Bridging visa explanation

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CCMS

Bridging visa explanation


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From australia

Bridging visa explanation

Hello guys,
My wife is on visitor visa in Australia which was about to expire in few weeks, so we applied for an extention.

She got an email stating that she got bridging visa could somebody please explain what it means by the following:

Initial Stay Date: 30 November 2014
Must Not Arrive After: 30 November 2014
Stay Period: 30 November 2014
Travel Facility: Multiple
Visa Conditions 8101 - NO WORK
8201 - MAXIMUM 3 MONTHS STUDY

Another confusion is that It states she must not arrive after: 30 Nov, however she is already in Australia?


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 36
Users Flag! From malaysia

5 likes received
23 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1member1 View Post
Hello guys,
My wife is on visitor visa in Australia which was about to expire in few weeks, so we applied for an extention.

She got an email stating that she got bridging visa could somebody please explain what it means by the following:

Initial Stay Date: 30 November 2014
Must Not Arrive After: 30 November 2014
Stay Period: 30 November 2014
Travel Facility: Multiple
Visa Conditions 8101 - NO WORK
8201 - MAXIMUM 3 MONTHS STUDY

Another confusion is that It states she must not arrive after: 30 Nov, however she is already in Australia?
Hi,

Do you mind me asking, what's your wife's nationality? I am going to submit my application for the 820 soon and was pretty concerned about the No Work conditions on the bridging visa. I was told BVAs do not have work limitations but from what you wrote, they have imposed the No Work condition on your wife's bridging visa


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2014, 08:52 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,579
Users Flag! From australia

2432 likes received
187 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyWonka View Post
Hi,

Do you mind me asking, what's your wife's nationality? I am going to submit my application for the 820 soon and was pretty concerned about the No Work conditions on the bridging visa. I was told BVAs do not have work limitations but from what you wrote, they have imposed the No Work condition on your wife's bridging visa
The OP's BV has a "no work"condition because they applied for another visitor visa. When you apply for an onshore partner visa the associated bridging visa will have nil conditions.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From australia

She's Indian nationality and we had applied for visitor visa.


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 36
Users Flag! From malaysia

5 likes received
23 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
The OP's BV has a "no work"condition because they applied for another visitor visa. When you apply for an onshore partner visa the associated bridging visa will have nil conditions.
Ahhh... That explains. Thanks!


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From australia

so just to clarify, she has to leave Australia on 29th or 30th of November?


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2014, 05:16 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
1member1 - a bridging visa only keeps you legally in the country while another visa is processing. What visa is she on currently, and what visa has she applied for? Are you positive what she received is a bridging visa? If it actually is a bridging visa, she won't have to leave the country while she's waiting on whatever other visa you've applied for to be granted or denied.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2014, 05:25 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
1member1 - a bridging visa only keeps you legally in the country while another visa is processing. What visa is she on currently, and what visa has she applied for? Are you positive what she received is a bridging visa? If it actually is a bridging visa, she won't have to leave the country while she's waiting on whatever other visa you've applied for to be granted or denied.
Hi CollegeGirl,
she appiled for partner visa offshore (in India) at beginning of the year and we are still waiting for reply. Then she applied for visitor visa, she was granted total 12 months visa with 3 months stay, multi entry. Her 3 months will be over in few days, so we applied for extention e600 visitor visa (instead of her leaving the country and re entering, we thought this would be an easier option), so she received this visa:



Sorry, it might not be a bridging visa after all, she must've got that before being granted this tourist visa, my mistake.

Regarding this, does she has to leave Australia before 30th or she can leave on 30th?


Last edited by 1member1; 10-12-2014 at 05:29 AM.

  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 54
Users Flag! From pakistan

3 likes received
6 likes given
Those dates are really weird. What would they put a date infront of "Stay Period'? As your wife is already in Australia, IMO her 3 months time starts from the date of grant date. Your could give them a call and confirm it.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 54
Users Flag! From pakistan

3 likes received
6 likes given
Those dates are really weird. Why did they put a date in front of 'stay period'? Since your wife is already in Australia, i think her visa is in effect and the 3 month period has already commenced. You can confirm it from DIBP by calling them.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long does it take to get a Bridging Visa A / Bridging Visa B? speedyetz Visas and immigration 9 10-13-2014 04:34 AM
Vevo Explanation Sophey Visas and immigration 5 08-26-2013 10:53 PM
Dutch police check already has English explanation on it Nelly87 Visas and immigration 0 01-02-2013 09:36 AM
Stat Dec for every explanation daphsta Visas and immigration 2 05-04-2012 02:07 AM
Visa 176 explanation? Gemini Visas and immigration 2 08-08-2011 01:54 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com