Questions concerning partner visa - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree6Likes

Questions concerning partner visa - Page 3


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 38
Users Flag! From belgium

17 likes received
17 likes given
Oh and sorry, to answer your question, other than creating an immi account we haven't done anything yet. Will do everything tomorrow.

You can only start uploading documents once you have paid. They ask a bunch of questions, then you pay, then you can start uploading documents. When you've paid, it will give you a reference to use for the sponsor's application.


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From germany

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianturtle View Post
haha I am trying to convince myself that we are prepared but very stressed out right now

Yes, we are applying for a partner visa 820 online.

I am doing my medicals tomorrow so waiting until the medicals are done to actually lodge the application, pay and start uploading documents.

We both filled out the applicant (47sp) and sponsor (40sp) forms on paper to have the answers ready but I read the questions they ask you when you lodge the application (applicant and sponsor's application) online replaces the paper forms. Again people, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong lol
Yeah, totally understand you are stressed out, but I am guessing you just have to stay calm and know you did everything the best you could....

ah, so you filled out everything on the paper forms, but are lodging online, so that you fill out the online forms from what you have written down on paper forms... but have you done 47 online yet? And you have all the documents ready, thats great!!!

Whishing you the best!!!!


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From germany

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianturtle View Post
Oh and sorry, to answer your question, other than creating an immi account we haven't done anything yet. Will do everything tomorrow.

You can only start uploading documents once you have paid. They ask a bunch of questions, then you pay, then you can start uploading documents. When you've paid, it will give you a reference to use for the sponsor's application.
Ah ok, cuz i had the feeling that the form online is slightly different for example concerning texts you need to write to the different evidence types...


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 38
Users Flag! From belgium

17 likes received
17 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by larissakukla View Post
Ah ok, cuz i had the feeling that the form online is slightly different for example concerning texts you need to write to the different evidence types...
I remember reading about parts where you need to write information about your relationship etc. but to be honest, I don't know much about that part. I guess we will have to see when we get to it. Sorry I'm not able to help you with this.


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2014, 09:29 AM
chicken999's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 846
Users Flag! From australia

417 likes received
4 likes given
[QUOTE="SkelinOz;633209"] It is ACTUALLY true My information as i said came DIRECT from Immigration. "Im sorry Mr Immigration man, your wrong, the Migration agent says you need 6 so here you go" Yer right.[/QUOTE


Why don't u read some of the horror stories on here about people being rejected before being so confident u are correct. Do u have ur visa yet? I have done pmv twice and 820 recently over a 5 year period. Immigration has given wrong advice to people on countless occasions. I hope no one foolishly follows your advice, specially if they are from a high risk country, and then is rejected.

Sure submit only 2 if your from a low risk country you may be okay maybe not. Its certainly smarter to submit more evidence and give them no doubt your relationship is genuine . If u submit only 2 and your from an African country I can guarantee u will be rejected.

Lisa.Scarlette likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #26 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 20
Users Flag! From uk

14 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine1981 View Post
This forum has seen a number of people who had their visas rejected due to bad advice given direct from immigration. Yes you will also find bad advice being given by migration agents,but if you follow the council of MARA registered agents like Mark Northman,you are likely to get more accurate advice than from anyone on the front dest of an immigration office....
Wrong again, the information I provided came DIRECT from the Case Officer who looked after my application. To suggest that Migration Agents are likely to provide better (ie contradictorily advice) to that given by trained Immigration staff staggers me. I can see why a lot of Apps fail if they follow blindly the advice of a Migration Agent.


  #27 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 20
Users Flag! From uk

14 likes received
[quote=chicken999;633921]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkelinOz View Post
It is ACTUALLY true My information as i said came DIRECT from Immigration. "Im sorry Mr Immigration man, your wrong, the Migration agent says you need 6 so here you go" Yer right.[/QUOTE


Why don't u read some of the horror stories on here about people being rejected before being so confident u are correct. Do u have ur visa yet? I have done pmv twice and 820 recently over a 5 year period. Immigration has given wrong advice to people on countless occasions. I hope no one foolishly follows your advice, specially if they are from a high risk country, and then is rejected.

Sure submit only 2 if your from a low risk country you may be okay maybe not. Its certainly smarter to submit more evidence and give them no doubt your relationship is genuine . If u submit only 2 and your from an African country I can guarantee u will be rejected.
Thats exactly what i said. Thank you for confirming it. I quoted exactly what I was told by immigration. Yes i have my Visa (a 801) You hope no one foolishly follows my advice but I have a visa and you do not.
Wow no wonder your having trouble.


  #28 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2014, 12:53 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 2,068
Users Flag! From australia

654 likes received
198 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkelinOz View Post

Wrong again, the information I provided came DIRECT from the Case Officer who looked after my application. To suggest that Migration Agents are likely to provide better (ie contradictorily advice) to that given by trained Immigration staff staggers me. I can see why a lot of Apps fail if they follow blindly the advice of a Migration Agent.
Unfortunately there is little or no consistency in decision making by case officers,as each post is autonomous, what holds good for one does not necessarily hold good for another, therefore any information passed to you by a case offer may apply only to that particular post and possibly just that particular case officer!
The information supplied by members here comes from first hand experience dealing with numerous case officers, in a wide variety of overseas posts.
I can assure you that immigration staff have and probably will continue to give misleading and erroneous information.

CollegeGirl likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #29 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2014, 02:22 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 20
Users Flag! From uk

14 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesteve View Post
Unfortunately there is little or no consistency in decision making by case officers,as each post is autonomous, what holds good for one does not necessarily hold good for another, therefore any information passed to you by a case offer may apply only to that particular post and possibly just that particular case officer!
The information supplied by members here comes from first hand experience dealing with numerous case officers, in a wide variety of overseas posts.
I can assure you that immigration staff have and probably will continue to give misleading and erroneous information.
Fully agree that immigration staff can and do make mistakes, but not in my case.

Equally the information I post comes from first hand experience and I can assure you the Migration Agents i dealt with gave me the wrong information, which is why i did not employ there services.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa - Questions :) crolladx Visas and immigration 40 04-24-2014 03:32 AM
Partner visa questions Absurd Visas and immigration 2 04-03-2014 10:43 AM
Partner visa questions hodgi_76 Visas and immigration 9 01-25-2014 12:49 AM
Partner Visa Questions fbr Visas and immigration 1 07-17-2012 12:26 AM
Questions on partner visa kaijiun Visas and immigration 6 12-31-2009 05:05 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:37 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com