5Likes

I am holding Student Visa and now I want to apply for 820/801 Visa - Page 2

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:48 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From vietnam

8 likes given
Hi everyone,
I think this is not a new topic, however It's still useful and necessary for people who are in same situation like me. The things is now i do not want to keep study because I am not afford to keep study and my student visa now is quite long for me . I just want to apply de facto visa then cancel my student visa. I have known that the Immi will grant you a Bridging Visa E (limit work time, cant go out Australia in a certain time). But i thought this will be the only way for me to cancel my study.
This is just what i have known, i still want to collect any value information from you guys.
Please feel free to up any post. Thank you.

  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From vietnam

8 likes given
Thank for all your kindly sharing.
Come back to my situation, currently, all the documents I can collect to lodge the DeFacto Visa are:
Registered Relationship Certificate started from 9/2014
Lease Agreement that is under our name (my name and my partner's name) started from 8/2014
Joint Account information started from 3/2014
Letters sent to the same address
Invitation that invited two of us

I thought that all documents are quite new and they are not enough 12 months evidences, therefore, when should i start apply my Defactor Visa?
I have read several threads about the similar case, I have known that many people here do not really recommend you to apply Bridging Visa E because it is not good.
However, due to the fact that I can afford to keep study, If I decide to apply for BVE then I will have limit work hours, no travel out of Australia, I want to know for how long I have to hold BVE? and when I can be granted the DeFacto Visa?

Thank you

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2014, 08:11 AM
GBP GBP is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,366
Users Flag! From australia

466 likes received
60 likes given
I think it is better to apply when your joint lease is about 12 months old. It is a strong evidence of cohabitation.

You will be on BV E until your partner visa is granted and currently onshore partner visa application takes 12-18 months to process.

If you get your partner visa at the end of the process, then being on BV E probably will only affect your timing for citizenship. But what if your application has been refused? Also, 12 months processing time is long, anything can happen during this time, what if you need to travel to your home country for an emergency? I would not go down that path if I have a better option.

Sponsored Links
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
BVE has no work rights at all so you will need to apply for them. Therefore if you have a part time job you will need to quit the job until you get work rights for your BVE. Also it is at the discretion of DIBP if they grant work rights.

AnnaPhung likes this.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2014, 04:06 AM
panda's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 136
Users Flag! From australia

26 likes received
24 likes given
You might want to transfer to another course or another school which cost you less. Defer your study (which you need a reason ) but you should not ever cancel anything. It will be a big black mark on your profile.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Applied Partner Visa 820 while holding 573 student visa. failed to enrol this smester summersyd Visas and immigration 8 08-01-2013 11:45 PM
Student to Partner Visa (801/820) Kolto Visas and immigration 3 12-03-2012 01:40 PM
Student (573) --> Partner (801 / 820) Visa: A Few Questions... Harley Visas and immigration 2 10-18-2012 11:36 AM
Work rights on bridging visa : from Student visa 573 to partner visa 820/801 rcar Visas and immigration 2 08-22-2012 06:28 AM
Apply for second student visa after lodging a partner visa application (820/801) forbesal Visas and immigration 0 08-08-2012 08:17 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.