Accountant Negative Skills Assessment - Help - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes

Accountant Negative Skills Assessment - Help - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdongre View Post
Hello
I am also a Indian Chartered accountant passed in May 2002. You can check the ICAI website and check the page International Initiative by ICAI to get the useful info.

I have total 8.5 years of experience in ORACLE Applications and Banking. I am also thinking of immigrating to Australia. But the problem is that I have never worked as an Accountant in India and although I do have experience of 5+ years in Oracle Applications, I do not have University Degree as such in the same. So one of the agent in Mumbai told me that I am disqualified.

So m question is whether to go for CPA in Australia ?

Seniors pl offer your suggestions.

Thanks
Actually, the agent is being honest with u. Current accountant assessment, require an Accountant to have 3-5 working experience in the field in order to gain the point. Beside, if u ask Australia Computing Society to assess your IT oracle background, they will not able to qualified you based on working experience without academic standing. Seem like u need to look at alternative visa instead 175.


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2011, 03:38 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassy1810 View Post
Hey Doditz ,

So one more time inconsistency reflecting in the matter of re-assessment fee!....There was no mention of any re-assessment charge on the website prior to 1 July 2011..... Yes the rule for madatory 4 core subjects out of 12 subjects was introduced in July 2010.... but its better to be late than never...

I agree with your logic of priority 4 with 18mths processing time is better than priority 3 with 24 mths time frame. Our point of view is that if any state is willing to sponsor us it will do so only if there is adequate skill shortage in our nominated occupation and relevant immediate jobs available in that particular state. This will be a strong point in pushing our case faster plus we will earn 5 points which will be helpful since the new point system does not favour us. It will also mean finding job and settling will be comparatively easier. Also with the new requirement of having both work experience & qualification assessed in the nominated occupation it will make for a very clean documentation and easier for CO to decide.So although the maximum time-line is 24mths we anticipate the process could be completed within 12mths since all the documents would be given in advance at the time of DIAC application leaving no chance of any doubt. But all this is optimistic thinking....ultimately how the case progresses will entirely depend on our CO.
Hi Tassy

As I am already a PR, who had went through the Accountant path. I would said the key thing in ur hubby application is to passed CPA requirement on the ACCOUNTING THEORY and IELTS with a minimum 6 in all component. Otherwise, no state is able grant u sponsorship without the CPA/ICCA assessment and IELTS. Do bear in mind it is not easily to get state sponsorship for NSW. The state sponsorship was meant as a deterrent to prevent migrant to head for Sydney and Melboure upon arrival. There is an obligation for sponsor migrant to stay in a particular state for a few years. So do be careful with the visa option, it is wiser for you seek an agent to assist you.

Hi Doditz

Be patience when u hve submitted ur application. The wait can be crazy. However, when they ask u for Medical report and police check, it meant the visa granting date is 1-2 months away.

Hope this help do try to expedite all the paper work. In the future, Aust Immigration will restrict the influx of migrant through online invitation assessment. When one is assessed and deemed as a potential migrant, a letter will be issued and submitted together with the application.


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

4 likes given
Hi Tassy!

You're right, prior to July 2011, processing times for priority 4 was 18-24 months then. Oh my, you've certainly researched your immigration options well!

I am not that familiar with the July 2011 changes anymore. But I have read in the DIAC website that new SMPs have been released (and as a result, priority 4 allocations were reduced for the period Sep 9-23 huhu). Wish you all the best in your application!

I'll inform you as I have a CO assigned, no problem. I am quite excited because when I first lodged in May, the applications they were processing then (for 175) were still January 2010. And now, 5 months after, they're already in December 2010! Can't wait!



Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

4 likes given
Hi equation, nice to "meet" you here! Thanks a lot for your advice. Yes, I am closely monitoring the current processing times and allocation dates as I can't wait to take the opportunity for a better future in Aus. The CO will contact me through email, right?

Have you already migrated to Oz? Where are you currently? I've read other threads on the current job market for Accountants in Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane, but there were no replies. I keep wondering myself as I have narrowed down my options to these cities, but have no idea if there are more prospective accounting jobs in one city than the others.


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai - India
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From india

Quote:
Originally Posted by equation View Post
Actually, the agent is being honest with u. Current accountant assessment, require an Accountant to have 3-5 working experience in the field in order to gain the point. Beside, if u ask Australia Computing Society to assess your IT oracle background, they will not able to qualified you based on working experience without academic standing. Seem like u need to look at alternative visa instead 175.

Thanks Equation !!
So even though I am a Chartered Accountant from India, I cannot migrate as though I do have degree in Accounts , I have never worked as an acountant
and although I am working as Oracle Finance Consultant, the ACS will not consider my case.
So what is the alternative for me ? Is state sponsership possible ?

Please advice
Thanks


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: sydney
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From india

4 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdongre View Post
Thanks Equation !!
So even though I am a Chartered Accountant from India, I cannot migrate as though I do have degree in Accounts , I have never worked as an acountant
and although I am working as Oracle Finance Consultant, the ACS will not consider my case.
So what is the alternative for me ? Is state sponsership possible ?

Please advice
Thanks
Hi Asdongre,

My Husbands in a similar profile to yours passed in 2001-2002. Although u are into IT but are linked to finance. Your first step is to get your qualification assessment and subsequently work assessment done either through CPAA or ICAA or IPAA. If they positively assess you in both then there are no blockages. You have an option to go through state route or direct route whatever suits you.



  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: sydney
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From india

4 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by equation View Post
Hi Tassy

As I am already a PR, who had went through the Accountant path. I would said the key thing in ur hubby application is to passed CPA requirement on the ACCOUNTING THEORY and IELTS with a minimum 6 in all component. Otherwise, no state is able grant u sponsorship without the CPA/ICCA assessment and IELTS. Do bear in mind it is not easily to get state sponsorship for NSW. The state sponsorship was meant as a deterrent to prevent migrant to head for Sydney and Melboure upon arrival. There is an obligation for sponsor migrant to stay in a particular state for a few years. So do be careful with the visa option, it is wiser for you seek an agent to assist you.

Hi Doditz

Be patience when u hve submitted ur application. The wait can be crazy. However, when they ask u for Medical report and police check, it meant the visa granting date is 1-2 months away.

Hope this help do try to expedite all the paper work. In the future, Aust Immigration will restrict the influx of migrant through online invitation assessment. When one is assessed and deemed as a potential migrant, a letter will be issued and submitted together with the application.

Hi Equation,

Thanks for your suggestion. I agree with you that any paper work should be progressed only after fulfilling requirement of CPAA and IELTS and thats why my hubby is appearing for the Accounting theory exam. Hes already got the desired score in IELTS. Also I completely understand the SMP is to weed out the number of not so suitable applications. Thats why we are so much in favour of this one as we would be sure at the onset what our job prospects would be in Australia. If we get rejection from the state would be clear indication that the rest journey through GSM will be struggle even after reaching there. For us its either SMP NSW or India which is a booming economy.


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: sydney
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From india

4 likes received
Hi Equation,

Also wanted to know abt the job market for Accountants in broking industry if u have any idea. Also where in Aus are u located. Name of agent u did ur processing through?


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: sydney
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From india

4 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by doditz72 View Post
Hi Tassy!

You're right, prior to July 2011, processing times for priority 4 was 18-24 months then. Oh my, you've certainly researched your immigration options well!

I am not that familiar with the July 2011 changes anymore. But I have read in the DIAC website that new SMPs have been released (and as a result, priority 4 allocations were reduced for the period Sep 9-23 huhu). Wish you all the best in your application!

I'll inform you as I have a CO assigned, no problem. I am quite excited because when I first lodged in May, the applications they were processing then (for 175) were still January 2010. And now, 5 months after, they're already in December 2010! Can't wait!

Hey Doditz,

I am so glad 175 is moving so fast. And this rate continues I anticipate your application could be processed in another 2.5mths.

Wish u all the best. And please be in touch...


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From india

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassy1810 View Post
Hey Doditz ,

So one more time inconsistency reflecting in the matter of re-assessment fee!....There was no mention of any re-assessment charge on the website prior to 1 July 2011..... Yes the rule for madatory 4 core subjects out of 12 subjects was introduced in July 2010.... but its better to be late than never...

I agree with your logic of priority 4 with 18mths processing time is better than priority 3 with 24 mths time frame. Our point of view is that if any state is willing to sponsor us it will do so only if there is adequate skill shortage in our nominated occupation and relevant immediate jobs available in that particular state. This will be a strong point in pushing our case faster plus we will earn 5 points which will be helpful since the new point system does not favour us. It will also mean finding job and settling will be comparatively easier. Also with the new requirement of having both work experience & qualification assessed in the nominated occupation it will make for a very clean documentation and easier for CO to decide.So although the maximum time-line is 24mths we anticipate the process could be completed within 12mths since all the documents would be given in advance at the time of DIAC application leaving no chance of any doubt. But all this is optimistic thinking....ultimately how the case progresses will entirely depend on our CO.

If we change our visa to 175 we will still need positive skills assessment and the only other alternative route would be to change the ANZCO code. But the catch is that the ANZCO code should not only satisfy the qualification requirement but also the work experience criteria. My hubbys qualification and work ex fits well into the Accountant General and Management accountant category in which Accounting theory subject is mandatory and not so much into external auditor, internal auditor and taxation accountant roles.

Sydney is the place we want to be due to better job market in the capital market industry. My hubby has extensive experience in the capital markets industry and if he doesnt get a good job in Sydney he probably wont get a good job anywhere in Australia. Hence SMP will be useful as we dont intend to live anywhere other than NSW.

In Hindsight if we had applied for GSM by changing ANZCO to external/internal auditor prior to 1 July 2011 when work experience assessment was not required even then we would not be at any particular advantage cos the processing timelines then was priority 3 with18-24 mths time frame which would be similar to SMP in the new system.

We should keep in touch to see how our case progresses... hope there is no further twist and turn in the process. Let me know when u have CO appointed. And just hoping for my hubbys positive outcome for the foundation lvl...keeping fingers crossed...
Hi Tassy,

I passed out CA from ICAI in June 09 and CPA in May 11. I faced the same situation of not meeting the requirement of accounting theory subject, so i changed the anzco code to external auditor.

However I have been working as an accountant since Sep 10. I believe that recent work experience can be in any occupation on the SOL. I will be applying for 175 visa in Jan 2012. I have to now obtain the work experience certificate from my employers. I have heard that DIAC has rejected visa based on the work experience letters not meeting the recent work experience criteria.

I have worked in proper accountant's role like book-keeping, preparing financial statements, maintaing internal controls, budgeting etc for 10 months and now working as a financial advisor doing financial due diligence in a Big 4 firm.

I am not quite sure as to how to word the work experience letter. Can you or anybody here share their thoughts and experiences and if possible give out the reference letters which has been accepted by DIAC.

Many thanks

Rohit


Closed Thread

Tags
189, accountant

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Negative Skills Assessment from CPAA ANZCO code 22111 tassy1810 Visas and immigration 3 08-22-2014 06:10 PM
negative skill assessment help!!!!!!! strawberry11 Visas and immigration 0 09-22-2011 08:23 AM
Got State sponsorship but negative assessment ryaan Visas and immigration 1 05-26-2011 01:50 AM
NEED HELP: Skills Assessment Kalai_jj Visas and immigration 0 03-24-2011 04:06 AM
ACS Skills Assessment (RPL) Sanju Visas and immigration 1 01-07-2011 11:43 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:14 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com