apply for visa now or wait

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

apply for visa now or wait

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Active Member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
apply for visa now or wait

Hi, my mind is a bit everywhere at the moment so i am hoping that someone can give me some advice on rather to apply for my visa now or wait..

In August 2010 my Australian partner and i (Irish) moved to New Zealand as we did not have enough evidence to apply for defaco visa untill April 2011 and my second year work/holiday visa was up

In December 2010 i discovered i was pregnant but we decided at the time to stay on in New Zealand and still apply for visa..

baby due 29 august / deadline to fly 14 july / visa up in New Zealand 28 August

When the date came to applying i backed out of applying because the time frame seemed to short.. and i changed my mind about going ahead with chest xray if we got to that stage of visa... And also my job involved alot of heavy lifting and we could not afford to stay on in New Zealand on one wage..

My partner and i arrived in Australia last week (me on Evistor visa)

We did not want to seperate to soon so decided that we would return to Australia as my partner has a better paid job here.

I would finish work and stay with my partner in oz till mid July (deadline of flying 6wks before baby is due) then return home home and my partner would join me in Ireland a week or so before baby is due then i would apply for my visa in Ireland and my partner could stay with us 3 months till his holiday visa expired..

but the thought of the long flight home on my own 7.5 months pregnant.. leaving my partner... the extra expense is stressing.

I can stay in oz till the 19th of August on my Evisitor visa..

should i just apply for defacto visa on shore now or does it look really bad that i wont be able to fly out of Oz if bridgeing visa is not granted to stay on while my visa is been processed...

sorry if this is confusing but any advice or tips would be great


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 895
Users Flag! From australia

88 likes received
1 likes given
Hi there,

If you apply now for the de facto visa you will automatically be given a bridging visa. It's not something you have to apply for on top of the partner visa. So, you will be able to stay with the same visa conditions as your eVisa until a decision is made on the de facto application.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Wait... Tjw25 Visas and immigration 17 01-24-2012 02:13 AM
Onshore de facto - apply soon or wait? GermanGirl Visas and immigration 6 09-28-2011 07:57 AM
How long to wait for an acknowledgement letter for a Spouse Visa? sonanna Visas and immigration 3 05-23-2011 07:25 AM
Wait time for Washington Spouse Visa Application cal Visas and immigration 0 01-31-2011 02:36 AM
How much longer do I have to wait? ginathabet Visas and immigration 2 06-14-2009 11:07 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.