Evidence - 820 de facto visa (Skype / privacy issues)

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Evidence - 820 de facto visa (Skype / privacy issues)


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Unhappy Evidence - 820 de facto visa (Skype / privacy issues)

Hey guys,

looking to see if anyone feels the same way i do about this situation and if anyone can give me advice on what to do about it.

applying for 820 de facto visa. my partner and i have been together for almost 3 years, living together for 2. we were apart for 8 months... complicated story. during that time apart we chatted, skyped, phone called every day.

now im pretty confident in the evidence i have proving that we have been living together in australia for the last 2 years. so should i still bother giving evidence for the time we were apart?

since its mostly on skype (no emails), as you can imagine, i didn't record the skype calls (didn't know how to) and the chats... well i feel they are super private and would rather not share them with anyone.

does anyone have any other ideas as to how to show we were in contact while apart if you think i should bother with it? is there another way of keeping privacy with skype stuff? let me know if you got any ideas.... anyone else felt the same about this? 'cause getting phone records for either one of us might be too complicated to obtain. but since our time apart was relatively a long time ago, maybe its not so relevant anymore. know what i mean?

really in a bind about this... thanks again to whoever writes! this forum is so good...


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
26 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexuszips View Post
Hey guys,

looking to see if anyone feels the same way i do about this situation and if anyone can give me advice on what to do about it.

applying for 820 de facto visa. my partner and i have been together for almost 3 years, living together for 2. we were apart for 8 months... complicated story. during that time apart we chatted, skyped, phone called every day.

now im pretty confident in the evidence i have proving that we have been living together in australia for the last 2 years. so should i still bother giving evidence for the time we were apart?

since its mostly on skype (no emails), as you can imagine, i didn't record the skype calls (didn't know how to) and the chats... well i feel they are super private and would rather not share them with anyone.

does anyone have any other ideas as to how to show we were in contact while apart if you think i should bother with it? is there another way of keeping privacy with skype stuff? let me know if you got any ideas.... anyone else felt the same about this? 'cause getting phone records for either one of us might be too complicated to obtain. but since our time apart was relatively a long time ago, maybe its not so relevant anymore. know what i mean?

really in a bind about this... thanks again to whoever writes! this forum is so good...


Hi! You can try the Skype Call Exporter. Your call history will be extracted and saved into a .csv file. You may check the Skype forum. Hope this helps


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-27-2011, 01:10 PM
millie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Please update your flag here .

Hi,

I had a period of separation from my partner and although i can't tell from your post when exactly your period of separation from your partner was my situation may be of interest to you in helping to decide what to do with your application. I'll give you a little summary of our relationship time line:

March 2007 - Met in person when we were both living in Dublin, Ireland
May 2008 - My partner had to move to London for work (we had not been living together prior to him moving to London)
May - Nov 2008 - We maintained a long distance relationship, commuting between Dublin & London for 6 months. During this time we decided that I would move to London so we could live together.
Nov 2008 - March 2009 - I had to return to Australia to apply for my WHV for the UK (i.e. this was what we considered to be a period of separation that we made reference to in our application as we didn't see each other for 4 months whereas when we were commuting between Dublin and London we saw each other an average of very 2 weeks).
March 2009 - Current - I returned to the UK and we have been living together since.

So in our application (we applied in Dec '10 so had well and truly met the criteria for 12 months defacto) we discussed the times we had been separated as we thought this was important in demonstrating our commitment to the relationship. Through out the time we were commuting long distances we kept records of all our travel details (flights, etc) and emails for making our plans for when we would be seeing each other and submitted this with our application. Then when i returned to Oz for 4 months again we had emails and mobile phone bills showing texts back and forth between both our numbers (we didn't have access to skype then and only spoke on the phone intermittently when i was staying at my parents which wasn't often and only used phone cards so had no real proof of this).

Hope this helps!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie
Hi,

I had a period of separation from my partner and although i can't tell from your post when exactly your period of separation from your partner was my situation may be of interest to you in helping to decide what to do with your application. I'll give you a little summary of our relationship time line:

March 2007 - Met in person when we were both living in Dublin, Ireland
May 2008 - My partner had to move to London for work (we had not been living together prior to him moving to London)
May - Nov 2008 - We maintained a long distance relationship, commuting between Dublin & London for 6 months. During this time we decided that I would move to London so we could live together.
Nov 2008 - March 2009 - I had to return to Australia to apply for my WHV for the UK (i.e. this was what we considered to be a period of separation that we made reference to in our application as we didn't see each other for 4 months whereas when we were commuting between Dublin and London we saw each other an average of very 2 weeks).
March 2009 - Current - I returned to the UK and we have been living together since.

So in our application (we applied in Dec '10 so had well and truly met the criteria for 12 months defacto) we discussed the times we had been separated as we thought this was important in demonstrating our commitment to the relationship. Through out the time we were commuting long distances we kept records of all our travel details (flights, etc) and emails for making our plans for when we would be seeing each other and submitted this with our application. Then when i returned to Oz for 4 months again we had emails and mobile phone bills showing texts back and forth between both our numbers (we didn't have access to skype then and only spoke on the phone intermittently when i was staying at my parents which wasn't often and only used phone cards so had no real proof of this).

Hope this helps!
Millie,

Can I assume you were granted your defacto visa without major hassle?

Thanks,

Jeremy


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

Hi my name is sunny , I m living with my gf from last six month but we know each others from last eight months , so I want to know can I apply for de fecto visa, we got everything joint account, same address everywhere, , cud u please suggest me which visa shd be better , I hv to apply after two months
thanx


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 09:55 AM
millie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy75 View Post
Millie,

Can I assume you were granted your defacto visa without major hassle?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

Sorry i'm only replying to this now, the email notifying me of your reply went through to my spam so i only noticed it today.

The answer to your question is yes our application was processed without any issues or concerns about our length of time living together (as it was well in excess of 12 months when we applied) and there was never any questions asked about the time we were living in separate countries. I think once you have all the relevant documentation to substantiate the 12 month living together clause any previous period of separation aren't too big an issue as long as you are able to show that you remain committed to the relationship during this time.

Hope your application is coming along well
Millie


Closed Thread

Tags
de facto visa, evidence

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Evidence to prove 1 year de facto for visa 820/801 NANANA Visas and immigration 4 09-22-2011 06:25 AM
De facto issues Janie Visas and immigration 8 10-21-2010 03:32 AM
Evidence for De Facto Visa, living in a sharehouse chloechloechloe Visas and immigration 2 03-23-2010 10:33 AM
De Facto visa - financial evidence retrolina Visas and immigration 1 03-03-2010 10:39 AM
Skype Logs , can be evidence or not.?? can Visas and immigration 2 02-20-2010 10:15 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com