External checking (Visa 176)

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

External checking (Visa 176)


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Question External checking (Visa 176)

Hi everyone,

I have lodged online my application on 5/7/2010 on category "Visa 176" . I was sponsored by South Australia government.
recently I have received an email from my Case Officer that my application is pending external checking and it can take in excess of 12 months to complete, it means in spite of my application priority (2) which should take normally 12 months, it will take 24 months.
I applied from Iran and it is in HR list.
does anybody have information in this regard? does my application extend another 12 months ?


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2011, 04:33 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMID View Post
Hi everyone,

I have lodged online my application on 5/7/2010 on category "Visa 176" . I was sponsored by South Australia government.
recently I have received an email from my Case Officer that my application is pending external checking and it can take in excess of 12 months to complete, it means in spite of my application priority (2) which should take normally 12 months, it will take 24 months.
I applied from Iran and it is in HR list.
does anybody have information in this regard? does my application extend another 12 months ?
Your case officer didn't request you to submit any documents yet? Like medical and penal clearance certificate?


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMID View Post
Hi everyone,

I have lodged online my application on 5/7/2010 on category "Visa 176" . I was sponsored by South Australia government.
recently I have received an email from my Case Officer that my application is pending external checking and it can take in excess of 12 months to complete, it means in spite of my application priority (2) which should take normally 12 months, it will take 24 months.
I applied from Iran and it is in HR list.
does anybody have information in this regard? does my application extend another 12 months ?

Mine is the similar one...I applied initially as sc 175 in June 2008 but then changed to sc176 in July 2010 after receiving SA sponsorship...all documents verifications were initially completed in October 2009....this time they only asked to provide form 80...that was in Sep 2010....current status is "routine check" that might be the external check....which normally takes around 6-9 months...


Last edited by Kffahim; 05-22-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kffahim View Post
Mine is the similar one...I applied initially as sc 175 in June 2008 but then changed to sc176 in July 2010 after receiving SA sponsorship...all documents verifications were initially completed in October 2009....this time they only asked to provide form 80...that was in Sep 2010....current status is "routine check" that might be the external check....which normally takes around 6-9 months...
And not asked to submit medicals or police clearance yet?


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

I was told to do medicals and pcc back in June 09...but now its obviously expired..so I guess they gonna ask it again...as I can see in my online status that "medical required" is written but not formally asked for my baby who was born last year in US.

In your case is the CO already assigned?


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Visa 176 (external Checking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnayram2017 View Post
Your case officer didn't request you to submit any documents yet? Like medical and penal clearance certificate?
My CO asked me about Form 80 and Payslips 5~6 months ago but he doesnt ask any medical or Penal clearance certificates yet.

Almost 1 month ago I chased the latest condition of my file, he replied your application is pending for external checking and can take in excess of 12 months!!


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

I do not believe & I hope it won't be additional 12 months..I think what the CO meant is that it can take more than 12 months from the date of your application lodgement and no one can guarantee it has to be completed within 12 months though you are in priority 2...


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2011, 05:01 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Unhappy Visa 176 (external Checking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kffahim View Post
I do not believe & I hope it won't be additional 12 months..I think what the CO meant is that it can take more than 12 months from the date of your application lodgement and no one can guarantee it has to be completed within 12 months though you are in priority 2...
One lawyer told me the external checking means that the application comes out from DIAC department and now is in hand of ASIO ,Australia international police, for checking everything such as the previous flights to foreign countries employment checking and so on. Because of this reason total time of the application can take almost 18 months or even 24 months!!! instead of 12 months


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
visa expired continued to use bank checking acount rev22only Business and investment 2 06-08-2011 06:43 AM
Checking Process Hassan Warraich Visas and immigration 2 03-16-2011 07:11 AM
Want to know about the step by step checking done by DIAC for 176 Visa hellorajshahi Visas and immigration 1 08-02-2010 11:23 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com