Leaving Australia after applying for Partner visa - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2Likes

Leaving Australia after applying for Partner visa - Page 2

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 82
Please update your flag here .

52 likes received
Originally Posted by Engaus View Post
I've never seen someone granted more than a 6 month BVB. 6 month multiple entry is what they give out. If you still don't have your partner visa by the time you leave (pretty possible) you could maybe apply for a BVB and then your partner could come back to australia at 6 months to hopefully have her partner visa issued....
I've heard of 15 months BVB for exceptional cases like the below case where applicant needs to go overseas for studies.


So it's possible for long than 6 months BVB. Don't discount the possibility of getting a long BVB since it may be helpful for you. Canada is quite a distance away.

  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Engaus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,078
Users Flag! From australia

500 likes received
117 likes given
Apart from this case then - ive never heard of anyone getting longer than 6 months - and this is coming from someone whose partner applied for a BVB and was seeking one for longer than 6 months for personal reasons.

Personally, given you have already applied for your partner visa about 6 months ago I think it's unlikely they would give you a BVB for longer than 6 months- especially when you are looking to move away from Australia for a period of 3 years. The person in the thread simply wanted to complete their studies and return to Australia.

You would also have to keep in mind that you won't be able to apply for your BVB until quite soon before your departure. You can't apply for it now if your wishing to travel around Jan allowing you to plan ahead. When would you have to decide on if you wanted to take the position?

So - you can apply for the BVB, hope to get longer than 6 months, but you wont know until about 2 weeks prior to your departure, and then if you only get 6 months your partner will have to be prepared to come back to Australia and wait out the confirmation of the visa.

Visa: 820/801 Partner (Defacto) from WHV
Nationality: British
Applied: Online, Onshore (Melbourne)
Application Date: 5th February 2014
Police Checks: 5th February 2014
Medicals: 5th February 2014
GRANT DATE: 4th June 2014

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Users Flag! From australia

Thank you everyone for the responses I really appreciate it!

Sponsored Links
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Users Flag! From australia

Originally Posted by Engaus View Post
When would you have to decide on if you wanted to take the position?
Hi Engaus. They are wanting to know as soon as possible. I am trying to push the start date back and my partner may stay in Australia for a short period by herself until the decision is made if I were to accept. I think this is the safest option. Otherwise we could apply for the BVB right before we leave and hope that a decision is made within the time frame allowed for re-entry.

I contacted the DOIC and was advised that she could leave without a BVB and would be asked to come back if the visa was granted, however they couldn't confirm 100% if leaving makes her ineligible. Since we have come this far and plan to settle in Australia eventually we don't want to take the chance.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2014, 01:19 AM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,262
Users Flag! From canada

1546 likes received
148 likes given
It's best if she can get a BVB. If she leaves Australia, she has no valid visa to re-enter. Of course she can apply and may likely get a tourist visa but it's never guaranteed, which is a worry you don't need.

186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leaving study and applying for PR in australia. verma_gaurav General chit-chat and news 9 11-18-2016 11:41 AM
Leaving Australia without applying for Bridging Visa B adm6 Visas and immigration 8 11-20-2013 03:28 AM
Leaving the country while applying for a defacto visa ale Visas and immigration 4 07-18-2013 02:58 AM
Getting married in Australia and applying for the partner visa Eduardoamo Visas and immigration 13 08-18-2011 04:56 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.